Race Tech Suspension

kyleht

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[attachment id=168" thumbnail="1]actory internals and factory rear spring the front has all new internals with gold valves and the rear shock is sealed so it can't be re valved but they resprung it for my weight

How much did it set you back?

• Premium Member
The one sheet is all they gave me. It cost me $500. My favorite part about it is it controls the front end dive when braking and coming into a corner and it feels much mor confident carrying through a corner. I definitely recommend any type of suspension upgrade. I fell in love with the bike again since putting it on.

I would call them back. You're in the computer now. Ask them for specifics as to what was done. It should go like this:

"we installed 2 gold valves, 1 each base valve and rebound in the one leg. We used C3x and R2x shim configuration. We changed the oil and spring in the other leg but otherwise made no changes (Ed. would be nice if they had put a base valve in and also put the Kayaba valve holder on the end and installed the other half of the GV pair...) On your shock we ....."

• 1 month later...
Yeah seems strange here as well, With an upright riding position and the 462 est wet weight that seems like it is running a pretty heavy spring for a 200# rider. Interesting note is even their calculator recommends a .95 kg/mm rate. I would recommend calling back in or taking it back in and asking why they used that rate in your forks when they recommend a .95 for your weight on their calculator. Call in and ask to speak with Sydney as she is the service manager.

pattonme,
The normal reason they don't give a stack number is the stack they use would not correspond to anything they have in the tables as the R&D guy comes up with his own stacks and then the DVS gives customers a different stack configuration.

Terry

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I'm in the process of installing the Race Tech valves in the front forks.  Also 0.95 springs.  Have to say the instructions from Race Tech are not for the amateur garage jockey.  i've been working on machines for many years.  Also did a Race Tech fork job on my F800ST without problems.  But this is my first adventure inside an upside down fork.  So I have things apart and have the cartridges assembly on the bench.  I assume the valving is inside this, but it doesn't want to come apart.  I've put some considerable force on things and nothing budges.  Don't want to damage anything, so allow me to ask for advice on how to get the cartridge apart.

In reading the ULEWZ thread on the Adrian kit, it looks like they supply the entire cartridge assembly.  So how does one go about getting inside this thing?  Any pics or description available?  

Thanks for any assistance.

Archived