What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 3/21/2020 at 3:16 PM, Trambo said:

Those were literally the very first farkels I put on my FJ-09 back in '15. Quite a handy little add-on, I agree.

Hah they were my first add-ons too; I literally took them off my MT07 at the dealership while trading it in and put them on the Tracer :)

• Thumbsup 1

Installed my Tutoro auto oiler, and as it's one of the few above freezing days this year went for a spin and a stop at a local car wash.  

An annoyance here is that while I ride all winter, it's very difficult to wash my bike.  See, when it's -20ish, water tends to flash freeze and there's a danger of damaging things if you're using any quantity.  And even when it's only around freezing during the day, getting the ground wet tends to just make ice issues way worse.  And, obviously, just washing things when it's really cold *sucks*.  However, manual car washes are really hard to find and, clearly, riding through an automatic wash is very much only a fun summer thing.  But, we just moved and it turns out there's a local manual car wash just about two miles away.  

So, got her all washed up nice and shiny and got a great chance to see just how well the oiler works with a subsequent spirited ride.  5C doesn't sound warm, but when it's been super cold for months it's like a balmy summer day, and it was a good chance to get her going fast and carve up some corners.  

20200322_142253_compress36.jpg

20200322_145640_compress33.jpg

20200322_150223_compress22.jpg

Edit: An aside here: The matte black vinyl on my front lower panels has held up marvelously over the winter's riding.  I'm genuinely impressed, as they're very much in a high-wear area, constantly sprayed with salt and gravel.  They look fantastic.  

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 5

I installed my new Yamaha 39L top case today. When I say "installed", I mean I flipped a lever up, dropped it on, and flipped the lever down...

Unfortunately, the re-keyable lock kit is out of stock with Yamaha right now, and no one has it in stock. I guess the case will sit on the shelf for a few weeks!

• Thumbsup 1

Covid self quarantine passtime: 

Givi handguards extenders, voltmeter, Quad Lock phone mount with USB charging, HeliBars risers, switch for LED Rigid lightbar, grip puppies

i-xsfLQ4Q-X5.jpg

LED turn signals / running lights, and Whelen LED amber running lights / turn signals controlled by Skene Design controller, Rigid LED lightbar 

i-WQKmfH6-X4.jpg

i-5WCFV9P-X4.jpg

Tail has been tidied by removing the entire license plate holder and turn signals, and I installed LED turn signals, along with an Ad-More Lighting lightbar which integrates brake, running and turn signals with its dual color LED's, plus a flashing brake light with a Whelen super LED unit.. And a Givi top case rack with license plate mount below it.

i-kn4NqM2-X4.jpg

i-dKfMTwn-X4.jpg

I'm ready to ride.... 

• Thumbsup 3

1 minute ago, betoney said:

@mingo - what is that blue tank protector you have?

It's a yamaha padded work apron for bikes.. free bonus when i purchased something from dealer. i think the techs use it or something like it to cover the tank.. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
38 minutes ago, mingo said:

Covid self quarantine passtime: 

Givi handguards extenders, voltmeter, Quad Lock phone mount with USB charging, HeliBars risers, switch for LED Rigid lightbar, grip puppies

LED turn signals / running lights, and Whelen LED amber running lights / turn signals controlled by Skene Design controller, Rigid LED lightbar 

Tail has been tidied by removing the entire license plate holder and turn signals, and I installed LED turn signals, along with an Ad-More Lighting lightbar which integrates brake, running and turn signals with its dual color LED's, plus a flashing brake light with a Whelen super LED unit.. And a Givi top case rack with license plate mount below it.

I'm ready to ride....

Plenty of lighting, I don't think you will have any trouble being seen.😎👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

21 minutes ago, mingo said:

It's a yamaha padded work apron for bikes.. free bonus when i purchased something from dealer. i think the techs use it or something like it to cover the tank.. 

I want one.  Preferably a free one though, as a towel works fine, but it'd be a nice thing to have.

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

I have the same ones...  really, really pleased with them! 

OK, maybe I'm missing something here but where are the index marks on the adjuster that lines up with the notch on the swingarm?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, betoney said:

OK, maybe I'm missing something here but where are the index marks on the adjuster that lines up with the notch on the swingarm?

There’s a little decal that comes with these adjusters that you can stick onto the swingarm, and then index the back of the adjuster body to the marks on the decal.   

It’s a bit cheesy, admittedly.   I use a Motion Pro chain alignment tool, and don’t worry about the index marks.  

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

There’s a little decal that comes with these adjusters that you can stick onto the swingarm, and then index the back of the adjuster body to the marks on the decal.   

It’s a bit cheesy, admittedly.   I use a Motion Pro chain alignment tool, and don’t worry about the index marks.  

They should not even put the index decal in the box. They are way cheesy for a well machined part and does not stick at all. Not to mention could “slip” from where you originally got them on and now your calibration is off. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion.