What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, keithu said:

I see that E10 regular was $1.19 in your photo, what was the price there for E10 premium? 

Here in Oregon we're still paying ~$2 for E10 regular and $2.30-2.50 for E10 premium. E0 premium is around $4 per gallon, so I only run it in my chainsaw and lawn tools. Not worth the price difference in my FJ-09.

This was less than an hour ago in Western Washington, and those prices are after the price drop a few weeks ago due to the surplus.

image.thumb.png.d757f5afe0f154f4ead5b598c0f43155.png

• Sad 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 5/14/2020 at 7:53 AM, SKYFLIX said:

Finally received the new Garmin motorcycle mount for my XT, so now I can quickly move it between the bikes. Also added the Engage tank bag. and a mount for the 360 camera. Finally tour ready!

IMG_20200513_181530.jpg

I can see Insta360 oneX on handle guard... Do you have any vids uploaded on YouTube? I'm quite interested in that camera, I wonder how that thing/position would be taken.

I took a few yesterday, but I haven't uploaded them (I can if you're really interested). I'm not really sold on that position on the bike. I was hoping that position would give a view of vehicles approaching from the rear, but it's not far enough out to do that. But the camera itself is bloody awesome. I've had it for about a year. I wouldn't buy the Insta360 One X today, though. I'd Get the One R with the 360 module instead. The One X battery life is atrocious, which is why you see the power cable run to the 12V USB power adapter. And the One R has a better lens protector, is smaller, and is more waterproof (which is to say that the One X isn't waterproof at all). The video footage is the same between them. In fact, having typed that out now, I think I might be pulling the trigger on one myself

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

This was less than an hour ago in Western Washington, and those prices are after the price drop a few weeks ago due to the surplus.

WTH? Those prices are crazy. Was this in the Vancouver/Portland area? PDX gas prices are always way higher than the rest of Oregon. I know WA is usually a little higher than OR, but that's insane.

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, keithu said:

WTH? Those prices are crazy. Was this in the Vancouver/Portland area? PDX gas prices are always way higher than the rest of Oregon. I know WA is usually a little higher than OR, but that's insane.

That was right off the interstate in Olympia.  We have the 3rd highest gas tax in the nation but that only accounts for $0.50 a gallon. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, betoney said:

We're paying $1.49 to $1.69 per gallon in Louisiana. I run regular and it runs fine. No detonation.

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, tktplz said:

We're paying $1.49 to $1.69 per gallon in Louisiana. I run regular and it runs fine. No detonation.

$1.34 for regular, $1.96 for 93 E10 premium, at the Shell around the corner.   The irony is that I actually would like to see higher pump prices, given the implosion of the local Houston oil economy.  

Put some miles on it, just turned over 2k as I pulled into the garage.
Also put a quad lock on instead of the ram mount. I like the quad mount better, but don't like that I have to have something attached to my phone. I got the bicycle mount because it was cheaper and fits very shallow.

49899179566_a36f233465_c.jpg
49899486767_89517675b0_c.jpg
49901481147_59672f4345_c.jpg49901480412_29c4c9eb72_c.jpg
49901480247_758db9eed8_c.jpg

• Premium Member
On 5/14/2020 at 7:57 PM, tktplz said:

I understand ya on the older age thing, into my 60s now. texscottyd is pretty close to the Texas Hill Country. That chip seal on the roads there eats tires for breakfast. I'm glad it's our 1st meet of the spring so i usually have a new set of tennis on the FJ. On riding I keep saying I'm slowing down and will be a mid pack rider but.....there's always a but in there, when the roads get twisty they lure you in and the next thing you know your running somewhere between 3rd and 5th in line sliding the rear tire into corners. The best I've gotten on a rear so far is 3,400 miles. That's actually pretty good because when I was riding the ZRX1100 I was lucky to get 2,600 out of a rear, the original Roadsmart IIs. If I was riding using a sport-bike tire it was between 1,200 and 1,700 miles. But boy are they confidence inspiring. If I get a Gen-Mar tire changer I might go back to sport-bike tires. We will see how they last. Or we may stick with the sport touring tires......if I can get myself to stay mid-pack, LOL!  😈

Love my Bridgestone S22'S. I've never gotten 2000 miles out of a set yet but then the FJ is just for my mountain bike. Often a ride might end a bit early because someone or all of us are out of tire. But I just truck it home anyway. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, fjray said:

Often a ride might end a bit early because someone or all of us are out of tire. But I just truck it home anyway. 

My saying before I bought the FJ was, "I wanted an FZ but I needed an FJ." I pretty much trailerd to our events. I'd get there late Thursday or Thursday night in the middle of the night not to use an extra vacation day on Thursday drive time. Then ride Friday and Saturday with everyone, trailer back home on Sunday. NP with tires running out and if they did it was on the trailer to go home anyway. That's the want side. I didn't get riding out of my system doing this. 2 days wasn't enough. So I wanted to be able to ride to and from events, hence the FJ. Now I ride out on Wednesday and meet others in Mena Arkansas for lunch and ride across Arkansas, up and down Mt Magazine a couple of times ending up in Russellville, Ar . Then Thursday riding a route planned to catch the roads we want, Push Mountain, The Little Dragon, ending up in Eureka Springs late afternoon, evening. Meeting up with the rest of the group to ride Friday and Saturday then leaving out Sunday morning, riding down the pig trail to Mena where I split with the guys from Texas I met there and ride back roads back to N W Louisiana. So sport touring tires are needed just because my tire change place, an old Big Dog Harley place, charges me 1/2 and hour shop time per tire, 55 bucks a tire to mount and balance. Can get a bit expensive doing tire changes after every trip, $110.00. So I'm either getting a Gen-Mar changer and super grippy tires and change tires at least 3 times sometimes 4 a year or tires or somewhat grippy and have them change them twice a year. Like I said, I do LOVE the confidence the sportbike tires give you!!!!😁

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 2

19 hours ago, betoney said:

$0.50 a gallon. 

11 cents a gallon in Louisiana. But this is Louisiana, people fill their cement ponds with oil here, it's everywhere.

Edited by tktplz

10 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Put some miles on it, just turned over 2k as I pulled into the garage.

Is this the Tomato-Orange paint job 2020 model you have there, kilo, which has been the topic of some conversation here in Oz recently - and not yet escaped from Yamaha's warehouses here!   If so, you'd likely know the correct name for that reddish colour...  TIA...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.