What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
@kiwicanuck I also have a seat from Rich's. Remember that if you aren't 100% pleased they will alter it for free for up to 1 full year. I have been back twice for minor tweaks and adjustments, no questions asked.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
And, since I was left unsupervised with internet access and a Paypal credit balance, some fun goodies are on the way: Pazzo adjustable levers, and a full set of Super Tenere factory turn signals.

I am also considering the Tenere front signals, post up your impressions of them after you get them installed. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
I am also considering the Tenere front signals, post up your impressions of them after you get them installed. 
The front signals are back ordered, so it will be a week or two before I get to it. I have the rear signals, wiring connectors, and new flasher relay, so I’m ready to go as soon as the rest of the parts arrive.

The Pazzo levers arrived today, and I must say they are REALLY nice. Can’t wait to get them mounted & see what I think.

C2988744-_AE85-4596-_A59_D-0_B0_B00_B9_B1_D0.jpg

I made the trip out to my old workshop to teach them how to use the Flashtune software and did a few little changes to my maps, more engine braking and backed off the fuel curve from my last remap.
I also adjusted the APS back a few degrees too. Fark me what a amazing difference! Smooth as butter in every mode.
Would hands down have stopped me from needing a reflash...
Still would have done it though! I can’t help myself!
Also made some dirt bike handguards fit and made a plan for lifting the Givi screen I bought to try and get a little better coverage on the freeway.
Oh and I picked up some Michelin Road 5’s to slap on my pretty blurple wheels when I get the chance! They look so good can’t wait to wear them out!

• Premium Member
Today.... I rode the NC part of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Beautiful down there, ain't it?
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

I hit 20K km on my bike on a trip through SD and started hearing a clunking noise when I started moving in 1st gear. When I got home, I took off the front sprocket cover and found that the front sprocket was toast (the rear sprocket was still like new). The back OEM tire was also gone so I ordered a Dunlop RoadSmart III rear tire, a new front sprocket (Yamaha), a new rear sprocket (JT), and a Z-ring chain. Got it all put back together but staking the solid pins on the Regina master link was a total pain. Some pics:

SDC10356.jpg

SDC10357.jpg

I'm going to take it for ride shortly to scrub the new rear tire.

• Supporting Member
Speaking of oddly sized hex's on this bike.. The front axle is a 14mm hex. I tried the same trick to no avail. I ended up ordering the set linked below. Has 12 & 14mm hex. 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007UQLQQ4/
I meant to respond to this earlier, @koth442 - I already had all the hex bits up to the 10, so I ended up ordering a 3-piece set with 12, 14, and 17mm instead.  It showed up as a 'you might also like' item from your original link, so I appreciate the lead.  $14.53 delivered to my doorstep in less than 48 hours...   
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EIJGQQ0

Well technically yesterday but I went for a nice looooong 200 mile ride through some twisties and got the road 5's properly broken in. These tires are effing incredible, massive step up from the stock dunlops.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Finally replaced the clutch cable with the updated version.. mine never showed any signs of fatigue, fraying, or excessive stretching, but I have a 600 mile ride coming up and didn't want to find out it was failing when I was out of state.

I also installed the Gilles Tooling axle blocks/adjusters since the drive chain slack needed to be adjusted anyway. I used the Motion Pro chain alignment tool to line up the sprockets (right side adjuster is about 4mm further forward on adjuster marks than left)... but it seems like I'm getting a lot more chain noise from the front sprocket... could just be in my head since I test rode it around my neighborhood with no helmet or maybe because the chain now has proper tension on it? … and by "proper tension" I'm not talking about what the book says. Seems to ride straight, no wobbles, no swaying, turn in seems normal. What should I look for to determine if my rear wheel /chain is out of alignment?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Finally replaced the clutch cable with the updated version.. mine never showed any signs of fatigue, fraying, or excessive stretching, but I have a 600 mile ride coming up and didn't want to find out it was failing when I was out of state. 
I also installed the Gilles Tooling axle blocks/adjusters since the drive chain slack needed to be adjusted anyway. I used the Motion Pro chain alignment tool to line up the sprockets (right side adjuster is about 4mm further forward on adjuster marks than left)... but it seems like I'm getting a lot more chain noise from the front sprocket... could just be in my head since I test rode it around my neighborhood with no helmet or maybe because the chain now has proper tension on it? … and by "proper tension" I'm not talking about what the book says. Seems to ride straight, no wobbles, no swaying, turn in seems normal. What should I look for to determine if my rear wheel /chain is out of alignment?

That tool is pretty nifty. If it shows you’re lined up, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve been using it the last 50k miles on various bikes, and it hasn’t been wrong yet. Except that one time I left it on the sprocket. Then things went wrong.

• Premium Member
Today.... I rode the NC part of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Beautiful down there, ain't it?
Yes it is. I went with my Father in law. He’s 74 and I don’t know if he’s gonna ride to many more seasons. It was a blast and something I will always remember. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
I saw another 9’er today ion US 411 in Tennessee. He was piloting the superior red variant. Which one of you was it?

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member

How many miles didja get out of it? I'm at 22,225 on the OEM. I've got a backup ready to go when the time comes, feels like it's getting close.