What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Continuing to take advantage of the ECU being off for a flash. Performed additional surgery and removed the charcoal canister this evening. It did NOT come willingly. Almost stripped the bolts holding the mounting bracket to the frame, but it's out.  

IMG_4534.jpg

did you also remove the foam under the gas tank?  ? its a free mod 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
I removed the " Bat Wings " ... stole the bar ends off my FZ-07 since they fit... 
its my theory at certain speeds and angle of " Bat Wings " they provide the lift needed to help the FJ-09 achieve flight
Empirical evidence suggests you’re absolutely right. If you scroll back a few pages in this thread, you’ll find this comment of mine from June 9th of initial observations after removing the batwing handguards:

“One thing that is absolutely noticeable is a change in high speed stability. From the day it was new, my bike had a minor low frequency oscillation - I would never have called it a speed wobble - at speeds around 110 - 115 mph (professional rider, closed course, don’t try this at home, blah, blah, blah...). The new suspension muted it significantly, but it was still definitely there... not dangerous, not troubling, but noticeable. In the back of my mind, I always thought with was likely an aero issue, presumably since I have the saddle bags on the bike 100% of the time. Well, I can happily report that removing the factory handguards completely cleared up the oscillation issue. I covered over a mile yesterday laid out on the speed governor (don’t judge me) with zero stability concerns. Who would have guessed?”

• Premium Member
I removed the " Bat Wings " ... stole the bar ends off my FZ-07 since they fit... 
its my theory at certain speeds and angle of " Bat Wings " they provide the lift needed to help the FJ-09 achieve flight
Empirical evidence suggests you’re absolutely right. If you scroll back a few pages in this thread, you’ll find this comment of mine from June 9th of initial observations after removing the batwing handguards:  
“One thing that is absolutely noticeable is a change in high speed stability. From the day it was new, my bike had a minor low frequency oscillation - I would never have called it a speed wobble - at speeds around 110 - 115 mph (professional rider, closed course, don’t try this at home, blah, blah, blah...). The new suspension muted it significantly, but it was still definitely there... not dangerous, not troubling, but noticeable. In the back of my mind, I always thought with was likely an aero issue, presumably since I have the saddle bags on the bike 100% of the time. Well, I can happily report that removing the factory handguards completely cleared up the oscillation issue. I covered over a mile yesterday laid out on the speed governor (don’t judge me) with zero stability concerns. Who would have guessed?”
I also agree. I removed the 'donkey ears' 2 years ago, and haven't looked back. No more head shake or creepy stability wobble at highway speeds. 

I installed FZ-09 bar-ends as well. Direct fit, no fuss, cheap & effective.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Continuing to take advantage of the ECU being off for a flash. Performed additional surgery and removed the charcoal canister this evening. It did NOT come willingly. Almost stripped the bolts holding the mounting bracket to the frame, but it's out.  

IMG_4534.jpg

I did not, but everything is still on the operating table, so I could.  Details? I don’t know what the foam is for, but is there an advantage to getting rid of it?

I did not, but everything is still on the operating table, so I could.  Details? I don’t know what the foam is for, but is there an advantage to getting rid of it?
it's main purpose is to muffle the "intake" noise... removing it showed a nice noticeable increase.in HP/TQ across the board..read this.. https://fj-09.org/thread/1189/fj-09-flash-ready-updated?page=3...bout half page down...worth 3-4 HP/TQ... 
r
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
it's main purpose is to muffle the "intake" noise... removing it showed a nice noticeable increase.in HP/TQ across the board..read this.. https://fj-09.org/thread/1189/fj-09-flash-ready-updated?page=3...bout half page down...worth 3-4 HP/TQ... 
r

Is there anything else that needs to be done for the bike to "learn" the increased airflow?  I already have the flash for stock exhaust.
Is the increase actually noticeable by real world riding or mostly on a dyno?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I also agree. I removed the 'donkey ears' 2 years ago, and haven't looked back. No more head shake or creepy stability wobble at highway speeds.  
I installed FZ-09 bar-ends as well. Direct fit, no fuss, cheap & effective.
I wonder if that's why it was speed limited to 115. They could have noticed that effect in a wind tunnel.  
But you could actually flip the over, turning the hand guards into spoilers to increase down force. I should patent that and sell it to the MotoGP teams haha.

'15 FJ09

Went out for an hour and half ride today then changed the oil and the filter along with chain maintenance. (lost feeling in my right hand).
I'm going to keep changing the oil to different brands to see if there is a difference in the clutch. Astonished at the lack of fuel economy at 37mpg.

Also took off the seats to see what was there...or not. I don't see any way to raise/lower the seat height. Maybe i'm missing a piece. Couldn't find any helmet cable either. Weirrrrrrd. I took pictures but also started drinking so can't find my phone. :)

• Supporting Member
Installed a full set of the factory Super Tenere LED turn signals. Thanks to others that have documented the process before, it was a reasonably painless process... tedious, but painless.

I really like the look and function, and am glad I finally took the time to do this upgrade.

Installed a new set of levers. Chinese knock offs. They look great! Brake feels normal, clutch feels kinda funky. Haven't taken them for a test ride yet though so the jury is still out.
VEr4oN1.jpg

VpsUe94.jpg

Also did a manual CCT. Every time I do a manual CCT I remember why I don't bother with manual CCT's. I never know where to set it. Yes I know, rattle tighten, whine loosen. I just don't hear very well.

rfWFjC5.jpg

Links for both products:

Levers

CCT

'15 FJ09

@koth442... I had the same feeling with the CCT. After messing with it a few times I'm satisfied that I have it in a good spot and am glad i went with the manual tensioner. Even if you cant hear it, you can really feel when it's loose through the allen wrench...

Levers look good!

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

And, since I was left unsupervised with internet access and a Paypal credit balance, some fun goodies are on the way: Pazzo adjustable levers, and a full set of Super Tenere factory turn signals.

I am also considering the Tenere front signals, post up your impressions of them after you get them installed. 

Why not going with the YME-FLB2F-00 instead? 

FJ-09 2015

@koth442 ... I had the same feeling with the CCT. After messing with it a few times I'm satisfied that I have it in a good spot and am glad i went with the manual tensioner. Even if you cant hear it, you can really feel when it's loose through the allen wrench... 
Levers look good!
What does it feel like through the allen wrench? I toyed with a bit but... idk..

'15 FJ09

@koth442 ... I had the same feeling with the CCT. After messing with it a few times I'm satisfied that I have it in a good spot and am glad i went with the manual tensioner. Even if you cant hear it, you can really feel when it's loose through the allen wrench... 
Levers look good!
What does it feel like through the allen wrench? I toyed with a bit but... idk..

The vibrations coming through the wrench are more pronounced... you will always feel vibrations but when it's loose it will hit the guide a little harder. I have about a 1/4 of a turn between hearing rattle/lots of vibrations to quiet/less vibrations. Honestly not sure if that's where it needs to be, but was close enough for me.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA