What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

At the end of the day, $25 for a set of levers, ya get what ya pay for.
Simple, put them in your vise and run a reamer into the hole. Or go oversize, press in an oil-lite and then ream to size. 
What, you guys don't all have a machine shop in your garden shed?

I actually do...  
The levers are breaking in now. A little silicone spray and they're much smoother. I still might pull them out and "help" them a long a little bit with the method you've suggested.

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
At the end of the day, $25 for a set of levers, ya get what ya pay for.
Simple, put them in your vise and run a reamer into the hole. Or go oversize, press in an oil-lite and then ream to size. 
What, you guys don't all have a machine shop in your garden shed?

Nooo... But I know a guy, not too far north of me...  ;)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Another hot day up here in the mountains decided to give the naked fj a whirl. This is most definitely 100% in my head but I swear the bike feels more nimble with no screen. 

20180711_195512.jpg
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Supporting Member
This is most definitely 100% in my head but I swear the bike feels more nimble with no screen.
I understand, and have had that same impression when running without the screen.

For a real revelation in mental tricks, remove the factory handguards and see how it feels. I ditched mine a few months ago, and never looked back... love the lighter & more nimble impression from the saddle.

This is most definitely 100% in my head but I swear the bike feels more nimble with no screen.
I understand, and have had that same impression when running without the screen.  
For a real revelation in mental tricks, remove the factory handguards and see how it feels. I ditched mine a few months ago, and never looked back... love the lighter & more nimble impression from the saddle.

Abso-dang-lutely!  I lost the windshield and the funky hand guards and LOVE it.  Added some air deflectors made out of flashing between the windshield mount and the headlight housing and (again just a seat-of-the-pants observation) it made a noticable difference in turbulence and noise.

fairing1.jpgfairing2.jpg

Just cut out of some color-matched aluminum flashing I happened to have laying around and mounted with 3M double-sided foam tape.  This is the second season with them and they've (ahem...allegedly...) survived 3 digit blasts.

• Premium Member
Abso-dang-lutely!  I lost the windshield and the funky hand guards and LOVE it.  Added some air deflectors made out of flashing between the windshield mount and the headlight housing and (again just a seat-of-the-pants observation) it made a noticable difference in turbulence and noise. 
[em]***Snip for size***[/em]

Just cut out of some color-matched aluminum flashing I happened to have laying around and mounted with 3M double-sided foam tape.  This is the second season with them and they've (ahem...allegedly...) survived 3 digit blasts.

Wow!  I've been riding without windshield or hand guards for almost 2 years and love it.  I even put the hand guards back on this winter for a single day, when I realized they really don't do anything beneficial.
I love the way the flashing you attached ties that area together and it's also beneficial?  Now I'm going to have to go play with it.  Great idea!

• Supporting Member

Could you post some photos of the deflectors from different angles?  I believe you might have pioneered a movement.  Looks good AND functional?  win-win.

My brother rides a Honda 919 naked and when we swap bikes on a ride, its amazing how clean and quiet the air is with no screen.  The first thing he says when swapping back is "man, its crazy how loud it is WITH a windscreen", he said the same thing about my previous FZ1.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Could you post some photos of the deflectors from different angles?  I believe you might have pioneered a movement.  Looks good AND functional?  win-win.

Sure.  I'll start a new thread with pix.

Dang I want to but I have the knuckleguard lights that also function as turn signals. Part of the reason I installed them is because the flush mount front signals I put on are pretty weak.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights

• Supporting Member
Dang I want to but I have the knuckleguard lights that also function as turn signals. Part of the reason I installed them is because the flush mount front signals I put on are pretty weak.
My answer was no handguards, FZ9 bar ends, and Super Tenere turn signals. Oh, and Pazzo levers that work beautifully & look incredibly cool... now that you can see them without the factory handguards. :)

F5_FF24_FA-_F1_D0-483_F-9369-0_D318446_FC6_B.jpg

That does look great. Dam I really do wanna try that was cruising around without the windshield some more today and it feels soooo good. Feeling some serious sunk cost fallacy with the dzell lights... don't get me wrong they are awesome they were just a royal PITA to install and wouldn't really be plug and play to remove and reattach.

Got my MT-09 adventure pegs fresh from across the pond. IMO after riding a few miles with them they were worth every penny, vibes through pegs dropped dramatically and they just feel all around so much more solid and grippier. This is definitely a great OEM+ upgrade.

20180712_204128.jpg

... the dzell lights... don't get me wrong they are awesome they were just a royal PITA to install and wouldn't really be plug and play to remove and reattach.
I'm a nerd when it comes to lectrical stuff, but found the D-Zell LEDS an easy task, and the installation instructions, including templates for the fastenings, made it a breeze.   But we are all different.   I highly recommend them... 
Later edit - I have to say that my D-Zells were of the running light only version, NOT incorporating indicators, which I'm sure I'd have found a challenge to install!   My past Boxer twins had the BMW Can-Bus electronological system, which I called Can't-Bus, for there was no way in the world I'd have tinkered with that dastardly set-up!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

That does look great. Dam I really do wanna try that was cruising around without the windshield some more today and it feels soooo good. Feeling some serious sunk cost fallacy with the dzell lights... don't get me wrong they are awesome they were just a royal PITA to install and wouldn't really be plug and play to remove and reattach.
A few hours later...

20180712_233029.jpg

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow, an added bonus is the bar end weights I just picked up from highplainsrider look awesome. I'm even thinking that they should work even better now that they are actually right on the bar instead of a few inches away.