What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, BBB said:

For the uninformed (i.e. me) what is different or better about the speedbleeders?

Speed Bleeder... makes the job easier and with no/less mess. The rear brake is a breeze either way, but this helps nicely with the front. Works quite well actually, with just 1/4 turn. The goop on the threads does wear out at some point.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Do you have the thread specs @piotrek? e.g. M5 1.0 pitch and length? I can only find US sites that have those part numbers, but UK suppliers who list by size.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, BBB said:

Do you have the thread specs @piotrek? e.g. M5 1.0 pitch and length? I can only find US sites that have those part numbers, but UK suppliers who list by size.

Thread size is in the part number 😀... 8mm / 1.25. How is length noted with your suppliers? I can measure these if you'd like. Here they are listed as SB8125 (regular), SB8125L (longer) and SB8125LL (even longer) etc.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, BBB said:

Ha, never read the part number as being informative ! Thanks for that. They don’t give the length unfortunately so yes please on measuring them.

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/goodridge-speed-bleeder-243452/

You only have one size to pick from in the drop-down I see. Might have to look elsewhere or give them a call.

SB8125L (A=16mm B=30mm) SB8125LL (A=23mm B=39mm)

Capture.thumb.JPG.f01c2fd87aada31e387a328da9a316d5.JPG

• Premium Member

While some of you who clearly don’t know ship about migrating platforms, whining about loosing old threads and threatening to leave the forum, please do. You clearly don’t belong and only look to suck the value out of those who do belong. You are clueless. This move from the old platform to the new one was more complicated than your minds are capable of comprehending. It ok  your mom still loves you  

To those of you complaining about excessive adds, it’s a quick $50 fix. 

Meanwhile, I was onto more important things in life and installed this. I actually read a review on this by a kid who bought it for his Kawasaki. He said “I saw this and figure I’d would look great on my bike. I was disappointed when it arrived and didn’t fit my bike like Razoma indicated. The little black tab sticking out was catching on the motor case  when I was trying to screw it in”.  I’m like hmmmmm, “The yellow one is the sun.  The yellow one is the sun”.  Seems like maybe a few of them have since purchased FJs ans joined the group 

EABD254A-1776-41C1-AA79-30B265C27A5B.jpeg

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member

Last string I read this morning was nothing but folks complaining. The world is already too dark to complain about a webpage that lives and breaths by contributing members. Maybe I’m the one who is too grumpy. Lol. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

25 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

WTF? 

Did I miss something? 🤨

Yea. Someone I won't name went absolutely bonkers. I gave them a warning and attempted to explain why we changed formats. That just upset this individual more. Now he's on timeout. 

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member

uh cant we all just get along... the purpose of the forum is to help each other...at least that what i though

2011 Ford F150 Raptor- Daily driver

2014 Cadillac CTSV- its nice

1995 Mazda RX7- Project car

2015 FJ 09- I Needed 2 wheels again...LOL😉

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

I'm not aware that there was a great groundswell of demand from members to change the style and format of the old Forum

I have given this "talk" to various forums over the years.

A forum. As useful and wonderful as it is. Is the property of the owner. It is a business enterprise. That's why there are ads, that's why there are supporting venders and "premium" memberships. 

If this change helps @Cruizin make a bit of money for the time and effort he and the moderators put in. Good.

Don't get me wrong. A forum is only as good as the members in it. But. If it don't pay for itself...…. The rest is obvious.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

On 12/15/2018 at 4:30 PM, piotrek said:

Sorry... don't remember where I bought (last winter), but look-up SB8125L and SB8125LL (longer). There are a couple of reputable brands, Speed Bleeder and Goodridge. I found this application table... lists SB8125 for the rear, but the 'L' is a good length (in my previous photo). Front right OE bleeder has an o-ring on it... just an FYI. Replace it with the LL bleeder and done. Photo shows the two types used, and what came off the bike.

Capture.thumb.JPG.854f821800ce70429f5c82cdc804fca5.JPG

Could you do me a favor and make a tech tip out of this, it will get lost in the middle of this thread which is mega long. 

@piotrek