What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

@tobz - Can you elaborate a bit on that rear sprocket?   I haven’t seen that steel & aluminum combination before, and it looks intriguing...  

The inner piece is aluminum and the outer is steel.  You get better weight savings than a solid steel sprocket, while getting the wear and tear longevity of steel sprocket teeth.  I think it looks nice as well.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

It's a Supersprox. I've used them on dirt bikes for years, and they're generally much lighter than steel and hold up better than aluminum. The OEM Yamaha sprocket was amazingly light, but no regrets because I like the looks.

WWW.SUPERSPROXUSA.COM

| World leading motorcycle sprockets

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Today I added anti vibe handlebar risers from Rox. I used Neken universal 10mm stud, 1 1/8" bar mounts to eliminate the stock risers, and they're currently set at about 3/8" taller than stock. There's lots of room for adjustment if I decide to go higher or lower, or back and fourth.

20190223_105225.jpg

2019-02-23 18.32.26.jpg

2019-02-23 18.32.54.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I got the state safety inspection done, and had a funny conversation with the station tech.   

He asked if I had modified it, and I responded with “Nah, it’s all stock.  Well, except for the big brakes.  Oh, and the Ohlins shock & Racetech forks.  And the ECU reflash.    But that’s it.   Well, that and the Tenere LED signals, and Cal Sci windscreen, and Pazzo levers, and Sargent seats.   Oh, and those trick Gilles Tooling chain adjusters.   And some Evotech odds & ends.   So, uh, yeah, it’s all stock.” 

I may have an issue, but it’s just such a fun bike to tinker with... 

1704AB4B-4FC6-493A-BC7D-FA87DAC2F983.thumb.jpeg.64e430062d226502d86ee67797a655b8.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 5

• Premium Member

Installed Grip Puppies and rotated the handlebar forward to alleviate right wrist awkwardness and hand numbness after about 45 minutes of riding. This put my levers in an extremely awkward position and made the OEM hand guards even more useless. Removed the hand guards and rotated my levers upwards making sure there was adequate clearance, then ordered Barkbusters Storms. Hopefully there won't be a problem on install with the angle of the handlebars.

• Thumbsup 1

Not so much a "what have I done today" as a "what have I done this winter".  I bought my Tracer new in 2015 and for whatever reason left it more or less bog standard (Evotech radiator guard and Hepco & Becker crash bars) for the first three years.  Last year I put on KTM hand guards, Oxford heated grips, Kev's O2 mod and a Scorpion silencer.  I also finally got around to adjusting the standard suspension for me.

This year, the last two months, I have relatively speaking excelled myself.

• Givi M7 luggage rack and fitting kit
  • Givi V40N top box
  • Givi BF23 tanklock ring
  • Givi MT505 tank bag
  • FACO windscreen model no. 28435
  • Cosmo windscreen GPS bracket
  • Ultimateaddons iPhone 6 plus case with quick release mount
  • Double USB charger (mounted in the right hand socket space)
  • Pirelli Angel GT tyres front and rear
  • No-name black right angle tyre valves
  • K-tech fork springs (9.0 Nm)
  • Redline Extralight suspension fluid (8.3 CSt@40)
  • K-tech Razor R Light rear shock
  • No-name black 6 mm paddock stand bobbins

I think that's it.  The other thing I have done as a result of the above is equip myself with tyre changing equipment and fork servicing equipment.  These tool purchases were made for less than the cost of a dealer doing the actual work so I consider them to be "free".  Plus I can now perform these tasks at no cost in the future.

CS

Edited by captainscarlet
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

I got my Flashed ECU back from Vcyclenut.com so I was able to put it back together yesterday. Added a Denali sound bomb horn, Cut my air box snorkle down, added a sprint high flow air filter, removed the foam from under the tank, added the givi TN2139 bars for the new model, and cut the back half of the baffle out of my akrapovic titanium exhaust. 

Edited by thepmh
  • Thumbsup 2

5 hours ago, thepmh said:

I got my Flashed ECU back from Vcyclenut.com so I was able to put it back together yesterday. Added a Denali sound bomb horn, Cut my air box snorkle down, added a sprint high flow air filter, removed the foam from under the tank, added the givi TN2139 bars for the new model, and cut the back half of the baffle out of my akrapovic titanium exhaust. 

I leave it in A mode 100% of the time after getting mine flashed from Vcyclenut.... this is how the bike should have been from the factory.  I hope you enjoy.

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

9 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

I leave it in A mode 100% of the time after getting mine flashed from Vcyclenut.... this is how the bike should have been from the factory.  I hope you enjoy.

yeah! I played with the modes a little bit and std after the flash felt like a mode before flash. so then I threw it in a mode, and that was a blast. Just need some warmer weather to push it even more. :)

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I’ve been a little busy the last week or so throwing money at mine. I’ve added the Soundbomb Mini, OEM rack and topcase, bought an exhaust (which is on its way back-long story), ordered the Yosh made for the GT, added a few Ram Mounts, put Hyperlites on yesterday, and have a set of Bridgestone Hypersport tires to mount up. 

Anyone want a set of (verifiably) less than 300 miles set of the OEM Dunlops for a deal once I swap them out? Lol

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Chris Pope said:

Anyone want a set of (verifiably) less than 300 miles set of the OEM Dunlops for a deal once I swap them out? Lol

They make great flower planters for the garden. 😜

• Haha 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member

I already have started saving old tires to make a cool garage hi-top table. Maybe I’ll save a couple new ones too. 😂