• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

How did those bags work out? Gonna be able to keep them out of the wheels at speed? I am a fan of softbags, Wolfman and Giant Loop. They tend not to break if you drop your bike.

Guys who got red have the added benefit of the FJR bags matching. I have the FJ bags on order, but I might get some FJR bags and wrap them with vinyl to match. $800 is a lot of cheddar to throw down on bags. Especially if you already have some... If my LG helmet fits my buds FJR bags, I might pull the trigger.

Can you fit your helmet in those?  

That's genius. I heard that they were the same backs, but I never knew you could order just the lids.  
You get them from the stealer or fleabay or?

I gotta quit coming here, I keep opening up my wallet...

You can buy them from any online Yamaha parts dealer or go to your local shop. Although the price isn't significantly cheaper than the whole damn bag! 
Spare Lide Left Fjr Candy Red DRMK

1MC-F846T-40-00

Spare Lide Right Fjr Candy Red DRMK

1MC-F846U-40-00

Yeah, I saw that. I'm going to keep my eye out for some blem ones on fleabay or gregslist. I'm going to vinyl wrap them anyway to match.

@cthruu the shorty windscreen looks nice. I'm debating it as well. Is it on the high position in the pictures? I think it is, but curious. Maybe the pictures are deceiving, but in the low position it looks like it would be significantly shorter than stock. Would love to hear what you think and how it compares to stock for performance and height.

Is it the Cal Sci one?

@cthruu the shorty windscreen looks nice. I'm debating it as well. Is it on the high position in the pictures? I think it is, but curious. Maybe the pictures are deceiving, but in the low position it looks like it would be significantly shorter than stock. Would love to hear what you think and how it compares to stock for performance and height.  
Is it the Cal Sci one?
Yea its the Cal Sci and yea its in the high position. I really like it. I like that its a little wider than the stock and since its not as high the air hitting your helmet is clear. I was disliking the buffeting of the stock windscreen and this one seems better. Did almost 100 miles today. I'm up to 700 and change.

2015 FJ-09
2004 KTM 525

Is it the Cal Sci one?
Yea its the Cal Sci and yea its in the high position. I really like it. I like that its a little wider than the stock and since its not as high the air hitting your helmet is clear. I was disliking the buffeting of the stock windscreen and this one seems better. Did almost 100 miles today. I'm up to 700 and change.

Interesting. Doesn't seem wider from the pictures. As long as it clears the hand guards, But if it's made for the bike, it obviously does. 

Interesting. Doesn't seem wider from the pictures. As long as it clears the hand guards, But if it's made for the bike, it obviously does. 
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FJ-09prod.html 
Scroll down a bit to the table. Compare the widths to the stock shield.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Installed mirror extensions, great I no longer have to look at my arms. Also did a test ride with new CaliSc tall windshield, perfect in the low position nice and quiet no ram air noise.
Did the EXACT same thing as you only I also added my fender eliminator and the micro chicklet LED's like I saw on another guys FJ on here

Installed mirror extensions, great I no longer have to look at my arms. Also did a test ride with new CaliSc tall windshield, perfect in the low position nice and quiet no ram air noise.
Did the EXACT same thing as you only I also added my fender eliminator and the micro chicklet LED's like I saw on another guys FJ on here

Your fender eliminator? Pics please and was it a kit? I saw the graves one on YouTube for fz-09 wonder if it's the same?

That was mine. Nice work. Love the look of the back now. Just waiting on my flush mount front signals to arrive. 

Your fender eliminator? Pics please and was it a kit? I saw the graves one on YouTube for fz-09 wonder if it's the same?

I've got the Yoshimura FZ-09 fender eliminator on mine. Fits perfectly. Only difference is that the FJ has a longer tail. So with the FZ the plate sits right under the tail light and on the FJ it's recessed a few inches.  http://fj-09.org/post/1556/thread