What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

2 hours ago, 3sum said:

I just put mine on a couple weeks back. It wasn't the easiest full exhaust I've ever done, but it wasn't too bad. I'm trying to find my paperwork to see if the tab on the inside edge of the canister is for a removable db killer.  My 14 year old is driving me crazy asking me if it is. 

Great, What were the difficulties you ran into? I am a mediocre DIY guy, not the greatest mechanic. Will I be able to tackle this job easy? 

How you liking the sound with the dbK in? Heard these model the dbK cannot be removed, not sure. 

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, 3sum said:

I just put mine on a couple weeks back. It wasn't the easiest full exhaust I've ever done, but it wasn't too bad. I'm trying to find my paperwork to see if the tab on the inside edge of the canister is for a removable db killer.  My 14 year old is driving me crazy asking me if it is. 

Baffel on the FJ specic Yoshi pipe is not meant to be removed. You’ll have to drill. However, there’s no need. That pipe hums regardless and it’s plenty loud with a great growel. However make sure you really inspect the welds on the header. I have one (purchased in October 2018) and it’s headed back for warranty. Search my previous posts for what I’m talkin about. I’m sure the issue is “isolated “ to me, but make sure you have a proper weld. Also, when you first fire the bike up with new exhaust.... here me our here.... douse it in rubbing alcohol (the header) and make sure you clean every possible oil mark left behind. And that includes your fingerprints. Dry off and wait a bit. The colors on the header after the first heat break in are awesome. Any oil left on pipe before this step will bake in forever and look like monkey arse. 

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member
On 3/18/2019 at 10:22 PM, TracerDoc said:

Great, What were the difficulties you ran into? I am a mediocre DIY guy, not the greatest mechanic. Will I be able to tackle this job easy? 

Nothing huge but it took a while and some cussing to get the headers to line up, for one. Mounting the strap around the canister was more of a bitch due to the tight working space you have there. 

On 3/18/2019 at 10:22 PM, TracerDoc said:

How you liking the sound with the dbK in? Heard these model the dbK cannot be removed, not sure. 

I *love* the tone it has. Granted I still only have less than 500 miles on the bike so far, so I’m still taking it easy and haven’t gone over 6500 rpm’s. I can’t speak to how loud it is at full song yet plus I wear earplugs when I ride so it’s a bit muted already to my ears. 

• Thumbsup 1

37 minutes ago, 3sum said:

Nothing huge but it took a while and some cussing to get the headers to line up, for one. Mounting the strap around the canister was more of a bitch due to the tight working space you have there. 

I *love* the tone it has. Granted I still only have less than 500 miles on the bike so far, so I’m still taking it easy and haven’t gone over 6500 rpm’s. I can’t speak to how loud it is at full song yet plus I wear earplugs when I ride so it’s a bit muted already to my ears. 

I heard some other fella mention the middle one iirc not lining up correctly. I guess it’s the whole batch issue. :( I hope I can make it work well

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, sdb said:

Third attempt at a decent seat, Seat Concepts sport touring, installed today. Feels comfy at first flush and I like the added seat height.

what were the other seats you tried? I already got and love my corbin, but im curious since a lot of people dont get to try so many. I tried and was not a huge fan of the yamaha comfort, and stock on my GT also needed an upgrade but I find the corbin very comfortable and the heat works well and is awesome for those cold days in Utah

Edited by thepmh

I tried the Yamaha Comfort seat also and didn't find it much of an improvement and the Sargent, which was  okay but didn't solve the problem of sliding into the tank and looked really weird.  I've had Corbins on past motorcycles and have liked them, but I'm too cheap to spring for one since I'm probably going to get rid of the FJ this season. 

• Thumbsup 1

Since it's spring time but not quite yet here in Michigan I popped both my FJ-09 and HP-07( FZ-07 w/Hordpower airbox 😁) on the battery charger for a few hours and they both fired up fairly quickly, maybe 2 extra turns than normal after a long deep cold winter... I miss the sound of the CP3 screaming it's heavenly notes thru the Graves Exhaust system 😍

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Since it's spring time but not quite yet here in Michigan I popped both my FJ-09 and HP-07( FZ-07 w/Hordpower airbox 😁) on the battery charger for a few hours and they both fired up fairly quickly, maybe 2 extra turns than normal after a long deep cold winter... I miss the sound of the CP3 screaming it's heavenly notes thru the Graves Exhaust system 😍

Mine started after 98 days in a very cold garage in a microsecond.  Best cold start ever.  All I had to do was blip the start button and she started up instantly. 

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Hi Norcal

What do you think of FZ-07, I'm thinking of doing a Streettracker based on the 07. Still in the thinking stage of this and trying to get an idea of how much money I'm going to piss away on this build🤔

He who dies with the most toys wins.

41 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

Hi Norcal

What do you think of FZ-07, I'm thinking of doing a Streettracker based on the 07. Still in the thinking stage of this and trying to get an idea of how much money I'm going to piss away on this build🤔

It's a good "blank canvas" to work with... Bottom line is a Hordpower Airbox w/tune(ECU or piggy back control) with exhaust with give you the power the CP2 motor should have came from the factory, it's good never ending tractor like torque from idle... It's a fairly light bike @380ish pounds after I stripped it down... the FZ-07 is just a slight slight bit slower in the 1/8mile vs the FJ-09 then the FJ-09 just rockets ahead... The body work on the FZ-07 is like 6pcs vs the 20pcs on the FJ-09... thr FZ-07 has crappy stock( front forks need decent cartridges/springs and rear shock needs to be Ktech razorR- lots of track guys running this combo) suspension that makes the FJ-09 suspension feel like decent ...the Seating/riding position on the FZ-07 is very dirt bike like... I love both bikes but the FJ-09 gets the advantage... any questions feel free to ask... I dunno what type of answer you was looking for ...

Lots of custom builds on the FZ/MT-07 forum... 

After summer is over I will be selling my HP-07(FZ-07) for helleva deal (hsac dnasuoht owt) ...

Edited by norcal616
  • Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, coachluciano said:

Mine started after 98 days in a very cold garage in a microsecond.  Best cold start ever.  All I had to do was blip the start button and she started up instantly. 

The FJ+09 batteries is stock OEM one that came with the bike 3yrs ago... im Gonna let the bike sit for a few more days then fire it up again just to see if the battery still holds a charge...

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

It's a good "blank canvas" to work with... Bottom line is a Hordpower Airbox w/tune(ECU or piggy back control) with exhaust with give you the power the CP2 motor should have came from the factory, it's good never ending tractor like torque from idle... It's a fairly light bike @380ish pounds after I stripped it down... the FZ-07 is just a slight slight bit slower in the 1/8mile vs the FJ-09 then the FJ-09 just rockets ahead... The body work on the FZ-07 is like 6pcs vs the 20pcs on the FJ-09... thr FZ-07 has crappy stock( front forks need decent cartridges/springs and rear shock needs to be Ktech razorR- lots of track guys running this combo) suspension that makes the FJ-09 suspension feel like decent ...the Seating/riding position on the FZ-07 is very dirt bike like... I love both bikes but the FJ-09 gets the advantage... any questions feel free to ask... I dunno what type of answer you was looking for ...

Lots of custom builds on the FZ/MT-07 forum... 

After summer is over I will be selling my HP-07(FZ-07) for helleva deal (hsac dnasuoht owt) ...

Thanks, Norcal

I need to see an 07 with the tank and tail section off to see what modes are needed to the subframe and what would be needed on the swing arm, front forks to get 19" flat track tires to fit. I joined the FZ/MT-07 forum the other day.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:44 PM, captfire22 said:

Evotech radiator guard and tail tidy install continued 

fullsizeoutput_231.jpeg.a5180ed929cd4c363811e7ec2cd801e9.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpg.658d710535d5fa43184b482eace31ef5.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg.05de8ddcad51694d5332ebbdd10bd65e.jpg

And then I took my fine 38 year old vintage girl for a ride

IMG_0356.jpg.734960f5d7eba579ab71b86c030bcda9.jpg

Nice snow machine!

11 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

Thanks, Norcal

I need to see an 07 with the tank and tail section off to see what modes are needed to the subframe and what would be needed on the swing arm, front forks to get 19" flat track tires to fit. I joined the FZ/MT-07 forum the other day.

IIRC over the years R6 front end is what the flat trackers are using on an FZ-07... And use some dirt bike rear plastics for the subframe... A quick Google search of FZ-07 flat track shows a bit of ideas...

ya0415023012.gif

FZ-07-frame.jpg

• Thumbsup 1