What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
49 minutes ago, new1709rider said:

Good thing you've got those angled valve stems, don't believe you'd be able to air up or check pressure past those big rotors without them! 🤣

Even with the standard smaller rotors, the right angle valves make airing the tire so much easier. They should be standard equipment.  They were the very first thing I bought for my bike, even before I bought my bike. When they did the uncrating and assembly I had them install the valves. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, new1709rider said:

Good thing you've got those angled valve stems, don't believe you'd be able to air up or check pressure past those big rotors without them! 🤣

Apparently I’m something of a masochist, as I currently have the big rotors without the right angle stems...  it’s a bit of a gymnastics exercise to check & add air, so the right angle valve stems are definitely being fitted with the next pair of tires.  

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Please use all metal right angle valve stems. I had a rubber unit give it up at speed due to the stem separating at the wheel and causing the tire to loose all pressure very quickly. Only use units that will not tear due to the forces of riding.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
50 minutes ago, mike said:

Please use all metal right angle valve stems. I had a rubber unit give it up at speed due to the stem separating at the wheel and causing the tire to loose all pressure very quickly. Only use units that will not tear due to the forces of riding.

83 Degree Aluminum Valve Stems on Kurveygirl.com

• Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Hey @nigel5

That rear fender extender looks great.

Let me know when you are going to take orders for some !!

Best, cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

1 hour ago, nhchris said:

Hey @nigel5

That rear fender extender looks great.

Let me know when you are going to take orders for some !!

Best, cb

Found a bit of scrap thin aluminium so cuved it by hand, trimmed and painted it and secured with as bolts and locknuts, thought about pop rivets but I wanted to make sure it was really secure.

Extenders are silly money (£30!) and not very big, only cost me time.😀

Edited by nigel5
  • Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Ordered a shock from Nitron today. Also have chain and sprockets to install. Gonna take the swing arm off while I'm at it.

Chain and sprockets should have been installed, but I hit a snag. While loosening the axle nut I didn't pay attention. The other side where it sits next to the chain adjuster thing backed out and turned a couple of times putting a nice groove where it should be 90 degrees.

While waiting for those parts I just kept thinking about the suspension. May as well do it while it's all apart. 

• Thumbsup 2

41 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

While loosening the axle nut I didn't pay attention. The other side where it sits next to the chain adjuster thing backed out and turned a couple of times putting a nice groove where it should be 90 degrees

That’s annoying, but quite a few people have seen that happen. Its a good opportunity to fit after-market adjusters.

You’ll enjoy your new shock when it’s fitted 👍🏻

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
On 3/25/2019 at 7:43 AM, koth442 said:

Think I'll be ordering a few sets of those.... 

That looks exactly what I have waiting for my first tire change. I bought a spare pair a couple years ago. Other than the metal caps, they’re good. 

• Premium Member

Did the 24,000 mile service and the 26,000 mile valve adjustment. And put a Yoshimura exhaust on. Thanks @mattemike🙂

The technician described the exhaust valves as excessively tight.  At 25,750 miles.

• Thumbsup 3

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA