What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 4/30/2019 at 9:18 PM, chesterburnet said:

I got a Puig touring windscreen for $139 on Ebay and installed it tonight after work. I took a ride down the highway and I like it. A lot less noise and wind blast. On local roads it was really quiet and I could ride with my face shield up. I'm 6'1" and was worried I'd be too tall but it's good. I also installed TST blinkers front and rear with blinker genies on the front so they work as running lights. I got rid of the handguards and reflectors and I think this bike looks a lot better. It looks cluttered to me in stock trim. now it looks lean.

IMG_20190430_181701.jpg

I've had one of the screens on since day one. Love it and wouldn't be without it.

• Premium Member
On 5/9/2019 at 5:08 PM, coachluciano said:

Curious to see how these work on my stock rotors. Only 3k miles. Everything I have read about them say they are an improvement. Let everyone know after they are installed. Buy the looks of the weather in NY I’ll have plenty of days to install. Spring is late to arrive here. 

33478E67-8B44-45DA-8143-5B80E290166C.jpeg

I just replaced my pads with the same items yesterday.  I love these pads. It's an all around improvement!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
24 minutes ago, superfist said:

I just replaced my pads with the same items yesterday.  I love these pads. It's an all around improvement!

Ive had a set for the front sitting on my work bench for awhile now, after seeing these recent posts I decided "why not?".  Its a 5 minute procedure and the difference is quite noticeable.  👍

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I put her up on the paddock stands and removed the wheels & tires today.

My guy at work has a beautiful No-Mar setup (he's a racer) so he'll mount & balance for booze. Good to have friends, eh? My new Pilot Road GT's have been sitting in my office for about 3 months, it's taken me this long to get around to it. 😜

I'll have fresh rubber on the FJ for my Del's Gap trip in 3 weeks.

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

2 hours ago, Trambo said:

My new Pilot Road GT's have been sitting in my office for about 3 months, it's taken me this long to get around to it. 😜

I do not want to start another tyre - or even tire - thread, but... are Pilot Road GT's the better choice than the non-GT PRs?   I have read elsewhere that the GTs are for heavier bikes than ours.  I'll be ordering new rubber next week and am tossing-up between Pirelli Angels and the newer Michelin Road 5s.   But the Pirellis are about $100 cheaper...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

I do not want to start another tyre - or even tire - thread, but... are Pilot Road GT's the better choice than the non-GT PRs?   I have read elsewhere that the GTs are for heavier bikes than ours.  I'll be ordering new rubber next week and am tossing-up between Pirelli Angels and the newer Michelin Road 5s.   But the Pirellis are about $100 cheaper...

I actually picked the GT's for (hopefully) slightly better durability. They are designed for heavier sport-tour bikes, but this works in my favor as I am a rather heavy bloke (around 250lbs.) and I almost always ride with both the side cases and a tail bag carrying extra weight as well as an occasional passenger. With all that mass I tend to flat-spot rear tyres a great deal more quickly than most gents. I'll report on their ride quality in a few weeks after my trip to the mountains, after I pound on them for a thousand miles down there. :)

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
On 5/9/2019 at 5:08 PM, coachluciano said:

Curious to see how these work on my stock rotors. Only 3k miles. Everything I have read about them say they are an improvement. Let everyone know after they are installed. Buy the looks of the weather in NY I’ll have plenty of days to install. Spring is late to arrive here. 

33478E67-8B44-45DA-8143-5B80E290166C.jpeg

I think you will be really happy with the EBC double h pads, I use them on all my bikes. I put them on when I did the 600mi service, going to do the braided lines in the winter and the 320mm rotors. 

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

59 minutes ago, Trambo said:

I actually picked the GT's for (hopefully) slightly better durability. They are designed for heavier sport-tour bikes, but this works in my favor as I am a rather heavy bloke (around 250lbs.) and I almost always ride with both the side cases and a tail bag carrying extra weight as well as an occasional passenger. With all that mass I tend to flat-spot rear tyres a great deal more quickly than most gents. I'll report on their ride quality in a few weeks after my trip to the mountains, after I pound on them for a thousand miles down there. :)

Thanks for confirming, Trambo.   I am only 187lbs (85kg) fully-kitted, never carry a pillion, only rarely fully-loaded panniers, so the non-GTs should be fine for me.   Appreciate your input - enjoy the mountains!

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I finally have time to give the bike the attention it needs.  The windshield and instrument cluster had begun to shake late last year and I feared the support bracket was cracked; I was right.  I knew the taller touring V-Stream would put some stress on the stock bracket as I regularly travel at 80mph + rain or shine.  Going for the re-weld option as a neighbor is a fellow biker and professional welder.  Tires were also shot but I managed to get 13K miles out of the front to two rears last season on RS IIs.  The rear was cooked due mostly to commuting, unfortunately.    I opted for a set of RS III as I have done very well on RS II in all weather and road conditions where I ride up here in MN.  

I will follow up with a posting of everything put back the way it should be and pics of the tire wear if anyone is interested.  I doubt anyone will be fitting RS IIs as they are no longer being produced.  

The fairing bracket made it 16K miles with the tall touring windshield before corrosion at the weld and fatigue/cyclic stress caused its demise. 

instrument bracket.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

front.jpg

5 hours ago, dedsxy47 said:

I finally have time to give the bike the attention it needs.  The windshield and instrument cluster had begun to shake late last year and I feared the support bracket was cracked; I was right.  I knew the taller touring V-Stream would put some stress on the stock bracket as I regularly travel at 80mph + rain or shine.  Going for the re-weld option as a neighbor is a fellow biker and professional welder.  Tires were also shot but I managed to get 13K miles out of the front to two rears last season on RS IIs.  The rear was cooked due mostly to commuting, unfortunately.    I opted for a set of RS III as I have done very well on RS II in all weather and road conditions where I ride up here in MN.  

I will follow up with a posting of everything put back the way it should be and pics of the tire wear if anyone is interested.  I doubt anyone will be fitting RS IIs as they are no longer being produced.  

The fairing bracket made it 16K miles with the tall touring windshield before corrosion at the weld and fatigue/cyclic stress caused its demise. 

instrument bracket.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

front.jpg

Is that a pair of pockadoted boxers, I see in the laundry basket?  Heh heh  😀

All that stuff is out of my wife's suburban.  She treats it like a storage closet.  Then it ends up in my garage and she treats my garage like a storage closet.  Big no no.  Hard to work on the bike with all that crap that should NOT be there.  

My ex treated our vehicles like driving dumpsters and our house like the set of hoarders. Two of the reasons she is an ex. 

• Thumbsup 1
Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.