What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sphyon said:

Stripped the FJ for sale, baby on the way so my baby has to go! :( 

Divorce her now! Lol

Congrats!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Got a flat at 90mph had to go home and get the trailer and bring it back.🤨

20190518_174849.jpg

20190518_174423.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

I had one blow violently at about 60 last summer and I almost crashed. Blowouts are not fun. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, 3sum said:

I had one blow violently at about 60 last summer and I almost crashed. Blowouts are not fun. 

It wasn't that bad. The rear-end was all over the place, but I was ok. The bad part was that I was in heavy South Florida Interstate traffic and couldn't get out of the way.  These douche-canoes will run you over. 😕

• Sad 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I finally got around to putting my rear LED turn signals on today. I had installed the front ones a few weeks ago. The rear ones were a lot more trouble, then I accidentally shorted two wires which blew the fuse and took out half the LED's on the two front signals. An expensive mistake, now I have to spend another $62 to replace the front ones again! 😥

Here's some pics that show the rear ones versus one of the fronts. 

I also did away with the reflectors on the rear that stuck out so far past the license plate. 

I think I'm one of the few on here that actually likes the "flying" tail light assembly, I have no interest in using a tail tidy.Screenshot_20190518-210017_Gallery.thumb.jpg.38299aa0529d07ea472d87006f2cb67e.jpg

20190518_200920.jpg

Edited by new1709rider
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

Got a flat at 90mph had to go home and get the trailer and bring it back.🤨

20190518_174849.jpg

20190518_174423.jpg

I also have a Kendon trailer, I can't quite see where you're tying down the front of the bike, I want to know.  Please describe or post a picture.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

• Premium Member

I tightened a couple of bolts, lubed the chain, aired up the tires and put gas in it.  Then I rode it... for a long time.

First time I've been out on it in months.  Still generates a silly grin.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, runnerhiker said:

I also have a Kendon trailer, I can't quite see where you're tying down the front of the bike, I want to know.  Please describe or post a 

Around the lower triple trees. You just have to be careful with the routing.  This is kind of messy because it was at the end of the day after a breakdown. And I only had to tow it 5 miles or so. I put a bit more effort into it if I'm actually going any distance. 

15583000655726134391527872907230.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Today, I used the FJ to introduce another generation to the world of motorcycling, and connect some family history.   

The first photo is my father-in-law, on his Velocette somewhere in the early 1950s.  Yesterday, I had the honor of taking his 13 year old great-grandson out for a couple of hours of riding on a gorgeous spring day.  

The smile says it all.  As long as kids like this are getting introduced to our sport, I think the future of motorcycling looks pretty bright.   

0B16899C-7A46-42C4-880E-66F03D434C49.thumb.jpeg.130c821d920b9f4a3290a4717563a401.jpeg

94FA836E-19A2-45BE-85E3-7A8DE3826E1C.thumb.jpeg.bab09faf591e155d86ed213a8645cf31.jpeg

A59676A1-B084-4933-AB72-9E91BC82E3F4.thumb.jpeg.09b44ff2d4d37d5c00424d4c98c5e71f.jpeg

• Thumbsup 6

Haven't seen a Velo in years - the 'fishtail' zorst was always highly distinguishable!   Used to see lots when living in the UK... bit of a difference 'tween Tracer and Velo...

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, wordsmith said:

Haven't seen a Velo in years - the 'fishtail' zorst was always highly distinguishable!   Used to see lots when living in the UK... bit of a difference 'tween Tracer and Velo...

That photo was in the UK, actually.  My wife was born in Berkhamsted, England, and the family relocated to Texas when she was a child.  My father-in-law was a precision machinist, and had a fascinating career working at NASA...  a couple of my bikes had some VERY trick fabricated pieces made from scrap unobtainium in NASA’s machine shop.  

• Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

That photo was in the UK, actually.  My wife was born in Berkhamsted, England, and the family relocated to Texas when she was a child.  My father-in-law was a precision machinist, and had a fascinating career working at NASA...  a couple of my bikes had some VERY trick fabricated pieces made from scrap unobtainium in NASA’s machine shop.  

How strange - we came from the town of High Wycombe, not all that far from B'hamsted, about 12 miles due south.  In addition to its better-known bikes, including some pretty high-powered TT models, Velocette also made the rather peculiar LE model - a VERY ugly water-cooled horizontally-opposed twin of about 200cc (I think), which was colloquially know as the Whispering Ghost (or some other words of similar meaning).   It was much used by the Pleece, and it could quite literally pull up behind an innocent pedestrian in near-total silence and frighten the bejesus out of him!!  A bit sneaky really!   These were the days when, in the UK at least, there were such things as pedestrians on the streets.

70Velocette-LE-police-bike-LF.jpg

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

I got out for a nice 200 or so mile jaunt, but got to practice my tire plugging skilz about 15 miles from home. First worm popped out a couple miles down the road. Double-plugged it the second time and limped home. Will demount and patch it asap.  TPMS and "Stop-n-Go" inflator paid for themselves!

20190519_200819.jpg

20190519_200008.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, dedsxy47 said:

2018 KTM 1090 Adventure R

Nice!  I think you will be very happy.  I work part time at a KTM dealership and have a few KTMs of my own.  The 1090R is an awesome bike.

Rob