• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

3 hours ago, sirepair said:

I got out for a nice 200 or so mile jaunt, but got to practice my tire plugging skilz about 15 miles from home. First worm popped out a couple miles down the road. Double-plugged it the second time and limped home. Will demount and patch it asap.  TPMS and "Stop-n-Go" inflator paid for themselves

Any idea why the worm unplugged itself? Have used them a couple of times and they always lasted a few 1000k's until the next tyre change? Did you not push it in far enough, or perhaps not leave enough outside the tyre to form a bump outside the tyre?

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, bugie said:

Any idea why the worm unplugged itself? Have used them a couple of times and they always lasted a few 1000k's until the next tyre change? Did you not push it in far enough, or perhaps not leave enough outside the tyre to form a bump outside the tyre?

I've successfully plugged several tires, both mc and auto, and never had this happen.  My guess would be that the hole was too big. Even with two in it I was losing air at a fairly steady rate.  Had I had much farther to go I would have had to stop and air it up again.

• Thumbsup 1

4 minutes ago, sirepair said:

I've successfully plugged several tires, both mc and auto, and never had this happen.  My guess would be that the hole was too big. Even with two in it I was losing air at a fairly steady rate.  Had I had much farther to go I would have had to stop and air it up again.

Makes sense. If you had to put 2 in then the hole was definitely too big.

• Premium Member

Got new rear rubber, right angle valvestem and brake pads.🙂

20190520_141603.jpg

20190520_141616.jpg

15583763523327093115284782197400.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

Got new Michelin PR5 tires (front & rear), new chain, and new sprockets (front and rear), replaced brake fluid (front and rear)

Bike rides like new! 

• Thumbsup 4

Received my Givi V47 Tech and backrest, and installed the backrest.

Probably isn't going to live on the bike since I short-distance commute and the sidecases are enough space for that, but it'll be handy to have when I need it and for long trips.  Excuse the messy garage, my family are practically hoarders and nothing is sacred, not even a man's workshop.

Untitled.png.39b1202b37eea1a4260b65312dd96ad6.png

1 hour ago, cspradlin said:

Received my Givi V47 Tech and backrest, and installed the backrest.

Probably isn't going to live on the bike since I short-distance commute and the sidecases are enough space for that, but it'll be handy to have when I need it and for long trips.  Excuse the messy garage, my family are practically hoarders and nothing is sacred, not even a man's workshop.

Untitled.png.39b1202b37eea1a4260b65312dd96ad6.png

That's positively empty and pristine compared to some we see here!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member

Changed the oil and filter in preparation for 2 upcoming road trips into Northern California.

I switched to Castrol Power 1 full Synthetic from Yamalube semi-synthetic.

image.png.98ef0b7ab4bcdb11a9f084b00bb93bdc.png

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, betoney said:

Changed the oil and filter in preparation for 2 upcoming road trips into Northern California.

I switched to Castrol Power 1 full Synthetic from Yamalube semi-synthetic.

image.png.98ef0b7ab4bcdb11a9f084b00bb93bdc.png

Great choice. I've been using this for a few years now. In fact I just got a fresh case shipped in via Amazon today so I can tackle mine this weekend prior to my big trip to Deal's Gap in June. 

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Trambo said:

Great choice. I've been using this for a few years now. In fact I just got a fresh case shipped in via Amazon today so I can tackle mine this weekend prior to my big trip to Deal's Gap in June. 

I read great reviews, so figured I would give it a try. I also ordered a case on Amazon.  

I will have to change it again in 4 weeks after almost 5k miles between 2 road trips. The weather is finally changing around here, time to RIDE!!!

• Thumbsup 5

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

That was a good find, Ukblade - well done!   Painting to match would really finish it off nicely, but what colour is the bike?  Even for allowing for changes when photographing due to light, camera, etc., I have to say I haven't seen that colour before, but I do rather like it!   

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

7 hours ago, wordsmith said:

That was a good find, Ukblade - well done!   Painting to match would really finish it off nicely, but what colour is the bike?  Even for allowing for changes when photographing due to light, camera, etc., I have to say I haven't seen that colour before, but I do rather like it!   

The bike is a 2017 model and it's called Mountain Green. I've never seen another one but just had to buy the bike once I'd seen it. It's an amazing colour in the sunlight.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Totally agree, I love that color. Looks awesome.

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...