What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, BBB said:

Are you all actually measuring the oil volume using a reliable measuring jug, or just using the indicator lines on the bottles the oil comes in? If the latter, there’s your variance straight away.

Just using the indicator lines on the bottles the oil comes in. It may not be as accurate as a measuring jug but .20-.25 quarts left over in a bottle isn't that worrisome to me, I mean the hash marks on the bottle aren't that wildly far off and IDC what the precise measurement on the jug says anyway. The top mark on the sight-glass is the mark I only care about, and I just pour, sight, measure, and re-pour as needed to hit that mark. My FJ is THE fussiest bike I've ever owned with regards to exact oil level so I have to do it this way to keep her happy. Top hash mark only for her or she pitches a fit so that's how we do things here.

Edit - My service manual states 2.7 quarts with oil filter change which is quite accurate to the oil bottle hash marks so..... yeah.

• Thumbsup 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member

Is this a liters & quarts issue?   I think liters are kinda like quarts, only a little bigger...  :)  

2.7 L is about 2.85 Qt, which is close enough to my ‘a fraction under 3 quarts’ to call it even.  I’ll let it drain for 30 minutes or more to get every drop of old oil out, but am pretty impatient adding the new stuff... no doubt I leave a bit of fresh oil still in the bottles.   

• Supporting Member
17 minutes ago, Trambo said:

My FJ is THE fussiest bike I've ever owned with regards to exact oil level so I have to do it this way to keep her happy. Top hash mark only for her or she pitches a fit so that's how we do things here.

Edit - My service manual states 2.7 quarts with oil filter change which is quite accurate to the oil bottle hash marks so..... yeah.

I didn’t do any accurate measurements to determine mine either, I filled it to the top of the sight glass and it took 3 complete quarts to reach that point. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, new1709rider said:

I did this today. I know it looks a little dorky, but even though I like my Corbin seat it is slippery and has a little forward slope that had me constantly fighting sliding forward, instead of sitting comfortably in the big butt pocket. 

It doesn't really make the seat any softer, but it definitely got rid of the sliding around and the forward slope. I like the way it sits now. 

20190526_163418.jpg

Liking the way it feels is all that’s matters.  When you are riding, no one can see it anyway. 👍🏻

• Thumbsup 1

23 minutes ago, koth442 said:

You guys start your bikes after an oil change then check site glass after it cools for a few minutes?

Always - then a quick spin around the block and final check that the oil-drain plug is secure and no leaks.

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On 5/25/2019 at 9:27 PM, betoney said:

Its odd that there is such a variance between bikes, 2.5qts fills yours but is just visible on the bottom of the sight glass on mine, It doesn't make sense. 

I have a '15 with original oil pan, do you have a later model or replacement oil pan?  I wonder if the oil pan volume is slightly different?

2016 stock. My first oil change (1000 miles) was 2.8 liters measured with a graduated cylinder and was over the slight glass. The second change was 2.6 (4000 miles) and still over the sight glass. My last change (9000 miles I used exactly 2.4 liters with a Hi-flo filter change and it is spot on in-between the slight glass marks cold. The engine case has a mark of 2400 cm3 underneath the filler cap. You can never completely empty all the oil out of an engine during a change, so I figure the .3 liters from the manual telling us all the 2.7L capacity makes sense. So from now on its 2.4 liters for each change for me. Assuming I continue using the same capacity oil filter.  

• Thumbsup 1

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, koth442 said:

You guys start your bikes after an oil change then check site glass after it cools for a few minutes?

That's my routine. Site glass is full when I'm done. Light will come on if sight glass is like at half full.

• Thumbsup 1

First long ride yesterday of close to 500 miles. Absolutely love the bike(obviously)  All this time was doing only 200ish mile short twisty trips. Never got to appreciate the long distance mettle of bike. 500 miles of twisty / comfortable/ faaaast/ keeping fz10s and Tuonos entertained / and coming home and still have energy to wash and wax :D 

@fjrpittsburgh where u riding through ohio with two other feejer brothers? 

14275455-6D42-4F5D-A066-3F20A7B7D697.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I saw another red FJ yesterday on the Blueridge Parkway near Cherokee. We were going in opposite directions. Which one of you was it? Here we are at the high point. The Cornbread Mafia has gained a couple on new members. 

9B8CBCF1-1D14-4B25-9D14-93A83577CB44.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3

Let’s go Brandon

Swore this morning when I realised there wasn't something wrong with tyre pressure gauge, there wasn't any air in my rear tyre! On centre stand so not obvious.

So S10 40,000 miles 1 puncture, GS 800 before that 40,000 miles no punctures, Tracer GT 1,300 from new, puncture, 3,000 miles later another! This bike is very unreliable 🤣

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, micah2074 said:

I saw another red FJ yesterday on the Blueridge Parkway near Cherokee. We were going in opposite directions. Which one of you was it? Here we are at the high point. The Cornbread Mafia has gained a couple on new members. 

9B8CBCF1-1D14-4B25-9D14-93A83577CB44.jpeg

I love that spot.

IMG_20180606_141950.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
On 5/27/2019 at 9:09 AM, koth442 said:

Yes, always.  I let it run for a minute or two and then let it settle for about 5 minutes before checking sight class and adding more. 

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
On 5/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, 2linby said:

Changed out my stock handlebars for some Rizoma bars. Shorter, more pullback. I'll see how they feel after a week of riding and report back.

Like they say, “Once you go Rizoma, you never roam-a”. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

I bought a Delkovic exhaust for $375.00 and it was sitting on my front steps waiting for me when I got home from camping on Monday. Got home from work tonight at 5:10 and had it installed in about an hour. I had a LeoVince on my Ducati and I really don't see a drop off in quality. I just couldn't resist seeing what this brand is like. It 's a lot lighter, very nicely made, fits perfectly, sounds gnarly, and looks cool. Seeing so many others at around $1000, I figure i can buy almost 3 of this brand. Unless it falls apart which I don't think it will, I'd say give it a try.

New Delkovic.jpg