What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, joeszup said:

Installed a Cogent rear shock!

IMG_20190604_170005.jpg

Oh my! I installed a Cogent rear shock too, but didn't have to remove the swingarm. But hey, it's done! ...and you have an awesome shock!

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, clint said:

Oh my! I installed a Cogent rear shock too, but didn't have to remove the swingarm. But hey, it's done! ...and you have an awesome shock!

The rear bolt was on so tight I couldn't get enough leverage to get it off.  Not a big deal really, added about an hour total to the replacement.  Plus it gave me the chance to clean up the swing arm real good :)

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Today I got new Bridgestone S21's installed F&R.  Ready for a 2500 mile trip to N.California next week.  😎

New S21's.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I spooned on a set of S21’s a month ago and this is a great tire if you like to ride agressively in the twisties. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, 3sum said:

this is a great tire if you like to ride agressively in the twisties. 

Is there any other way??  😎 

Smooth, twisty asphalt, sticky tires and well sorted suspension coupled with this kickin' CP3 motor, life doesn't get much better than that.

• Thumbsup 4

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, joeszup said:

Added a water bottle holder.  With +90F coming this week, I'm going to need it.

IMG_20190608_105535.jpg

IMG_20190608_105521.jpg

IMG_20190608_105525.jpg

IMG_20190608_105532.jpg

Seems like overkill. 😉

20190609_153839.jpg

20190609_153832.jpg

20190609_153819.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Yesterday I ruined my favorite riding boots, destroyed a set of rear brake pads and lost 1/4qt of oil... 

Hmmm yeah, totally effed up thing... For some reason the little rubber seal on the clutch arm link popped up enough to mist out oil 🤔... didn't notice till the oil light popped on and did a quick look and seen that my right foot was looking totally soaked vs the left boot which was totally dry... 

Luckily I was able to push the rubber seal down, add some oil( gas station didn't have MC oil but had plenty of diesel oil(non energy saving kind)...rode 200 miles home with no rear brake 😒( it's really annoying to use the front brake, it's not my preferred choice due to MX background), soaked right boot in oil... When I got home I hit the car wash bays and degreased the bottom half of the bike about 5times... Got home, stole the rear brake pads off my FZ-07 and then I took a flame torch to the rear rotor to get it hot enough to bake off the oil traces left behind... 

Took it out for a brake check and sure enough I can easily trip the ABS as I did before... Now I just gotta go to the Army Surplus store for new riding boots... 

IMG_20190609_182259053.jpg

• Sad 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member

Well, that's a new one...  

Anyone else heard of this? 😕

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

5 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

It's a first for me...never seen this before or heard of it happening on the FJ-09 before... The entire ride home I was pretty convinced a "cir-clip" or snap ring popped out... Sure enough the parts book shows nothing...

4 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

Yes when muppets do not correctly refit the engine breather tube to the air box and it gets kinked over, the engine builds pressure and pops the seal with the least resistance. The Mt/Fj-09 air box to breather hose needs to be correctly clock so it doesn’t kink.

• Thumbsup 4

9 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

Yes when muppets do not correctly refit the engine breather tube to the air box and it gets kinked over, the engine builds pressure and pops the seal with the least resistance. The Mt/Fj-09 air box to breather hose needs to be correctly clock so it doesn’t kink.

You are correct- during winter I took it to the dealership for a brake fluid job and new tires but that didn't happen- long story short the airbox breather hose was kinked after I looked into any further damages/why this happened. No wonder I thought I needed a TB synch when I pulled the bike out from winter hibernation, now it fires up like a charm, like it used to ...

I have ridden the bike about 100miles prior to this happen but never rode as hard as the 200miles I did yesterday...

Edited by norcal616
  • Thumbsup 2

Huh, I learned something interesting this morning. Thanks Nate / NorCal. Also, glad the oil wasn't getting all over back tire NorCal. Would have made things much worse!!

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

37 minutes ago, koth442 said:

Huh, I learned something interesting this morning. Thanks Nate / NorCal. Also, glad the oil wasn't getting all over back tire NorCal. Would have made things much worse!!

And as an unexpected bonus, it lubed my swingarm, dog bone, brake pedal lever and center stand spring 😁...not that it was needed

Edited by norcal616
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1