What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member

I turned the TCS off, and spent some time playing around with adhesion on corner exits...    maybe not the fast way around, but certainly entertaining.  

FA9C45CF-7266-45D1-A9C3-2507F127D039.thumb.jpeg.cd2b2b0ad79a3637f827e4d8a7d70ea2.jpeg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Sad 1

Nice👍

• Thumbsup 1
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I turned the TCS off, and spent some time playing around with adhesion on corner exits...    maybe not the fast way around, but certainly entertaining.  

FA9C45CF-7266-45D1-A9C3-2507F127D039.thumb.jpeg.cd2b2b0ad79a3637f827e4d8a7d70ea2.jpeg

Good to know that TCS actually workie. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

Good to know that TCS actually workie. 

Now that I’m thinking about it, I had a Ducati 969 try to loose me on a local highway exchange and he pulled me through a corner at speeds much higher than I’ve had this bike carving. Trusted the bike and myself and he never dumped me. However, how does the rider know if TCS hits on a high speed corner? I almost want to test it out at slow speeds so I know what it is if I hit it at much higher speeds. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, coachluciano said:

Now that I’m thinking about it, I had a Ducati 969 try to loose me on a local highway exchange and he pulled me through a corner at speeds much higher than I’ve had this bike carving. Trusted the bike and myself and he never dumped me. However, how does the rider know if TCS hits on a high speed corner? I almost want to test it out at slow speeds so I know what it is if I hit it at much higher speeds. 

I honestly don't think the TCS would have impacted anything today other than keeping the corner exit wheelies in check...  It's not like I'm talking about crazy tire-smoking wheel spin.  One of my favorite local roads has a nice flow to it with slow to medium speed turns that open up on exit...  perfect opportunity to spend a lot of on-throttle time while leaned over and digging hard on acceleration.  I was playing around a bit today with less mid-corner speed, but more throttle to toy with the adhesion limits accelerating out.   The TCS might have helped me save a high-side if I had done something really ham-fisted with the throttle, but I wasn't about to test that intentionally. 

When the TCS kicks in to control serious wheel spin, you will instantly recognize it...  Just as it starts to really spin up the rear (like in sand or an oil patch) the motor just lays flat until traction is restored.   You'll feel it instantly, and the TCS lights will flash at you like 'pay attention you dipshit'    My opinion:  The TCS is probably great in low-traction scenarios like rain or dirty roads, but counting on it in serious cornering is a bad idea. 

• Thumbsup 3

4 hours ago, texscottyd said:

My opinion:  The TCS is probably great in low-traction scenarios like rain or dirty roads, but counting on it in serious cornering is a bad idea

I agree with this too...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

We have the shittiest roads imaginable here in Malta so i regularly have the TCS kick in around 100kph. Really shuts down the bike. The roads are so bad sometimes you put your foot down when stopped and you feel it sliding away from underneath you.

Edited by bugie
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Confused 1

To me when TCS kicks in on a straight(ish) line it feels like you ran over a strip of wet freshly painted line... When kinda leaned over ( stock suspension/stock tires in my case) it feels like you hit the "feedback warning" zone on the far edge before you go to far on your rear tire but your still a good inch from the edge of tire... It kinda annoys me a tiny tiny bit ( I'm riding the electronics not the old mechanical feeling of a bike) but experience tells me keep steady throttle and gently ride it out... 

I have had TCS kick in drag racing when using the launch Control, the front end comes up too high and the power( RPMs are 8k+) cuts in/out like a pretty fancy anti-turbo lag system it feels like...

Edited by norcal616
  • Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

7 hours ago, koth442 said:

@com3, ever triggered your TCS at speed?

Honestly, I turn tcs off every single time I start the bike. The few times I've actually had it on (two up at the track in the rain), it feels very rudimentary when it kicks in. There's definitely a delay. It's not refined like bazzaz units or whatever on race bikes that I ride all the time. 

Also, in slow speed nasty conditions (lots of water on the ground or dirt or ice), the tcs is actually detrimental. I almost pitched it away while two up when a flash flood of 6 inch deep water/hail came down hwy 4 over the Sierra Nevada while doing 15mph around a steep uphill hair pin.  Tcs caused the motor to stall completely. I had to put both feet down, front tire locked, and slid backwards about 15ft to the edge of the road by the cliff before I got it stopped. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Sad 2

@fddriver2, @Buggy Nate, @koth442

I do recall some odd behavior I now chalk it up to the kinked breather hose...

* Didn't fire up as nicely before when cold, but when hot it fired up pretty close to before

* Didn't hear the "airbox whine" but really noticed after unkinking the breather hose

* Idle(when warmed up) felt like the bike had a little extra "thump" in it's thump

*Heavier engine vibrations on clutch side- could have put my foot to sleep in time . 

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

On 6/11/2019 at 4:32 AM, duhs10 said:

My opinion:  The TCS is probably great in low-traction scenarios like rain or dirty roads, but counting on it in serious cornering is a bad idea

I agree with this too...

I must agree also, 

Edited by foxtrot722
  • Thumbsup 1

1970 DT-250 / 1972 250MX / 1973 360MX / 1974 250MX & 1974 CZ 400 Red Frame & SC 500 / 1978 YZ 250 / 1979  YZ250 / (2) 1980 YZ 250 / 1986 YZ 490 / 1989 YZ250 WR / 1994 YZ 250 / (2) 2002 YZ 426 / 2007 YZ 450 / 2007 DR 650, 2015 FJ 09 / 2020 YZ 250

• Premium Member

Had my dealer do some work at a little over 26000 miles. Valve adjustment, throttle body synch, spark plugs, air filter and clutch cable.

Intake were good, exhaust were tight. Runs great.

• Thumbsup 2

On 5/31/2019 at 7:27 PM, Dark&Stormy said:

I added a CosmoMoto Accessories light bar, Custom Dynamics licence plate bolt LEDs that activate with the brakes, and rolled the odo to 40000kmslarge.20190503_210453.jpg.f12004b379f9fff01adee589e0d784c3.jpglarge.20190503_210315.jpg.f19db5c1798328881c57b9461805c2b4.jpglarge.20190529_105008.jpg.413827b8a6a109e8c088947e5d3b38db.jpglarge.20190530_181703.jpg.f473e586c68c9c00a0766eccc1a2bcd3.jpg

im a bit of a wiring noob... looking to connect a rear light bar to the indicators & brake lights... could you share how you wired yours?