What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

4 hours ago, urbannomad said:

im a bit of a wiring noob... looking to connect a rear light bar to the indicators & brake lights... could you share how you wired yours?

Hi,

I'm a noob too when we're talking about wiring... But I installed the genuine LED indicators myself with help of this video. The genuine LED indicators also uses driving lights and the brake light. I think you can use the same wires for your light...

Edited by Rogier
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Had 5.8 beers last night and then realized I have 2 complete Yoshimura R77 exhaust systems. Not sure if you are aware but the R77 for the FZ and the FJ are actually different even though they share the same frame and engine. Big difference is the FJ R77 has a “welded” baffle, FZ has a screw.  Anyways proceeded to the wood shop and successfully drilled out the pin. “Happy Fathers Day”. Not a huge change, but adds the low and louder growl to what was already a sweet soundIng exhaust. And screens at 12.5krpms. 

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Just finished installing the r&g radiator guard. I thought it will be 90 minutes job but it took me two days😂

the radiator guard is not optimized for the fj. I had to do my modifications to get the side holders for the fairings installed. it wasn't a hard job but it looks easier than what it was. 

Just wanted to give a heads-up that you will need drilling on both sides if you want to install this model on the FJ. 

Let me know if you think it was worth it 

1560719849959-1.JPEG

1560719849458-1.JPEG

1560719849893-1.JPEG

1560719849389-1.JPEG

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 6:35 AM, Rogier said:

Hi,

I'm a noob too when we're talking about wiring... But I installed the genuine LED indicators myself with help of this video. The genuine LED indicators also uses driving lights and the brake light. I think you can use the same wires for your light...

This was useful. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, texscottyd said:

I turned the TCS off, and spent some time playing around with adhesion on corner exits...    maybe not the fast way around, but certainly entertaining.  

FA9C45CF-7266-45D1-A9C3-2507F127D039.thumb.jpeg.cd2b2b0ad79a3637f827e4d8a7d70ea2.jpeg

That looks like my tire did with TC on... 

• Thumbsup 2

On 5/14/2019 at 5:02 AM, dedsxy47 said:

I finally have time to give the bike the attention it needs.  The windshield and instrument cluster had begun to shake late last year and I feared the support bracket was cracked; I was right.  I knew the taller touring V-Stream would put some stress on the stock bracket as I regularly travel at 80mph + rain or shine.  Going for the re-weld option as a neighbor is a fellow biker and professional welder.  Tires were also shot but I managed to get 13K miles out of the front to two rears last season on RS IIs.  The rear was cooked due mostly to commuting, unfortunately.    I opted for a set of RS III as I have done very well on RS II in all weather and road conditions where I ride up here in MN.  

I will follow up with a posting of everything put back the way it should be and pics of the tire wear if anyone is interested.  I doubt anyone will be fitting RS IIs as they are no longer being produced.  

The fairing bracket made it 16K miles with the tall touring windshield before corrosion at the weld and fatigue/cyclic stress caused its demise. 

instrument bracket.jpg

Just noticed this. Interesting. From where I've seen many installing accessories this may be an area to monitor. My screen is large (Puig) but not very rigid. Was actually a bit relieved to see it flex at higher speeds given how Yamaha put the front end together. 

It's hard to believe but I'm at the point of there not really being much I can do. I did heated grips, K-Tech front and rear, Puig screen, exhaust and a bunch of little things. What else is there?

3 hours ago, chesterburnet said:

It's hard to believe but I'm at the point of there not really being much I can do. I did heated grips, K-Tech front and rear, Puig screen, exhaust and a bunch of little things. What else is there?

Bigger front brake rotors, brake and clutch levers, adjust APS readings if you are an early model FJ.

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

20 hours ago, BBB said:

Bigger front brake rotors, brake and clutch levers, adjust APS readings if you are an early model FJ.

The stock rotors work good and i never felt the levers were inadequate. Mine is a '17.

• Premium Member

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:54 PM, chesterburnet said:

Isn't being happy and satisfied with your motorcycle the ultimate goal we all chase with new shiny bits?  All that's left is maintenance and enjoying the ride.

Unfortunately, I visited the stoltec moto, vcyclenut and 2wheelDynoworks websites last night and now my bank account is in fear of all the new ideas lurking beneath the proverbial bed.  There are some surprisingly affordable options available.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Did a 250 mile ride to scrub in my new set of Mich Road 5s.

Played with pressures a  bit and ended up running 38 / 36.  Hope that's a good compromise for ware and grip.

Tires felt good when I pushed them and a treat to have totally oval tires again.

cb

• Thumbsup 3
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member

After 4 years, the throttle cable connection from my Rostra Cruise Control broke.  Had to tear the bike down to the throttle bodies to find it.  Since I was already that far into it, I fabbed up a new part to connect to throttle that wouldn't require the Rostra cable to make any sharp bends.  Wish I had come up with this solution 4 years ago.

IMG_3306.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Discovered a slight, yet puzzling head shake at 132MPH. Puzzling because there are so many possible culprits. All discussed to nausea on this forum. I’ve even started a few threads. I’ve got this bike so dialed I’m not say I’m overly concerned especially given the speed. Just would rather do without. Too many other things to concentrate at that speed. Like “What the heck am I going to have for dinner tonight”. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
On 6/15/2019 at 1:04 PM, coachluciano said:

Had 5.8 beers last night and then realized I have 2 complete Yoshimura R77 exhaust systems.

Nice!!  I'll have to drink more beer and see what I can find lurking in the garage.  😎

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Installed a Blaster-X tail light assembly last weekend. What a difference and worth every penny. Very bright and lit all the way across verses the two little triangles being lit. The braking strobe effect really gets your attention. I didn't hook up the integrated signal lights because I actually like the Yamaha pumpkin lights. I bought the optional control switch but so far have only used default mode. Took about 10 minutes to install just because of the switch. The light was less than a minute to install including removing the old one. I'd post a pic but there are great videos like this one.

• Thumbsup 4