What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

New battery...stock lasted almost 4yrs here in Michigan... Never put on battery tender... Finally died (wouldn't hold a charge or provide enough oomph to turn over)... Had to jump start the bike last night to get home...tried to bump start but the parking lot surface was not working in my favor...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I changed out the factory front turn signals with some smaller, brighter European Yamaha turn signals. I’m loving them, they come with white running lights on the bottom half and really increase the visibility of my bike from the front. I have not tried them out at night yet. 

They take a little work to install, make sure the arrow is pointed up, and the left and right sides are specific. They are not plug and play, take your time making quality connections. 

GENUINE YAMAHA TRACER 900 LED INDICATORS / FLASHERS PLUS - 2015...
Total: GBP 117.56
Item ID: 382526132477
Seller: padgetts-online(11,892)

86C5FD87-23A6-4E17-A623-1E4BFB1CAF45.jpeg

B0A69A26-128A-4874-875F-76BCB1D6900C.jpeg

BC70CB09-BFB7-4F3B-AB4A-21CC7B7A8AE2.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2

@duhs10I agree I, would think they would have been plug and play. I had to add resisters, and maybe it’s just because they are European.

Initially I asked the local Yamaha Dealership (where I bought my Tracer) if they could confirm if the turn signals would be compatible, and order some for me. They said they could not find them and could not be sure if they’d work....even with the part number. So, I guess it’s just a difference in the country. 

As a side note, Yamaha (European) has some rear turn signals also, but I read (I think in this forum somewhere) that they hit the panniers slightly once installed. I won’t be getting those. 

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, I’m GPS said:

I had to add resisters, and maybe it’s just because they are European.

Why did you have to add the resistors?  To slow down the flash rate?

BTW, love the look of those signals.

@builderbob Yes the resisters are to slow down the flash rate. They do come with all the parts you need so I did not have to buy anything additional to install them. Thanks, I am happy with the end result.

Edited by I’m GPS
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I put an R&G tail tidy for a  2019 Tracer GT on my 2015 FJ-09. 

It fits with absolutely zero issues. I have the Yamaha led turn signals. And the hard side cases fit. The original pumpkin turn signals will not fit with the side cases.

20190822_164441.jpg

20190822_164157.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA