What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, new1709rider said:

Not what I did, but what I'm going to do.  Finally going to replace that big ugly box of an exhaust that hangs underneath the bike with this.

20190823_141155.jpg

Looks good.  Make sure to get the correct fuel map in your ECU flash, it makes a noticeable difference in how the bike runs.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Installed a Moto Dynamic  Fender Eliminator Kit for 2015-2017 Yamaha FJ-09 & 2019+ Tracer 900 (GT),

And for the tail light:

CL-YT3W-1-SPLIT_compact_cropped.jpg?v=1546571972 Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Y-Splitter Connectors, 3-Wire (pair) × 1
ELFR-1-LED-Relay-1_compact_cropped.jpg?v=1558405919 ELFR-1 Electronic LED Flasher Relay with OEM Connector × 1
BLASTER-X-TOGGLE-L_compact_cropped.jpg?v=1538234375 Blaster-X Control Switch × 1
FZ-09-tail-light-1_578bc5b8-7bd4-43d7-90f5-a4e0f2b55c07_compact_cropped.jpg?v=1558405521 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT Blaster-X Integrated LED Tail Light × 1

And my favorite addition has to be the happy face license plate bolts.

Have a good weekend everyone!

62225C9D-BE46-4A44-9F33-6E8119F7ABA5.jpeg

C8D348B6-656E-4334-8951-500F1288F006.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

Not what I did today, but this week. Made a 1,700 miles round trip to Seattle (was going on a road trip anyway) to have my ECU custom tuned/updated by 2 Wheel Dynoworks for addition of my exhaust and using non-ethanol 91octane. Bike is running fantastic. Can't believe how big of a difference getting bike tuned made for the addition of Comp Werkes slip-on. 108hp at rear wheel with dual sport tire, which would translate to about 113hp with stock or street rear tire. So a 10hp gain from stock at rear wheel with tune and exhaust is not bad. That said, I was more concerned with bike running properly, and as mentioned it is running great. Highly recommend those guys for both the mail in service, or custom tune if can make it there. I asked about a thousand questions by email and phone, which they quickly and patiently answered. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Installing a Wireless Tire Monitoring System from Amazon. I really like the ability in my truck to know at all times what my tire pressure is, so I found these on amazon and will be installing them today. Not sure if anyone else has used anything similar, but will give my review after a week or two of using them.

https://www.amazon.com/Monitoring-monitoring-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Two-Wheeled/dp/B076KKYDRQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=tpms+tire+pressure+monitor+system+motorcycle&qid=1566670344&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExR1hDWlNEVkozM01RJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzM1MjM1MzM1TkoyQ0ZKN1VCNiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTA4MDEyMzBEQzk1TUU2M00wSSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 11.08.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 11.09.12 AM.png

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

I apologized to it for being an absentee parent the last few weeks.   Crazy work & travel schedules plus assorted home & family commitments have left the trusty FJ neglected in a dusty corner of the shop...  I feel bad every time I walk past it.  

Next weekend I should be able to make it back out on the road to get reacquainted with the CP3.  

Got the new Delkevic exhaust installed. Opted for the 14" can because I didn't want it to be obnoxiously loud. Even spent another $30 for the longer silencer tube because I wanted to make sure it wouldn't be a screamer. However I put it on with the shorter tube that it comes with and to me it doesn't sound a whole lot louder than the stock exhaust. It has a bit deeper rumble, a little bit less raspy than stock and you can hear the engine a bit more at speed. I'm not going to use the longer tube unless I feel like modifying it to play with the sound some.

20190825_102220.jpg

• Thumbsup 8

@I’m GPS

The rears work as well and do not hit the cases. The rears have the blinker, red running light and the red become darker when you apply the brake.  On the GT you do need to tap into both the brake wire and red running light / park light to get the matching rears to work full function.

I followed some advice on this site and used a new plug and play flasher that negates the use of the resistors and the same manufacturer has small adapter wiring harnesses so you do not need to chop the OEM harness.

Relay:

Fix your bike's hyperflash or no flash problem with an easy to install, direct...

Harness:

Don't cut any wires! Use TST Industries Yamaha Wire Harness Converter...

Vince

• Thumbsup 1

On 8/24/2019 at 7:13 PM, racreative said:

Installing a Wireless Tire Monitoring System from Amazon. I really like the ability in my truck to know at all times what my tire pressure is, so I found these on amazon and will be installing them today. Not sure if anyone else has used anything similar, but will give my review after a week or two of using them.

https://www.amazon.com/Monitoring-monitoring-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Two-Wheeled/dp/B076KKYDRQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=tpms+tire+pressure+monitor+system+motorcycle&qid=1566670344&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExR1hDWlNEVkozM01RJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzM1MjM1MzM1TkoyQ0ZKN1VCNiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTA4MDEyMzBEQzk1TUU2M00wSSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 11.08.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 11.09.12 AM.png

That looks like a great bit of kit. Does it simply work from valve cap ?  Good to know if pressures are dropping,  early puncture warning.  

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

That looks like a great bit of kit. Does it simply work from valve cap ?  Good to know if pressures are dropping,  early puncture warning.  

Yes. very simple installation and it wirelessly communicates with the digital monitor. Gives real time tire pressure and temperature. So far so good. Works very well. You can set alarms at specific pressures too. I have not yet gotten that deep into the programming, I am just happy knowing the pressure without having to manually check before each ride. 

• Thumbsup 1

9 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Among all the electronological overkill of my recent and now-departed BMW boxer twins, the most useful and reassuring item was the OE TPMS, which was internally installed in each tyre.   I could see this piece of kit being worth every cent, especially for those who travel long touring distances.   I would very much appreciate an update after you've had it in use for some time, DK.   Thanks for the heads-up.

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Among all the electronological overkill of my recent and now-departed BMW boxer twins, the most useful and reassuring item was the OE TPMS, which was internally installed in each tyre.   I could see this piece of kit being worth every cent, especially for those who travel long touring distances.   I would very much appreciate an update after you've had it in use for some time, DK.   Thanks for the heads-up.

I've been using a similar unit for over 6 months now. Works very well, accurate (confirmed with a reliable meter) and I had no issues with it getting loose or leaking air. I have it both on a straight and 90 degree stem.

The only annoyance is that the alarm cannot be silenced or be set to a lower value than 32psi IIRC

Thanks for that, sterling.   Can the display be set to show pressures only once (say on starting the bike) rather than being on show all the time?   With a not-dissimilar warning/ advice display - of battery voltage - I find that I only need a quick glance at it once, then peace settles on me.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I would imagine it is a constant display indicating current pressure, so when cold it should show your set pressure and increase as tyres warm, say +5 . But the beauty of them is if pressure drops below set pressure, as per book maybe, you will get warning indicating loss of pressure and maybe puncture. That would be the only reason I would get one.

• Thumbsup 1