What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

11 hours ago, new1709rider said:

Well, I got my bike put back together this evening after getting my ECU back from 2WDW's yesterday.  While I had it torn down that far I went ahead and did a throttle body sync for the first time. The bike has a little over 13,000 miles on it and the synchronization looked very close, I would say it was fine as it was. However since I was hooked up I went ahead and tweaked a bit. 

As far as the flash goes I think it feels pretty good and it doesn't stop pulling at 114 mph now. But since it's been down for a week it's hard to say how much better it feels because just getting on it again like it was would feel great!

I had recently installed a complete Delkevic exhaust and on deceleration it would do a little popping and burbling which I didn't really mind. Now however after the flash it does some pretty loud backfiring. Is this normal or is the flash not quite right? Is there something I can do to stop it from backfiring? 

Also the check engine light has come on.

No, that's not right. Sadly, you'll have to send it back for them to correct the error. Maybe they forgot you had a Delkevic full system and installed a normal map?

'15 FJ09

1 hour ago, koth442 said:

Now however after the flash it does some pretty loud backfiring. Is this normal or is the flash not quite right? Is there something I can do to stop it from backfiring?

Did you choose to disable the AIS system? Might need some blocking plates.

If it's truly backfiring that usually indicates there is a decent amount of unburnt fuel getting into the exhaust. So may be running too rich.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

1 minute ago, new1709rider said:

I did let them know I had the Delkevic exhaust on and I assume they disabled the AIS because that was on their list of things their flash does and I didn't tell them not to. Doesn't disabling the AIS electronically mean you don't need to use block off plates? 

Yes. But you can still install them so that the cyl head cover is blocked, and that way you can also remove the hoses and solenoid valve.

-Skip

• Premium Member

Yikes. Stay safe amigo.

• Thanks 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member

Last night I took the FJ apart and returned it to stock trim.  Today I took it to the shop and got an upgraded exhaust, ecu and suspension.

So the FJ-09 went into the shop, and this is what came back out...

u5yGt4z.thumb.jpg.51c3da1ff65543c51a9945eb5ea1f1c3.jpg

The past few years have been awesome and this has been the best motorcycle owners forum I've been a part of.  Thank you all and thank you mods 😃

So after chasing the 2015 FJ-09 for years, trying to turn it into something it's not with rear-sets, bar lowering, etc...  The wife gave me a birthday present in the form of permission to put what I had been saving for suspension and exhaust + trade-in for a 2015 S1000RR with only 1200 miles.  I now have cruise control!  

Oh, and contrary to popular belief...  The signals on BMW vehicles DO work and function!

***Shhhhh....  I'll still be lurking...

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 4

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, superfist said:

...So the FJ-09 went into the shop, and this is what came back out...

Beautiful bike... congrats and enjoy... and come back with ownership/riding impressions.

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

1 hour ago, superfist said:

Last night I took the FJ apart and returned it to stock trim.  Today I took it to the shop and got an upgraded exhaust, ecu and suspension.

So the FJ-09 went into the shop, and this is what came back out...

The past few years have been awesome and this has been the best motorcycle owners forum I've been a part of.  Thank you all and thank you mods 😃

So after chasing the 2015 FJ-09 for years, trying to turn it into something it's not with rear-sets, bar lowering, etc...  The wife gave me a birthday present in the form of permission to put what I had been saving for suspension and exhaust + trade-in for a 2015 S1000RR with only 1200 miles.  I now have cruise control!  

Oh, and contrary to popular belief...  The signals on BMW vehicles DO work and function!

***Shhhhh....  I'll still be lurking...

Wow... that's a bit of a change. Nice bike!

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, betoney said:

Damn, Scott, that is a LOT of rain.   I hope you make it through unscathed. 

All good at our house, thankfully.  Maybe this is just another cosmic hint that I need to move to the mountains?