What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

All good at our house, thankfully.  Maybe this is just another cosmic hint that I need to move to the mountains?  

The only thing better than riding in the twisties...  is riding in the twisties with lots of elevation changes!!  😎

• Thumbsup 4

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

7 hours ago, texscottyd said:

All good at our house, thankfully.  Maybe this is just another cosmic hint that I need to move to the mountains?  

Come visit me in East Tennessee. You'll fall in love with the area quick enough :)

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, betoney said:

@superfist - Congratulations, beautiful bike!

I cant figure it out, every time I take my bike to the shop, I get the same old bike back...???

Yer doin' it wrong. LOL 😜

• Haha 2
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

12 hours ago, koth442 said:

Come visit me in East Tennessee. You'll fall in love with the area quick enough :)

Been vacationing in the area for several years. Made the move a couple of months ago. Lovin' it!

Picked up a new GT a couple of weeks ago. Added a V Stream Sport/Tour windscreen and Garmin GPS. This thing is awesome.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

You have a great new bike @superfist - I had a 14 S1000rr that I loved. I traded it in for the 900GT, after having 12 plates put in my neck.  I could no longer ride and enjoy her in the way she needs to be ridden. For sure the one of the saddest day in my life. ENJOY!

• Thanks 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

You have a great new bike @superfist - I had a 14 S1000rr that I loved. I traded it in for the 900GT, after having 12 plates put in my neck.  I could no longer ride and enjoy her in the way she needs to be ridden. For sure the one of the saddest day in my life. ENJOY!

@roadrash83 - I'm sorry you had to let go of a motorcycle you loved, but I'm glad you're still able to enjoy riding!

It's absolutely amazing.  I can really appreciate the stock smooth linear throttle and fueling.  It's an easy bike to ride in a sedate street friendly manner, but... boy does it go from zero to bat-shit crazy in a heartbeat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, superfist said:

@roadrash83 - I'm sorry you had to let go of a motorcycle you loved, but I'm glad you're still able to enjoy riding!

It's absolutely amazing.  I can really appreciate the stock smooth linear throttle and fueling.  It's an easy bike to ride in a sedate street friendly manner, but... boy does it go from zero to bat-shit crazy in a heartbeat!

So we're doing RA next season?

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

'15 FJ09

Got the bike cleaned up and ready for my Gatlinburg trip and surrounding areas next week. 

Plan to do the Cherohala Skyway,  Tail of the Dragon,  Cades Cove and  some other fun roads.

Planning on taking a  scenic route up there that will have me in the saddle for 7 to  8 hours. Be interesting to see how I hold up to that. The longest I've ridden it since I got it is only about an hour at a time. One year and 13,300 miles and nearly all of it has been commuting to work and back.

Going to have some soft saddle bags and a waterproof duffel bag that should give me a backrest. 

20190921_151044.thumb.jpg.0ce1832d9b44d3b7cc78f2673e2ed732.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member

Dave Moss was at Cycle Gear in Sacramento last Saturday. Had him tune my suspension. I have a Nitron shock and stock forks. The shock was set up pretty close. He adjusted the rebound. Front end needs help. He adjusted preload and rebound. Said take it for a ride and come back. 

Came back and he made a few adjustments. Went for a ride and came back. Had him adjust back to the first settings he did. Well worth $40.00.

So now I'm ready to do something with the front end. Not sure which way to go. Looking for a little more forgiveness on surface streets with same handling I have now on the twisties.

Oh, and he said he rides a Tracer!!

Edited by fr8dog
  • Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, new1709rider said:

Got the bike cleaned up and ready for my Gatlinburg trip and surrounding areas next week. 

Plan to do the Cherohala Skyway,  Tail of the Dragon,  Cades Cove and  some other fun roads.

Planning on taking a  scenic route up there that will have me in the saddle for 7 to  8 hours. Be interesting to see how I hold up to that. The longest I've ridden it since I got it is only about an hour at a time. One year and 13,300 miles and nearly all of it has been commuting to work and back.

Going to have some soft saddle bags and a waterproof duffel bag that should give me a backrest. 

Great area for riding, you'll have a good time down there.

Friendly bit of advice, get to Cades Cove EARLY in the day, I mean as early as you can stand. That place gets slam packed during the day and turns into a major traffic jam that will dampen your mood significantly. 

Also, I prefer to avoid Gatlinburg  completely. It's like Myrtle Beach in the mountains. Endless traffic, crowded and everywhere downtown is pay-to-park which annoys me to no end. Tellico Plains is more my speed, LOL.

• Thumbsup 3
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, koth442 said:

Do it!! If I remember I'll give you a good heads up.

Is there a specific track day group you typically ride with?   I might start looking into schedules & options.

i haven't ridden Road Atlanta since the old ‘gravity cavity’ configuration days, and - embarrassed to admit - I’ve never been on the track at Barber.   I need to remedy that soon... 

• Thumbsup 1