What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, motopumps said:

...Coincidentally, I have finished design work on a bar riser for the FJ-09 / Tracer GT that I am producing here in Upstate NY...

Look very nice. What is the rise and offset on these.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

SIDE-STAND FOOT ENLARGER PLATE 

I installed this item today, from <mini-motor 3025>, costing AUD$21, USD$12, and delivered a mere eight (8) days after ordering.   It is one of the best-engineered pieces of kit I have seen (and I've seen plenty!), and it's a pity in a way that it is to be located out-of-sight 'down there'.   The base is a chunky 10mm in thickness, which means that the bike will stand a fraction more upright when on the side-stand - that will suit me.   

Functionally, it is very well done.   I have seen similar items held onto the side-stand foot by the heads of three screws, highly dodgy I'd think.   This version has two u-shaped plates that are fastened by no less than eight (8) hex-head screws, which I secured with some blue Loctite.   A measure of the quality is the fact that the item was packed in a moulded acetate case with some protective foam inside: many other bits I have bought costing far more than this have obviously been thrown into the mailing box or envelope by an ill-trained gorilla.

Very highly recommended.

P1050946.JPG

P1050947.JPG

P1050951.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

15 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

SIDE-STAND FOOT ENLARGER PLATE 

I installed this item today, from <mini-motor 3025>, costing AUD$21, USD$12, and delivered a mere eight (8) days after ordering.   It is one of the best-engineered pieces of kit I have seen (and I've seen plenty!), and it's a pity in a way that it is to be located out-of-sight 'down there'.   The base is a chunky 10mm in thickness, which means that the bike will stand a fraction more upright when on the side-stand - that will suit me.   

Functionally, it is very well done.   I have seen similar items held onto the side-stand foot by the heads of three screws, highly dodgy I'd think.   This version has two u-shaped plates that are fastened by no less than eight (8) hex-head screws, which I secured with some blue Loctite.   A measure of the quality is the fact that the item was packed in a moulded acetate case with some protective foam inside: many other bits I have bought costing far more than this have obviously been thrown into the mailing box or envelope by an ill-trained gorilla.

Very highly recommended.

P1050946.JPG

P1050947.JPG

P1050951.JPG

That looks very nice! Any link to where we can buy this?

1 hour ago, Michiel900GT said:

That looks very nice! Any link to where we can buy this?

Sorry, michiel, I didn't keep the link, but the E Bay motorcycle parts and accessories vendor is <mini-motor 3025>.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

Soooo, been riding my 2015 (new last fall) on the original tires 7800 miles.  I'm curious the improvement when I get these mounted Friday :).  I educated myself over the weekend on all things motorcycle tires and believe I'm Lucky (which is my nickname) to be alive riding the way i have been on that rear tire.  Noticed some interesting wear a few weeks ago that got me thinking.  I was hoping to make till the snow before the purchase.  Glad I didn't.  Thanks Scott for always pointing me in the right direction.

Tires.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

The new tyre looks like the Michelin Road 5 - is it, and if so any comments please?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

The new tyre looks like the Michelin Road 5 - is it, and if so any comments please?

Yes. I’m apparently not smart enough to make intelligent comments on tires. Lol. But Texas Scotty I’m sure has a dissertation on these and all things Michelin.  I will report back with my feedback. They look sweet. Even the pattern on the inside is nothing I have ever seen. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
17 minutes ago, rodb47 said:

Installed some Shinko 705s. Live on a dirt road and need a little extra traction. I'll review them if anyone is interested.

Yes please. 🤓

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, rodb47 said:

Installed some Shinko 705s. Live on a dirt road and need a little extra traction. I'll review them if anyone is interested. 

20191006_205557.jpg

Dam. What roads you riding. Lol. Amazes me the multi-use this FJ offers. Nice

• Supporting Member
54 minutes ago, rodb47 said:

20191006_205557.jpg

I have the 705s on my KLR and i'm very happy with them. But the KLR is horsepower challenged, Hope they don't vaporize on the back of your FJ09.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

3 hours ago, coachluciano said:

Dam. What roads you riding. Lol. Amazes me the multi-use this FJ offers. Nice

I live on a 1 1/2 mile long dirt and gravel road. Tired of driving less than 10mph.

Edited by rodb47
  • Thumbsup 1