• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Oooh are those the givi crashbars?

Edit: the sw-motech ones, they're the ones that wrap in front of the rad, where the givi ones are a loop and extend much further down, but don't extend so far forward.

Edited by Wintersdark

Sw motech, led plus, puig sport screen 😎

13 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

Well, the Dutch chapter of this forum had a small member meeting😃

Soullancer and I met to try out each other's windscreens. My Vstream Touring and Soullancer's Puig sport. And I loved Soullancer's crashbars and lights!

Hehe, small start..! Let's see how big it gets in the future and have a tour as well.

Was strange to notice that probably (I guess) my hjc rpha 90 helmet reacts very strange to windscreens, compared to the shoei helmet of michiel... 

Edited by Soullancer

Order some Gilles rear axle nuts for both of my bikes.... 😁

No more stupid "tangs" inside the nut, whoever thought of this should be relocated to the last lvl of Satan domain forever fixing stripped axles due to the nut he/she created... 

Edit: this is a group buy on the MT-07 forum... Yes the MT-07 and Tracer900 share the same axle nuts and hand controls... Sadly the foot controls and chain adjustment are totally different between the bikes... just spreading the good news... 

Screenshot_20191025-003714.png

Edited by norcal616
  • Thumbsup 2
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member

Added a sidestand plate, a Chinese Ebay special. Paid $11 for it and it works, albeit I’ll have to shave about 1/8” off the back side since when the centerstand is retracted it touches and runs slightly. 

DFF6AC47-68C0-4D59-A346-ADF0F64B7ADD.jpeg

169FA3BA-665C-4B6D-94E7-3F5AA6F516F4.jpeg

CBD6891B-5E92-4800-8130-94F07CC8E5CB.jpeg

2CA89FC2-F3A9-4059-8DE9-88243B21AC06.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

I installed exactly that one yesterday. Looks great!

But it does touch the center stand indeed. I didn't have the bike of the center stand yet, but after your posting I checked and it is pretty annoying that it is just a bit too big.

Edited by Michiel900GT
Added text.
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
45 minutes ago, Michiel900GT said:

I installed exactly that one yesterday. Looks great! But it does touch the center stand indeed. I didn't have the bike of the center stand yet, but after your posting I checked and it is pretty annoying that it is just a bit too big.

Three years on the bike. I did have to do some grinding to make it clear the centre stand (extent shown in photo). I embedded the OE foot in silicone to help keep vibrations in check, and applied blue thread locker to all bolts. Have not had to adjust or tighten anything... pretty solid.

20191026_130157.thumb.jpg.688de5a1c23de308df460cf34a679cc0.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member

A few hours tinkering in the shop...  oil & filter, chain lube & adjust, tire pressures, etc.    Going to log some miles tomorrow.  

In related news, the wife & kids have been put on notice that I’m reclaiming my workshop, and the overflow storage accumulation from the main house has to go elsewhere.  

57AA68D4-4C0B-45B3-9DF9-5166ABC11A69.thumb.jpeg.e7f2e266a90fef066075eec6b18958dc.jpeg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member
37 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

A few hours tinkering in the shop...  oil & filter, chain lube & adjust, tire pressures, etc.    Going to log some miles tomorrow.  

In related news, the wife & kids have been put on notice that I’m reclaiming my workshop, and the overflow storage accumulation from the main house has to go elsewhere.  

57AA68D4-4C0B-45B3-9DF9-5166ABC11A69.thumb.jpeg.e7f2e266a90fef066075eec6b18958dc.jpeg

Very nice!  That is how a shop should look.  👍

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, betoney said:

Very nice!  That is how a shop should look.  👍

Thanks.   It needs a thorough de-cluttering right now, but overall I’m really happy with this setup.   

I was fortunate enough to be able to add this detached 25’ x 30’ garage when we built the house.  There’s also an attached 3-car garage where my wife’s car, my truck, and the ‘daily use’ motorcycles stay, so this shop is strictly a toy box for motorcycles, woodworking, and the occasional project car.   

Whether it’s quiet alone time, or having a few friends over for wrenching & benchracing, I really like having the dedicated space.  

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

I finally got of my butt and had the suspension set up on my GT. I have been using Washington Cycle Works in NJ ( they specialize in race and track-day bike suspension work) for quite a few of my bikes and I'm a big fan of their work. I knew the stock set up was off but I didn't realize how far off it was. The one hour ride home turned into three and half hours on everything from twisty's to rough back roads. I'm more than happy for now with the suspension and can't wait to put on the PR5's sitting in my garage.   

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

He who dies with the most toys wins.

5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Thanks.   It needs a thorough de-cluttering right now, but overall I’m really happy with this setup.   

I was fortunate enough to be able to add this detached 25’ x 30’ garage when we built the house.  There’s also an attached 3-car garage where my wife’s car, my truck, and the ‘daily use’ motorcycles stay, so this shop is strictly a toy box for motorcycles, woodworking, and the occasional project car.   

Whether it’s quiet alone time, or having a few friends over for wrenching & benchracing, I really like having the dedicated space.  

That's the exact setup I'd like to have someday. Right now I'm stuck with a 2 car garage and no space to expand it.. Oh well. Next house.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

5 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

I finally got of my butt and had the suspension set up on my GT. I have been using Washington Cycle Works in NJ ( they specialize in race and track-day bike suspension work) for quite a few of my bikes and I'm a big fan of their work. I knew the stock set up was off but I didn't realize how far off it was. The one hour ride home turned into three and half hours on everything from twisty's to rough back roads. I'm more than happy for now with the suspension and can't wait to put on the PR5's sitting in my garage.   

I just picked up a Tracer,  and have heard good things about WCW. What work did he do for you? I’d like to have them sort mine out as well. Thanks for the advice. 
have fun on the new tires and suspenders!
Pete

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
52 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I just picked up a Tracer,  and have heard good things about WCW. What work did he do for you? I’d like to have them sort mine out as well. Thanks for the advice. 
have fun on the new tires and suspenders!
Pete

They just set the sag, compression and rebound for my weight and riding style. Then I took the bike for a test ride, they got it spot on the first time. Real nice people and it only cost $60.00.  

Edited by roadrash83
  • Thumbsup 2

He who dies with the most toys wins.