What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 10/26/2019 at 5:01 PM, 3sum said:

Added a sidestand plate, a Chinese Ebay special. Paid $11 for it and it works, albeit I’ll have to shave about 1/8” off the back side since when the centerstand is retracted it touches and runs slightly. 

DFF6AC47-68C0-4D59-A346-ADF0F64B7ADD.jpeg

169FA3BA-665C-4B6D-94E7-3F5AA6F516F4.jpeg

CBD6891B-5E92-4800-8130-94F07CC8E5CB.jpeg

2CA89FC2-F3A9-4059-8DE9-88243B21AC06.jpeg

I got a refund from the eBay seller yesterday. I showed him pictures and he will hopefully change the compatibility overview on his eBay listing.

Too bad it doesn't fit without sanding.

• Thumbsup 1

On 10/24/2019 at 6:48 PM, norcal616 said:

Order some Gilles rear axle nuts for both of my bikes.... 😁

No more stupid "tangs" inside the nut, whoever thought of this should be relocated to the last lvl of Satan domain forever fixing stripped axles due to the nut he/she created... 

Edit: this is a group buy on the MT-07 forum... Yes the MT-07 and Tracer900 share the same axle nuts and hand controls... Sadly the foot controls and chain adjustment are totally different between the bikes... just spreading the good news... 

Screenshot_20191025-003714.png

For the peeps who wanna get in on this deal, I can help out by sending a PM to Bellissimoto with your PayPal email and your user name used here on the forum... As far as I know the group buy is still going on for a bit, not like it's gonna end this Friday... Very nice vendor and the owner is also owns a Tracer900... Where are you hiding @pgeldz ? 🙈🙉🙊... 

********Only the axle nut and hand controls are the same between the mt-07 and FJ/tracer900 for this group buy selection******* I know they also share a few more parts as I own both bikes but for those who wanna verify... I looked at the 2015, 2017, and 2019 years at random to see if they changed...

OEM axle nut p/n= 95602-10200-00

OEM clutch lever p/n= 5EB-83922-00-00

OEM front brake lever p/n= 5VS-83922-00-00

Edited by norcal616
  • Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

5 hours ago, norcal616 said:

For the peeps who wanna get in on this deal, I can help out by sending a PM to Bellissimoto with your PayPal email and your user name used here on the forum... As far as I know the group buy is still going on for a bit, not like it's gonna end this Friday... Very nice vendor and the owner is also owns a Tracer900... Where are you hiding @pgeldz ? 🙈🙉🙊... 

********Only the axle nut and hand controls are the same between the mt-07 and FJ/tracer900 for this group buy selection******* I know they also share a few more parts as I own both bikes but for those who wanna verify... I looked at the 2015, 2017, and 2019 years at random to see if they changed...

OEM axle nut p/n= 95602-10200-00

OEM clutch lever p/n= 5EB-83922-00-00

OEM front brake lever p/n= 5VS-83922-00-00

I"m here!  LoL!  In fact, I just took my Tracer 900GT on a nice ride over the weekend!

Yes, it's true on the FZ07.org forum, there is a group buy going on, and some of those items also fit the Tracer 900.  Some good deals to be had for sure!

:)

- Paul

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

I got a refund from the eBay seller yesterday. I showed him pictures and he will hopefully change the compatibility overview on his eBay listing.

Too bad it doesn't fit without sanding.

Good idea. I’ll reach out him as well. 

1 hour ago, skipperT said:

Those levers look pretty slick. 
Granted they cost more than a compatible eBay set, but I would hope the quality is way better?

-Skip

The quality is very top notch but the axle nut they make is what I like... factory race team quality by my standards... 

No more of them little tangs inside the nut to strip the axle if they catch... That's what I totally hate... 

• Supporting Member
On 10/24/2019 at 6:48 PM, norcal616 said:

Order some Gilles rear axle nuts...

No more stupid "tangs" inside the nut, whoever thought of this should be relocated to the last lvl of Satan domain forever fixing stripped axles due to the nut he/she created..

I ruined my axle threads (and the OE nut backing out over them) last year, literally a week before a trip. Can't help but think about this each time I have to adjust the chain or otherwise service the wheel.

Hey @texscottyd, didn't you pickup one of these recently?... any feedback?

Thanks!

• Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

26 minutes ago, piotrek said:

I ruined my axle threads (and the OE nut backing out over them) last year, literally a week before a trip. Can't help but think about this each time I have to adjust the chain or otherwise service the wheel.

Thanks!

I been lucky so far( knocks on wood)... I have always just cracked the axle nut open just enough to do chain adjustment, but I barely have to do chain adjustments, only like 3-4 times in 9k miles... 

Now it's been 4yrs since I brought the bike and it's time for new wheel bearings, spacers, tires, might as well put a new axle bolt in and the Gilles axle nut... If the stars align at the end of the year- aftermarket suspension 🙏...

Edited by norcal616
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, norcal616 said:

...Now it's been 4yrs since I brought the bikeand it's time for new wheel bearings, spacers...

I am looking to replace the seals and spacers only (little sloppy)... think the bearings have a log way to go (bike is at 52K kms).

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, piotrek said:

Thanks!

I’ve had the Gilles Tooling chain adjusters on my bike for a couple of years, but am currently still using the OEM tab-locking axle nut.  I did buy a really trick (and really expensive) titanium axle nut from ProBolt awhile back, but haven’t installed it yet.   The lack of any locking tab makes me think safety wire will be in order...  I haven’t decided what to do, so for now the titanium piece is sitting on my office desk where I can admire its craftsmanship.  

• Thumbsup 1

On 10/22/2019 at 6:57 AM, nhchris said:

Can these Blizzards fit over the stock hand guards or must the hand guards be removed?

Also I see you did not cut holes for the mirrors.  Do they fit easily around the mirror stalks?

Thanks, cb

I don't know it they can fit over the stockers as I replaced the stock handlebars with rizoma bars. But I don't think they can. As to the mirrors the Blizzards have a strap that secures them to the handlebars just near the mirror mounts and you do get two different length bar end spacers that help with the placement of the inside ends of the blizzards. So yes the mirrors are not in the way.

Edited by 2linby
  • Thanks 1

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy