What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I ride at night a lot (the magic of shift work, yay) and ran into an issue: Sharp corners and such at close quarters, particularly when there's the danger of ice on the ground as there always is in Canadian winters, were always blind.  Headlights mounted to the fairing always point forward, and that's less helpful when you're not trying to go forward, and it's critical to always see pavement before you ride on it. 

So, I added a LED flood light bar, mounted to the forks so it would cover the area in front of the bike and turn with the handlebars.  This seemed like a great idea.  Indeed, it works fantastically well as the LED light bar throws out an absolutely nutty amount of light. 

However, it really, REALLY amplifies the "Angry Face" look of the front of the bike.  And as the light bar - the "mouth" - moves with the handlebars, it seems even more expressive.  Maybe I should have gone with a pair of pods :)

New Light Bar.jpg

Bright.jpg

This is *just* the light bar, no headlights. 

Grrrrrr.jpg

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I ride at night a lot (the magic of shift work, yay) and ran into an issue: Sharp corners and such at close quarters, particularly when there's the danger of ice on the ground as there always is in Canadian winters, were always blind.  Headlights mounted to the fairing always point forward, and that's less helpful when you're not trying to go forward, and it's critical to always see pavement before you ride on it. 

So, I added a LED flood light bar, mounted to the forks so it would cover the area in front of the bike and turn with the handlebars.  This seemed like a great idea.  Indeed, it works fantastically well as the LED light bar throws out an absolutely nutty amount of light. 

However, it really, REALLY amplifies the "Angry Face" look of the front of the bike.  And as the light bar - the "mouth" - moves with the handlebars, it seems even more expressive.  Maybe I should have gone with a pair of pods :)

New Light Bar.jpg

Bright.jpg

This is *just* the light bar, no headlights. 

Grrrrrr.jpg

I had a light bar, and took it off when fitting the beak, it blocks the Light Bar.

20190222-DSC01610.jpg

• Premium Member

Yummy - Mailman never looked so good.  New master cylinder going on as soon as I can get a single line banjo bolt.  Ships assuming no ABS and 2 lines for each caliper, so had to order a new banjo bolt.  Out of the box, impressed.  This is going to be a really nice addition with some unknown benefits I'm sure.  This is why I'm moving to the dang hydraulic clutch.  It's the only true companion from an aesthetics point of view.

Brembo2.jpg

Brembo3.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Installed my new Givi crash bars, and added highway pegs.  I like them a lot, they mount very solidly (using all three engine mounts on each side), and feel very, very sturdy.  All the while fitting well with the lines of the bike and staying close so they don't hang out.  Really happy with them.

• Supporting Member

I took the GT for a ride today to a motorcycle machine shop near me to ask if they would make 11mm caliper spacers for the 320mm brake rotor upgrade. The guy said sure and asked me for the rest of the measurements, which I didn't have on me, better to let him take his own measurements anyway. Next thing I know the guys opening the shop door to bring the bike in and asking me what size socket I need to take the calipers off and he is measuring away. Long story short it's going to cost as much to have 20 pieces done as having 4 pieces $125.00. He won't be able to get to it around for a couple of weeks so if all goes well there will be a couple of set for sale at cost plus shipping.😉

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

I took the GT for a ride today to a motorcycle machine shop near me to ask if they would make 11mm caliper spacers for the 320mm brake rotor upgrade. The guy said sure and asked me for the rest of the measurements, which I didn't have on me, better to let him take his own measurements anyway. Next thing I know the guys opening the shop door to bring the bike in and asking me what size socket I need to take the calipers off and he is measuring away. Long story short it's going to cost as much to have 20 pieces done as having 4 pieces $125.00. He won't be able to get to it around for a couple of weeks so if all goes well there will be a couple of set for sale at cost plus shipping.😉

Put me on the list. I missed the last round when a bunch on this forum all upgraded. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Early B-Day present ( 1.5 of 3) showed up on my door step 😊.. the other 1.5 is the rear shock and XSR clutch kit...

IMG_20191106_153857710.jpg

IMG_20191106_160109123.jpg

Tires, suspension and a slipper clutch...  That's not a bad birthday, at all!   😎

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, piotrek said:

Mmm... re-valve kit... hardcore... have fun 😎

It will be educational... Already have the tools such as Traxxion Dynamics fork service kit and race tech suspension book... Compared to the horror story of the FZ-07 forks this should be a easier 😅( Knocks on wood)... Stoltec even listed the sag numbers to achieve as well as the oil amount, even the new shim stacks are stacked accordingly and zip tied together...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Re-upholstered seat finished today, 300K's and I am happy, bit of chafing on the inner thighs, but the seat should settle down after 1k or so. If not I will just duck back and have it shaped again.

20191107_165817.jpg

20191107_165831.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1