What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, coachluciano said:

Put me on the list. I missed the last round when a bunch on this forum all upgraded. 

PM me with your info and contact number and your first on the list @coachluciano

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, jdavis said:

Re-upholstered seat finished today, 300K's and I am happy, bit of chafing on the inner thighs, but the seat should settle down after 1k or so. If not I will just duck back and have it shaped again.

20191107_165817.jpg

20191107_165831.jpg

The seats look great.  👍

I had the same issue with irritation on my inner thighs, I grip the tank with my knees so I had the front section narrowed, it feels great now.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

18 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Seat looks good, John!

Went back this morning and he adjusted the ride position to the rear for me, and added a bit of height. I am happy now, even done another 350k's to be sure ;)  It was 42 by the bike air temp guage most of the ride and bush fires everywhere in the Border Ranges near home, plus very high wind gusts.

The joys of riding :)

Edited by jdavis
  • Like 1

Ok I literally read the entire thread the last bunch of days. Holy crap was that an expensive read 😎

So this is what I have on my GT

Yoshi full system

K&N Air filter

PCV

SW-Motech Crash Bars

Givi Mudguard

R&G Tail Tidy

AATS Turn signals F/R

Rear Flasher relay

Sargeant seat

Ram mount

EZPass mount

Tank pads

OEM Radiator Guard

Springer brake cables

Michelin TPMS

Puig sport screen

Rizoma silver fuel cap

On the way

83 degree air valves

Rizoma Circuit 959 Reflectors

Considering doing shocks, forks and rotors next

Pictures to come later but many items have been posted here

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, MartyP said:

Holy crap was that an expensive read 😎

Considering doing shocks, forks and rotors next

‘Cause, you know, suspension & brakes are the cheap upgrades...  :D 

Sounds like some great stuff you’ve already done!  Trust me here:  High-spec suspension and big-ass brakes will complete the transformation.  Expensive, and worth every penny (my opinion, of course) 

• Thumbsup 4

I had my 900 GT seat adjusted. A local company put in extra foam to make the seat a bit more flat (now certain parts of my lower body no longer get crushed when doing a lot of stop-and-go type of traffic), They also put in a special gel pad at the middle/back part of the seat. They use soft, medical gel pads. I took it for a short ride and I think it is a big improvement. I'm sitting a bit higher as well, so now my knees are even a bit more relaxed.

I tried the Yamaha comfort seat at the dealer but felt it was not very comfortable at all. The gel parts are way too hard and in fact, I found it less comfy than the OEM seat.

Also, I installed the SW-Motech crash bars today. I think they are a very nice addition to an already beautiful bike.

One question though, has anybody removed the SW-Motech logo plate that are glued to the bars? I really don't like them but I'm afraid if I remove them it will leave a mark.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MartyP said:

Ok I literally read the entire thread the last bunch of days. Holy crap was that an expensive read 😎

So this is what I have on my GT:

It sounds more as if you have many farkles with a bike attached as an enhancement!🙄

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

Mounted this beauty. Brembo Corsa Corta master cylinder. Found the mirror perch that was missing @betoney from the original and it all came together really nice. Reporting on this will be difficult. “Winter is Here”.  Sitting on my new “Bagster” @wordsmith on the center stand in cold garage, brakes feel great.  Seat feels even better. @texscottyd ride safe tomorrow. It’s only 41 here in NY. 

7D453592-46BA-4F4B-AEF6-4F7FD26DB2E3.jpeg

C535625F-2A0D-4D54-BA9B-3EE33D381A9C.jpeg

• Like 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member

@coachluciano - Looks nice, I'm sure the brakes will feel fantastic. 

I wouldn't be able co contain myself, I'd bundle up and go out for a test ride!

You've convinced me to pull my R1 master cylinder out of the drawer and get it installed.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***