What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, nhchris said:

I bought the MO gas. 91 octane no-lead fuel without ethanol ($5.00/gal)

They tell me the AV gas is 100 octane and contains lead thus not appropriate for non-aviation uses.

Very good.  Interesting that the airport has that.  A couple of my local gas stations have ethanol & lead free gas in the same flavor.  Much preferred for the FJ.

• Premium Member

These showed up. Nice. 

E6F46348-97D7-42E8-82E3-D53DB84BFC16.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
35 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

These showed up. Nice. 

E6F46348-97D7-42E8-82E3-D53DB84BFC16.jpeg

I installed mine recently. If you have any questions, just ask.  Once you get the old lines removed, the new lines are a piece of cake to install.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 11/13/2019 at 2:11 PM, dazzler24 said:

Some thing a bit different.  I made a 3d printed keyring.

Not sure if this is a worthy item to be included in this thread but anyway FWIW.......

Keyring.thumb.jpg.94aabb687ff3b641fb7454cce2cee8ab.jpg

You will be unindated with requests to buy...😀

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

My early-October 4500km circuit took me through some moderately wet weather and over a few extensive road works.  Despite a rudimentary DIY front fender-extender the spaghetti-like set of zorst header pipes got pretty grubby: time to clean 'em up a bit.

This is a job where a hoist would be worth its weight in gold, as scrambling around on the garage floor is a bit tough on my ageing bod and joints, but I achieved some improvement.   A pot-scourer dipped in kerosene took off most of the road-tar deposits, and I followed that up by polishing the pipes with AUTOSOL.   This is an automotive polish made in Germany and recommended by BMW, therefore being (a) very effective and (b) very expensive.   But it works.

The headers certainly didn't come up like new, but look better, and my conscience is salved and pride restored!   A little more work on them will improve things further, so that's on the weekend job-list.

P1060067.JPG

P1060070.JPG

P1060071.JPG

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 2

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

I installed mine recently. If you have any questions, just ask.  Once you get the old lines removed, the new lines are a piece of cake to install.

@betoney for sure have some questions. Let me do more more due diligence before I ask. Seems like a lot of stock “gunk” coming out and a much simpler system going in. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

@betoney Seems like a lot of stock “gunk” coming out and a much simpler system going in. 

Absolutely agree.  Thoroughly trace each line visually from start to end, it will become evident where the oem hard lines will need to be cut for removal.  Don't bother trying to salvage them, you will never use them again.

And only do one line at a time, you don't want to accidentally get them mixed up at the ABS pump.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 2

• Supporting Member
17 minutes ago, chitown said:

Good tip. Or label them before starting. The Galfers came with labels at each end. 

I should have clarified; - not so much labeling the lines as much as knowing which of the 4 ports on the ABS module to connect them to, front/rear/input/output.

12 hours ago, betoney said:

I should have clarified; - not so much labeling the lines as much as knowing which of the 4 ports on the ABS module to connect them to, front/rear/input/output.

Ah. There's a diagram in the shop manual but think I just snapped a pic with my phone before starting.  

• Thumbsup 1

14 hours ago, wordsmith said:

My early-October 4500km circuit took me through some moderately wet weather and over a few extensive road works.  Despite a rudimentary DIY front fender-extender the spaghetti-like set of zorst header pipes got pretty grubby: time to clean 'em up a bit.

This is a job where a hoist would be worth its weight in gold, as scrambling around on the garage floor is a bit tough on my ageing bod and joints, but I achieved some improvement.   A pot-scourer dipped in kerosene took off most of the road-tar deposits, and I followed that up by polishing the pipes with AUTOSOL.   This is an automotive polish made in Germany and recommended by BMW, therefore being (a) very effective and (b) very expensive.   But it works.

The headers certainly didn't come up like new, but look better, and my conscience is salved and pride restored!   A little more work on them will improve things further, so that's on the weekend job-list.

P1060067.JPG

P1060070.JPG

P1060071.JPG

yes , I used it like a month ago and I like the difference;

you can see my pics and other members' pics too here. you will also find some other ways in this thread to clean the tubes but I used AUTOSOL too.

• Supporting Member

I installed a clutch arm from an R3.  I was reading the FZ09 forum and someone mentioned that the longer arm gives it a slightly lighter pull so I figured I would give it a try, it was $11-$12.  The clutch pull IS noticeably lighter but I cant really say a quantifiable percentage. 

This is the same modification that folks used to do using the clutch arm from the Bolt, except this is cheaper.

CA1.jpg

CA2.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

you guys that are using Leaded Premium in your modern bikes may want to run that by 2WDW....when I had my FZ07 ECU flashed, they told me that the Leaded Premium has a different density than Ethanol gas, and it would not run the same

as the Ethanol.......just make more heat and no performance gain

FWIW.....

what I did to it today... :

cut 3/4 inch offa the bars, threaded them on in a ways for the FZ-07 Bar End Weights, and put my Grip Puppies

on it, and then took it for a rip.....feels much better, bars were too long, and now there's less tinglies.....

hope to get the M4 slip on in tomorrow and go riding Sunday....Monday the ECU will be headed for 2WDW....

Edited by BugsInTeeth

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, BugsInTeeth said:

you guys that are using Leaded Premium in your modern bikes may want to run that by 2WDW....when I had my FZ07 ECU flashed, they told me that the Leaded Premium has a different density than Ethanol gas, and it would not run the same

as the Ethanol.......just make more heat and no performance gain

FWIW.....

Where is leaded gas still sold?  I thought legislation ended that over 20 years ago.

When I talked to 2WDW about fuel, I specifically asked about ethanol-free gas and was told that when they make fuel maps they use pump premium E10 from either Shell of Chevron and non-ethanol gas would run richer.

17 minutes ago, betoney said:

Where is leaded gas still sold?  I thought legislation ended that over 20 years ago.

When I talked to 2WDW about fuel, I specifically asked about ethanol-free gas and was told that when they make fuel maps they use pump premium E10 from either Shell of Chevron and non-ethanol gas would run richer.

yep exactly.....which means more heat for no gain, just more cost.....these bikes are designed to run on ethanol, and should be.....

if you are gonna parkit for a while, dump some Startron or other stabilizer in it, and I recommend premium, because it 

keeps it SWOOSH   longer.....  :D

("Swoosh" is a highly Technical term, the meaning of which I could tell ya, but then the secret would be out......)

Edited by BugsInTeeth
  • Thumbsup 1

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson