What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 12/1/2019 at 7:11 AM, BugsInTeeth said:

got my Tail Tidy on yesterday...took 2 weeks to get here from Chinesia, but it was worth it....$32 Bux roughly

including shipping ($1.99 from China),  and it looks purty dang good..... :

DSC_1380.thumb.jpg.b661787250d8f61b3e5eaebb38fd277d.jpg

Do you have a link and does it work with the gt panniers.

here's a link to them...Ebay ..  :

s-l400.jpg

YAMAHA Tracer 900/GT 2018-2019. YAMAHA MT-09 Tracer 2015-2018...

there are no instructions come with this, it's kinda figure it out .....

and I dunno if it would clear the bags or not ...   I don't have them so....

• Like 1

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, BugsInTeeth said:

s-l400.jpg

Stop buying Chinese knockoffs. Buy original Japanese. I chose to spend a lot more for my Yoshi and I ride with no shame. 

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

2 hours ago, coachluciano said:

Stop buying Chinese knockoffs. Buy original Japanese. I chose to spend a lot more for my Yoshi and I ride with no shame. 

I buy what I want and you have the same privilege.

• Thumbsup 5

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

8 hours ago, BugsInTeeth said:

s-l400.jpg

It won't clear GT panniers for sure! 

This does and i have it on my GT

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, OLDESTP said:

Do you have a link and does it work with the gt panniers.

@OLDESTP - When considering a tail tidy (fender eliminator) you are going to have to compromise if you want to use the oem side bags.  You can't tuck the signals/license plate in close to the brake light and still have them visible behind the side bags, they will only be visible directly behind the bike.  If you keep the bags on all of the time then it isn't that big of an issue using the oem lights/fender as  it doesn't look as horrible.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
20 minutes ago, betoney said:

If you keep the bags on all of the time then it isn't that big of an issue using the oem lights/fender as  it doesn't look as horrible.

I 100% agree.  I run my 2015 FJ with the factory Yamaha bags on all the time, along with the Yamaha top rack.   I removed the license plate bracket & just bolted the plate directly to the fender, and replaced the OEM pumpkin signals with factory LED signals from the Super Tenere.    Personally, I think it’s clean & visually well-balanced.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coachluciano said:

Why?  Yoshi could sell it at half the price easily.  Paying over $100 for a simple black painted bent bit of metal is (in my books anyways) crazy.  Now, I'd certainly go name brand where quality and reliability are important, but this?  It's functionally identical to the Yoshi but a third of the price.  They're not "ripping off" Yoshi or stealing IP - a tail tidy like this is a simple license plate bracket not some clever invention.

I chose to spend a lot less for my random bracket, and also ride with no shame... And an extra $70 in my pocket.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Why?  Yoshi could sell it at half the price easily.  Paying over $100 for a simple black painted bent bit of metal is (in my books anyways) crazy.  Now, I'd certainly go name brand where quality and reliability are important, but this?  It's functionally identical to the Yoshi but a third of the price.  They're not "ripping off" Yoshi or stealing IP - a tail tidy like this is a simple license plate bracket not some clever invention.

I chose to spend a lot less for my random bracket, and also ride with no shame... And an extra $70 in my pocket.

I was a joke. However, I’ve spent a good deal of my career in intellectual property (patents) for a large global company, protecting our patents and suing for 100s millions in patent infringements. The Chinese steal everything they can. Period. They let someone do all the work and immediately copy what they can and sell for cheap.  you didn’t get instructions because they have no clue what they sold you, nor how to install it  I know this first hand  

I buy American whenever possible anyways. 

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

6 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

not only THAT ^^^,  but the unit I bought, (and I couldn't care Less  WHO makes it),  weighs over 2 pounds LESS, because it's made of Aluminum instead of steel like the factory pieces...and I too, think that paying yoshi's REDICULOUS prices for stuff you can get cheaper is STUPID.

so far, I've taken over 22 lbs of junk offa this bike that I don't like, don't need, or don't want....if you combine that thot

process with the Flash from 2WDW, it's now a REAL  ripper, and it suits ME  JUST FINE       Thank You ! !

• Thumbsup 4

BugsinTeeth........

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, BugsInTeeth said:

not only THAT ^^^,  but the unit I bought, (and I couldn't care Less  WHO makes it),  weighs over 2 pounds LESS, because it's made of Aluminum instead of steel like the factory pieces...and I too, think that paying yoshi's REDICULOUS prices for stuff you can get cheaper is STUPID.

so far, I've taken over 22 lbs of junk offa this bike that I don't like, don't need, or don't want....if you combine that thot

process with the Flash from 2WDW, it's now a REAL  ripper, and it suits ME  JUST FINE       Thank You ! !

Look at signature. Think about how many pound have came off my bike. Lol. 

• Thumbsup 2

2 hours ago, BugsInTeeth said:

Yep.  I strongly object to things *massively* overpriced purely because of the name.  It's particularly bad in the motorcycle space, but in other industries too.  I mean, bring some value to the table and sure, but a sticker with your name on it doesn't make your part better than the next one.  

I can understand Americans wanting to buy American, but as I'm not American that has no value to me.  American, Japanese, German, Russian, Chinese... *Shrugs* all foreign parts to me. 

Today: brought my bike in to have the stupid CEL cleared after triggering it running the bike on the centerstand.  Also ordered an adapter for my code reader, but I didn't want to suffer through a month of that stupid yellow light.  

Also, it was kinda fun to show off the winter tires, as nobody here has seen them before.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Bought a Renthal Street Naked bar (819-50) and as I don't use the hand guards and didn't want/need to tap the ends to take the 16mm insert, I designed and printed up a couple of simple bar end inserts that have a 6mm thread to accept my existing 'decorative' bar ends.

They simply press into the inside of the bars as an interference fit (~14.4mm).  Nice and firm without being too tight but allow me to tighten the 6mm screw without the whole thing turning inside the bar.

If you have no need to tap the bars but still want to attach bar ends this might be something to consider.  If anyone wants the file or a version of it (e.g. different thread type/size) I can send it to you for you to print if you have, or know someone with a 3D printer.

Designed: -

F360.thumb.jpg.593bd8eac59d0159223eaf47c1b08860.jpg

Rendered for printing: -

rendered.thumb.jpg.619f7727a38b5fa28bd6b3f810c05268.jpg

Printed:-

Printed.thumb.jpg.5afed362ea4ec58accfc56b4156906d6.jpg

Bar End (6mm):-

866879442_Barend.thumb.jpg.495de417ecf1e3775062c12da6910f9b.jpg

Installed: -

Installed1.thumb.jpg.83aa6c4508c1e1728403a54fb2145162.jpgInstalled2.thumb.jpg.12e06b02e5dffe6ed745a74116cad62d.jpgInstalled3.thumb.jpg.d3a6b2a24c89f6f81e8b2b3edbf76996.jpg

• Thumbsup 8
  • Thanks 1