What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Ah yes, safety wire:  The novice racer hazing ritual...  

Hardest compound known to man?  Easy... the Hondaminium that they make CBR600F2 brake caliper bolts from. 

Not my first rodeo... first racing endevour on this bike though. 

'15 FJ09

Went and shot some skeet. Used to shoot competition. Haven't shot much in years but close to the purdue university trap and skeet club now. 4 time shooting this year. Lows 50's here today so went through a tank of gas. Wiggled my way around the wasbash river. Did about 20 miles of gravel and dirt rodes on the factory tires still. Great day for December. 

20191208_150339.jpg

20191208_155421.jpg

Edited by limpy88
  • Thumbsup 3

The rear shock is driving me a bit annoyed... I have to pull the tank to get to top mount bolt, I could do it from the side if it was not for a MCruise connection right in front of the nut... sigh... I shall finish another day 😑...

BTW I'm loving my cordless impact wrench which was the highlight of my day...it barely even had to work to bust the bottom shock bolt nut and dog bone... it's a Milwaukee M18 FUEL 1/2" impact wrench- little sucker got enough TQ to start a locomotive 😁... 

• Thumbsup 2
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

2 hours ago, norcal616 said:

The rear shock is driving me a bit annoyed... I have to pull the tank to get to top mount bolt, I could do it from the side if it was not for a MCruise connection right in front of the nut... sigh... I shall finish another day 😑...

BTW I'm loving my cordless impact wrench which was the highlight of my day...it barely even had to work to bust the bottom shock bolt nut and dog bone... it's a Milwaukee M18 FUEL 1/2" impact wrench- little sucker got enough TQ to start a locomotive 😁... 

I said eff it!!! Gotta trim the body work to fit the remote adjuster later...

20191210_114241.thumb.jpg.a72fc8f787eb07735a38b17a26f12cbd.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

45 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

Applied ACF50 and got it ready for the winter riding ❄❄❄

I don’t think you’ll get far on those white tyres......🤪🤪

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, norcal616 said:

I said eff it!!! Gotta trim the body work to fit the remote adjuster later...

20191210_114241.thumb.jpg.a72fc8f787eb07735a38b17a26f12cbd.jpg

My buddy has a Stoltec-spec Penske on his FJ and it is configured the exact same way.  Mine was ordered through Traxxion Dynamics and the hose is longer and attaches to the canister differently.  I have been thinking about getting a right angle banjo bolt type connector fitted the next time I have my suspension in for servicing. 

image.thumb.png.cb64ce1d4885cc3a9024b723b8ea5424.png

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, Ahmed said:

Applied ACF50 and got it ready for the winter riding ❄❄❄

20191210_131850.jpgDitto mine has had it's 2nd coating ready for the UK winter, rock salt is on the roads so I can use it through the coming winter! I have to say acf is great and if there is one product you need in the winter it's this.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, norcal616 said:

I picked one up over the summer, great tool. 

Although I had a bolt at work and our M18 couldn't get it loose the other day... It was not a fun day. 

'15 FJ09

5 hours ago, koth442 said:

I picked one up over the summer, great tool. 

Although I had a bolt at work and our M18 couldn't get it loose the other day... It was not a fun day. 

The regular M18 is only about 450TQ, the FUEL like I have is like 1400TQ... gotta be a bad day if 1400TQ cant crack a nut...

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, norcal616 said:

The regular M18 is only about 450TQ, the FUEL like I have is like 1400TQ... gotta be a bad day if 1400TQ cant crack a nut...

...Or snap the stud trying 🙂

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

No photos of it, just yet, but after meeting with Dave Moss for the suspension set up, he recommended that I get new levers (adjustable).  I got some new Pazzo levers from PJschurchofspeed.com and finally got them installed.  Got the matching red to go with the bike.  They look great.  Was able to get them adjusted for a perfect fit for my hands.  It's like riding a brand new bike.  

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, Batgirl said:

I got some new Pazzo levers...  It's like riding a brand new bike.  

I couldn't agree more.  I have used Pazzo levers on my last few bikes and LOVE them, I use long clutch and shorty 2-finger brake.  I will never own another bike without adjustable levers.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, Batgirl said:

I got some new Pazzo levers

Great choice!  I have the Pazzo levers on my FJ, and love them... worth every penny.   I went with the long levers on both sides; black with red adjusters.   It's nice to be able to mix & match lever styles and colors... 

• Thumbsup 1