What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 12/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, koth442 said:

Noice!!! How's the powerband? Linear or does it suddenly rocket off?

I dunno yet 🙈... I might take it for a slow cruise around the neighborhood to see if it will build boost since it needs a load to build boost vs just sitting in N and revving it but it's still winter so grip is slippery...

Comparing/eyeballing dyno charts they tell 2 different stories... here is a tuned MT-09 vs the turbo FZ-07

Screenshot_20200101-235952_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64051459e163480aaf9d9457eefb0b08.jpg

Red lines= MT-09

Green lines= turbo bike

@koth442, @betoney, @texscottyd

Edit: found a dyno chart of turbo vs mt-09

I just need to spend time riding it to understand it/get a feel for it...

so far after 2 neighborhood cruises, the turbo definitely feels like the power is always increasing faster vs the FJ-09 which has that strong off idle power and that "wind up" feeling in the mid range before it just unleashes its power ... 

• Thumbsup 2
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Well I now got 2 bikes with very similar HP/TQ figures 🤪... mmmmmm booost... I think my FJ-09 is mad at me and it stole its battery 🙊

20191222_001351.thumb.jpg.8befac9152542baaab94b7d2b604f2f3.jpg

Wow, very cool.  I want to know more for sure, once the roads clear up and you can get ample traction.  👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 12/22/2019 at 5:28 AM, norcal616 said:

20191222_001351.thumb.jpg.8befac9152542baaab94b7d2b604f2f3.jpg

Oh...  I see a whirlly, spinny, pressurey thing hung under there!   Even if it didn’t work out perfectly, I still 100% approve on general principle.   :)   

Just curious, is this some of J.D. Hord’s work?   Can’t wait to hear your riding impressions. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

@norcal616 - Did you get the kit from Extreme Creations?  Looking at the dyno graph in this video @ 5:30, those numbers have to be an extreme tune as they surpass the MT10! 😲

Did this require any durability mods? bottom end or clutch?  I notice that they offer a swingarm extension.  😎

19 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Oh...  I see a whirlly, spinny, pressurey thing hung under there!   Even if it didn’t work out perfectly, I still 100% approve on general principle.   :)   

Just curious, is the some of J.D. Hord’s work?   Can’t wait to hear your riding impressions. 

It's a kit from Extreme Creations...

Used to run an open style airbox from Hordpower 

You mean this fidget spinner 😎

20191222_231325.thumb.jpg.d9c769f39cc706919bd2c5a31327d61a.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

7 hours ago, betoney said:

@norcal616 - Did you get the kit from Extreme Creations?  Looking at the dyno graph in this video @ 5:30, those numbers have to be an extreme tune as they surpass the MT10! 😲

Did this require any durability mods? bottom end or clutch?  I notice that they offer a swingarm extension.  😎

Yea 145HP/115TQ on e85...

I'm not using e85 yet...just the regular stage 1 kit that runs on premium pump gas that's 115HP/65TQ

In order to run e85 kit, you need aftermarket valve springs, aftermarket rods, new cylinder stud bolts from ARP, pistons needs to sent out to be Ceramic Coated, injectors need to go from 250cc to 650cc, heavy duty clutch springs...

They have been playing around with e85 as the next stage in the turbo kits...

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Yea 145HP/115TQ on e85...

I'm not using e85 yet...just the regular stage 1 kit that runs on premium pump gas that's 115HP/65TQ

In order to run e85 kit, you need aftermarket valve springs, aftermarket rods, new cylinder stud bolts from ARP, pistons needs to sent out to be Ceramic Coated, injectors need to go from 250cc to 650cc, heavy duty clutch springs...

They have been playing around with e85 as the next stage in the turbo kits...

In comparison, the MT10 makes 138hp/77tq stock. 😲  That will be one mean FZ07 👍

• Supporting Member
54 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Today: wrapping my hardcases.  Pretty decent results, not flawless but really acceptable.  I'm definitely happy with how it's going!

@Wintersdark - The finished case lid looks great, very nice job!  👍

Are you wrapping the entire bike?

3 hours ago, betoney said:

@Wintersdark - The finished case lid looks great, very nice job!  👍

Are you wrapping the entire bike?

Yes.  The lower front panels with satin black (matches the plastic around the headlights and beneath the tank perfectly) and everywhere that's currently grey is getting this metallic satin blue.  Takes a fair bit of time though.  Parts I could bring inside where pretty easy, but most of the body panels are much better to wrap on the bike (where I can get a good stretch because they're attached to the bike)... But it's midwinter here in Calgary, and applying vinyl in sub zero temps, while not impossible, is quite challenging.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Yes.  The lower front panels with satin black (matches the plastic around the headlights and beneath the tank perfectly) and everywhere that's currently grey is getting this metallic satin blue

That should look awesome when finished, good luck with the process.  I really like creative projects when owners personalize their bikes and make them unique.  👍

• Thumbsup 1

15 minutes ago, mingo said:

@Wintersdark  What was the original color of your panniers? Nice job! I'd like to wrap mine with the same blue of my wheels, so close to that. 

Grey.  It's the "Nimbus grey" color scheme, so grey and white with red accents.  The accent decals are all gone now, and the white side panels are already black.  

I'd love to get a set of blue wheels too. A second set of wheels would be great for swapping between summer and winter tires too vs having to dismount/remount wheels twice a year, and it'd tie stuff together nicely.  Going to get some blue reflective tape for the existing black rims.

22 minutes ago, betoney said:

That should look awesome when finished, good luck with the process.  I really like creative projects when owners personalize their bikes and make them unique.  👍

I'm pretty sure it'll look sweet - the blue in particular is gorgeous in person, the "metallic" flake in the vinyl is bits of reflective stuff so rather than just being a bit sparkly in the sun, it's really luminous when in direct light.  

I've never wrapped anything before this, but it seemed a good way to go.  I don't have to commit to it like I would with paint (just peels right off if you want) and it's WAY easier to get a great finish, while actually protecting the stock paint. 

I do think though, if I where to do it again, I'd still wrap the body of the bike,but those side panels I'd plastidip.  The curves and corners of the side panels are REALLY hard to wrap.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1