• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Totally agree with these personalizing idea's.  Whilst on the subject,  had my now black side panels off today,  just to neaten up previous work. This time though,  didn't bother removing indicators, so no need to remove  inner cover. Mucho easio. 

Masked off round badge and indicator.  Hang panel from garage roof using inner cover bolt holes and spray away. My edges and lower inside bit were not up to standard. 🙁

Still using matt black rubber spray. K2. 

If I was an overpaid sportsman I'd probably have one black and one gold. 😉

1 minute ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Totally agree with these personalizing idea's.  Whilst on the subject,  had my now black side panels off today,  just to neaten up previous work. This time though,  didn't bother removing indicators, so no need to remove  inner cover. Mucho easio. 

Masked off round badge and indicator.  Hang panel from garage roof using inner cover bolt holes and spray away. My edges and lower inside bit were not up to standard. 🙁

Still using matt black rubber spray. K2. 

If I was an overpaid sportsman I'd probably have one black and one gold. 😉

That's what I was thinking while I was remounting them.... Could really easily mask the indicators and spray away.  I was thinking afterwards that the plastidip style coating is probably going to last a bit longer and be easier to repair than vinyl there.  At least for me, riding in all weather, those panels get a lot of abuse and the leading super-tight corner looks like a prime failure point for the vinyl.  Will see how they hold up, though.

As much as I'm really looking forward to the blue, I found the look just with the white gone HUGELY improves the overall look of the bike.  The extra color, only on those two small panels, really just doesn't work well.  Once they match the plastics on the front and under the tank, the bike looks much, much better. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 12/22/2019 at 6:26 AM, norcal616 said:

Comparing/eyeballing dyno charts they tell 2 different stories... here is a tuned MT-09 vs the turbo FZ-07

Screenshot_20200101-235952_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64051459e163480aaf9d9457eefb0b08.jpg

Red lines= MT-09

Green lines= turbo bike

Those numbers are really impressive considering stock FZ07 hp/tq is around 65/45 and flashed is about 70/50 according to 2WDW.

That much quick revving power in a smaller hooligan machine will be a hoot to ride.  I hope you have decent suspension to keep all of that power under control.  😎👍

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

26 minutes ago, betoney said:

Those numbers are really impressive considering stock FZ07 hp/tq is around 65/45 and flashed is about 70/50 according to 2WDW.

That much quick revving power in a smaller hooligan machine will be a hoot to ride.  I hope you have decent suspension to keep all of that power under control.  😎👍

Suspension is already aftermarket... it feels much more planted( due to swingarm extensions) but will probably have to visit a suspension shop to have a suspension custom built if needed...

• Like 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

1 hour ago, betoney said:

I can only imagine.  My tuned MT07 was a bloody riot, this things pushing almost twice the power.   I'd LOVE to give that a whirl.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
53 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Suspension is already aftermarket... it feels much more planted( due to swingarm extensions)

With roughly a 60% boost over the flashed-07, I think the swingarm extensions are a great idea. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I'm really curious if Hordpower will create an airbox for the MT/FJ-09 platform like the FZ/MT-07 platform... maybe we can convince him :)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
On 10/13/2019 at 4:09 AM, coachluciano said:

Add the mother of all chain adjusters. Wow. That’s all I can say. Pricy, but takes “all” the guess work out of rear wheel alignment and has precise click adjustments.

62DBE93C-B5A0-4FE0-95BC-70287B389336.jpeg

I've got these little Italian beauties (in black) coming my way for AUD$210! (US$144) in a private sale.  Saved about AUD$160 on retail price!  Stumbled across the sale by accident by someone who bought them for their bike and changed their mind?! - didn't ask, don't care.

I wasn't actually in the market for them but a combination of not really happy with the OEMs after doing a chain adjustment some time back and the good bargain that these presented made my flesh weak!  Yep...you all know how it is!

Lightech Chain Adjusters

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

@dazzler24 you will love the Lightech chain adjusters. I have had them on a couple of my bikes and they make chain maintenance a snap. Make sure you tape the end of the socket you use for the axle nut, it is very easy to scratch the adjuster body if you don't.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

@dazzler24 you will love the Lightech chain adjusters. I have had them on a couple of my bikes and they make chain maintenance a snap. Make sure you tape the end of the socket you use for the axle nut, it is very easy to scratch the adjuster body if you don't.

@roadrash83 - Thanks for the tip about socket taping!  Good advice.

On 1/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, Wintersdark said:

Those look awesome, but absurdly expensive.  I'd love to get a good deal on a set, but at almost $300cdn that's insane.

Lucky find!

You can get a knock off on ebay for $36 to $45 shipped

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Rear Axle...

24 minutes ago, mingo said:

You can get a knock off on ebay for $36 to $45 shipped

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Rear Axle...

The ebay add says they are not compatible with the 2019 GT model.  I wonder if there really is a difference?  I believe the swing arm was extended 2 inches so maybe there is.