Jump to content
yamaham

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, mingo said:

You can get a knock off on ebay for $36 to $45 shipped

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Rear Axle...

 

Junk. 

  • Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koth442 said:

Yesterday I synced the throttle bodies. Today I'm checking the valves. 

how many miles, and how far off was the synch ?   just curious  ?


BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mingo said:

You can get a knock off on ebay for $36 to $45 shipped

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Rear Axle...

 

I took a chance on these Chinese knock-offs from Ebay.  While they are constructed fine, they have no index notch or mark on the center black axle block to reference with the measurement marks.  With no point of reference they are effectively worthless.

I tried them for awhile and the only way that I could measure distance was with a digital caliper on each side, getting them equal on each side took forever and was a complete pain in the a$$.  Now they collect dust in the garage.

  • Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, betoney said:

I took a chance on these Chinese knock-offs from Ebay.  While they are constructed fine, they have no index notch or mark on the center black axle block to reference with the measurement marks.  With no point of reference they are effectively worthless.

I tried them for awhile and the only way that I could measure distance was with a digital caliper on each side, getting them equal on each side took forever and was a complete pain in the a$$.  Now they collect dust in the garage.

I'm thinking about giving these a try. Being a machinist I should have no trouble putting an index notch on the center pieces. As you well know, the stock setup certainly leaves a lot to be desired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, new1709rider said:

I'm thinking about giving these a try. Being a machinist I should have no trouble putting an index notch on the center pieces. As you well know, the stock setup certainly leaves a lot to be desired. 

Agreed, if you have a way to make accurate index marks, then these might work well for you.  Like I said, they do seem to be built well otherwise, they just didn't work for me.  👍


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BugsInTeeth said:

how many miles, and how far off was the synch ?   just curious  ?

81XX miles, 2015. Sync wasn't too far off. Haven't ridden yet to feel for any differences.

Exhaust valves are a smidge though. So once those are adjusted, any change in riding will be confounded between the valve adjustment and the throttle body sync. 


'15 FJ09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betoney said:

I took a chance on these Chinese knock-offs from Ebay.  While they are constructed fine, they have no index notch or mark on the center black axle block to reference with the measurement marks.  With no point of reference they are effectively worthless.

I tried them for awhile and the only way that I could measure distance was with a digital caliper on each side, getting them equal on each side took forever and was a complete pain in the a$$.  Now they collect dust in the garage.

I tried to tell y’all. Glad we have proof. Yes the originals are expensive, but well worth it and they add a nice bling-factor. 

  • Thumbsup 4

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Agreed, if you have a way to make accurate index marks, then these might work well for you.  Like I said, they do seem to be built well otherwise, they just didn't work for me.  👍

Accuracy is not a problem when you have access to a milling machine with digital readout. Getting an index mark perfectly centered on the axle hole, not a problem. Want to send me yours and let me do them for you? 

  • Thumbsup 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, new1709rider said:

Accuracy is not a problem when you have access to a milling machine with digital readout. Getting an index mark perfectly centered on the axle hole, not a problem. Want to send me yours and let me do them for you? 

That's a very generous offer but I am already using a different axle block now.  Thank you for the offer. 👍  


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thrashed my 09 a bit doing a speedy a 50-mile lap in +60 degree weather.  Had a big rain event last night so roads were salt-free, clean and dry.

Seemed like old times (way back in September). Anyhoo, the batt's charged, tires warmed up and oil pushed into every nook and cranny of that naughty C3 motor.  I am really glad I have the bike as an alternative to bitching about the lousy skiing.

Kept an eye our for a guy on a farkled brandy new M10 but @chesterburnet  was no where to be seen:). 

Edited by nhchris
  • Like 1

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, new1709rider said:

Accuracy is not a problem when you have access to a milling machine with digital readout. Getting an index mark perfectly centered on the axle hole, not a problem. Want to send me yours and let me do them for you? 

Show us said mill :)


'15 FJ09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put on heated grips. 🙂 Should come in handy here in South Florida.  🤣

  • Haha 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@betoney @new1709rider

I buy them off @betoney  he ships them to @new1709rider who puts the index marks on them and ships them to me! For a modest fee of course. 

I crack myself up. 🤣

  • Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

@betoney @new1709rider

I buy them off @betoney  he ships them to @new1709rider who puts the index marks on them and ships them to me! For a modest fee of course. 

I crack myself up. 🤣

Trust me, I had the same thought!  :) 

I’m already setup with the Gilles Tooling adjusters:  Functional and beautifully made, but a bit more subtle than the LightTechs. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koth442 said:

Show us said mill :)

Uh-oh... the machinists are getting ready to throw down!   :) 

  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×