What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

@betoney @new1709rider

I buy them off @betoney  he ships them to @new1709rider who puts the index marks on them and ships them to me! For a modest fee of course. 

I crack myself up. 🤣

@fddriver2 - Since I am not using them, you can have them for free.  All I ask is in exchange that you make a modest donation to @Cruizin to help keep the bills paid.  If interested, send me a PM with your shipping info.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, nhchris said:

I thrashed my 09 a bit doing a speedy a 50-mile lap in +60 degree weather.  Had a big rain event last night so roads were salt-free, clean and dry.

Seemed like old times (way back in September). Anyhoo, the batt's charged, tires warmed up and oil pushed into every nook and cranny of that naughty C3 motor.  I am really glad I have the bike as an alternative to bitching about the lousy skiing.

Kept an eye our for a guy on a farkled brandy new M10 but @chesterburnet  was no where to be seen:). 

I was out yesterday for a couple of hours down here in Massachusetts. The roads were kind of greasy and I was not liking the new K-Tech rear shock. Today was forecast for rain but while out food shopping this morning It cleared up and I rushed home. I got my GF to help me set the sag and then went out to this farm road that is about a mile long with frost heaves end to end and spent about 45 minutes running up and down getting the compression and rebound set. When I can do 75 mph on that road the suspension is working well. I actually got it pretty good. I maxed out the preload on the front as I'm 250 lbs. I have the correct springs and will put the bike in the shop and have them installed and then do a good setup with them. Even so the bike is starting to feel almost as good as my FJ 09. This is a fun bike. I ended up riding down in Rhode Island until after dark. I put on over 200 miles yesterday and today. I'm 50 miles south of Boston so I don't ride up your way too often.

As a side note, I've installed rear shocks and had shop do the front end with cartridges and do the set up. Today was the first time I tried to set up myself as it always seemed a bit mysterious. When I approached it systematically it wasn't to hard. I feel like I got it pretty close. For me the key was to isolate each part of the process. Then I was able to figure out what was going on and what was working. I think I can get better at this.    

12 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

@betoney @new1709rider

I buy them off @betoney  he ships them to @new1709rider who puts the index marks on them and ships them to me! For a modest fee of course. 

I crack myself up. 🤣

I'll do them for free, just pay for shipping. Betoney can mail them to me and I'll forward them to you. As light as they are shipping can't cost much.😉

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, chesterburnet said:

Today was the first time I tried to set up myself as it always seemed a bit mysterious. When I approached it systematically it wasn't to hard. I feel like I got it pretty close. For me the key was to isolate each part of the process. Then I was able to figure out what was going on and what was working. I think I can get better at this.    

That is the key right there, one setting at a time and eventually you will get it dialed in.  👍

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, chesterburnet said:

For me the key was to isolate each part of the process. Then I was able to figure out what was going on and what was working.

The best possible advice you can give for suspension setup.   I used to cringe when I would hear one of my students say “I’m gonna change <something> and <something else> and <another dependent variable>” when chasing suspension setup.  Yeah, it will be way different, but how in the world will you know what input yielded which part of the result?   

Glad you’re getting it (methodically) dialed in!  That MT-10 should be an awesome bike for you.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, new1709rider said:

I'll do them for free, just pay for shipping. Betoney can mail them to me and I'll forward them to you. As light as they are shipping can't cost much.😉

@betoney????? 😎

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

12 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

The best possible advice you can give for suspension setup.   I used to cringe when I would hear one of my students say “I’m gonna change <something> and <something else> and <another dependent variable>” when chasing suspension setup.  Yeah, it will be way different, but how in the world will you know what input yielded which part of the result?   

Glad you’re getting it (methodically) dialed in!  That MT-10 should be an awesome bike for you.  

I've put on about 500 miles. Up until today I kept cranking it up over 100 mph because the suspension just didn't allow the great handling to shine and so going fast was all I could do to have some fun. Today with the setup being pretty close I just rode and enjoyed the handling and didn't hit 100 all day. It's a helluva motorcycle........but then again so was my XSR900 and FJ09 and the FZ 09 I rented out in California.

4 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Uh-oh... the machinists are getting ready to throw down!   :) 

Ha! It's been wayyyyy too long since I've made chips. My career as moved me in the opposite direction, additive manufacturing (3D printing, opposed to subtractive manufacturing like machining). Less chips,  but cooler machines.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member

My second hand (brand new) genuine LighTech Chain adjusters arrived today and they are now fitted.  As everyone who has them has said, they are very easy to install and above all, adjust accurately!  Happy camper. 😁

LTCA.thumb.jpg.14099ea83face3941ac891f7f7b44705.jpg

LTCA1.thumb.jpg.aa11059584a9f16c209ae194399caf3d.jpg

• Thumbsup 5

In an effort to make long days in the saddle more hospitable, I've built a few items. First are the highway peg mounts that use the top front engine mount bolt location. Second is the rear mount for a Givi tank bag and Bungie buddy mounts on either side of the passenger seat. Third is a mount for a Garmin GPS that's centered in my line of sight. Not pictured is the National Cycle V-Stream touring wind screen, FJ-09 saddle bag mounts to replace the rear passenger peg mounts and a shift rod from a FJ-09 to replace the quick shift. No, I'm not trying to sell anything, I build for my own needs. The foot peg mounts and the tank bag mount are untested prototypes.

IMG_20200113_135614386.jpg

IMG_20200113_135643854.jpg

IMG_20200114_111502089.jpg

IMG_20200114_111525936.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, angusmcoz said:

In an effort to make long days in the saddle more hospitable, I've built a few items. First are the highway peg mounts that use the top front engine mount bolt location. Second is the rear mount for a Givi tank bag and Bungie buddy mounts on either side of the passenger seat. Third is a mount for a Garmin GPS that's centered in my line of sight. Not pictured is the National Cycle V-Stream touring wind screen, FJ-09 saddle bag mounts to replace the rear passenger peg mounts and a shift rod from a FJ-09 to replace the quick shift. No, I'm not trying to sell anything, I build for my own needs. The foot peg mounts and the tank bag mount are untested prototypes.

Great job fabricating the parts, very functional. 👍

Ordered and received this item in about a week, strangely, shipped from a suburb of Toronto. I didn't expect it to be of high quality but didn't care as it's just a side stand enlarger but it is, and fits perfectly and to me a side stand enlarger isn't worth $40 or $50 that others sell.

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Kickstand...