What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Last night I finished up the Fuzeblock install along with most of the wiring for accessories on the new Tracer 900. I added a battery tender plug, Heated gear controller, dash cam DVR, Skene dimmer and VisionX LEDs, and a dual USB Q3 port + volt meter on the right side of the dash. I'm still waiting on an Adventuretech light bar to finish the LED installation. 

I was surprised at how much room is available under the plastics on the Tracer. It seems to have more space than than my FJR does for running wires. Overall underseat space is not as much, but I also don't have the big vacuum controller and servo motor for the MCCruise that took up so much space on the FJR...

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, draco_1967 said:

I was surprised at how much room is available under the plastics on the Tracer.

As a data point, I just found this prehistoric creature - completely intact, but very dead - hanging out on the gas tank under the right side front tank cover plastics.   I would love to know how it made it in there without being squashed on impact...  

87E48DE5-0FEC-431B-AB58-5D7E3BFDCAC9.thumb.jpeg.345102ce7102fdb39c26ac727d419840.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2

14 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

As a data point, I just found this prehistoric creature - completely intact, but very dead - hanging out on the gas tank under the right side front tank cover plastics.   I would love to know how it made it in there without being squashed on impact...  

Crawled in there, blinded by lust for the big, red, shiny, “female dragonfly” it had spotted and died of exhaustion after hours of love making?

• Haha 6

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

On 1/12/2020 at 7:24 PM, betoney said:

@fddriver2 - Since I am not using them, you can have them for free.  All I ask is in exchange that you make a modest donation to @Cruizin to help keep the bills paid.  If interested, send me a PM with your shipping info.

Recieved these chain adjusters in the mail Wednesday form Betoney,  took them to work yesterday and added some indexing marks centered on the axle holes. Will go by the post office today and send them on to fddriver. 

Hope he gets as many miles on his FJ this year as these things are getting on them making their way to him.🤣 Washington state to North Carolina to Florida. 

20200117_074100.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 3

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, new1709rider said:

Recieved these chain adjusters in the mail Wednesday form Betoney,  took them to work yesterday and added some indexing marks centered on the axle holes. Will go by the post office today and send them on to fddriver. 

Hope he gets as many miles on his FJ this year as these things are getting on them making their way to him.🤣 Washington state to North Carolina to Florida.

@new1709rider - Thank you for getting these parts fixed so they work properly.  That looks so much better than anything I could have attempted without the proper tools.  👍

• Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

The man in brown dropped these off today. :)

Rotors.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
47 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

The man in brown dropped these off today. :)

Rotors.jpg

Very nice, the bike is coming together piece by piece!  Bring on the Spring weather!

When removing the rotor mount bolts use heat and direct, even pressure.  The threads have Loc-Tite and it could be easy to round out the head of the bolt.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I had pinched the left heated grip cable in the KTM hand guards handlebar clamp (doh!) when installing the Renthal Street Naked bars (my 2nd try at an alternative set when going low with the Outlaw Racing TH-08 Low bars pissed off my sciatica so I went high this time), so this week I ran continuity and resistance tests on the OEM heated grips.  Both side had "closed" circuits with 2 ohms of resistance.  I just don't know why they didn't seem to warm up when I checked them in the time it took the coolant to get up to 205F+.  Oh, well, we'll find out in the spring.

Now on to checking the throttle bodies (a 5 minute job because I plumbed remote vacuum lines to the TB ports) and changing the engine oil and oil filter.  Not sure if I'll bother with the spark plugs, as I replaced them with iridium sparkies at 24,000 miles (now at 35k and the OEM regular plugs had looked great) when I adjusted the valves (all were very tight), sealed off the air injection ports and flipped the check valve stops (just to be safe even though Vcyclenuts ECU flash had turned it off), installed an APE CCT (after the recall CCT got me nervous), adjusted the APS, replaced the coolant, air filter, brake fluid when I installed Spiegler lines front and rear along with Matt's spacers and bolts for the R1 320 mm front rotors plus a new R1 Brembo master cylinder and RJL (then EBC) front pads.

I DO Want to lube the swing arm and shock linkage (the K-Tech Razor R will thank me), and check the steering head bearings.  The chain if not the sprockets at only just over 16k are for some reason reaching critical mass despite being a quality unit and reasonably well cared for (though it has seen a fair amount of rain riding) but isn't gone yet.  The forks were completely rebuilt for the second time (don't ask) less than 5k ago, not long after I had replaced the bushings, seals and wipers when I installed Matt's excellent fork cartridges Sonic .95 springs along with a rebound cap and rod in the left stick.  I flushed the brake fluid again not too long ago due to a lot of rain riding (50 inches last year!).

What else should I consider doing maintenance wise at 35k?

14 hours ago, betoney said:

When removing the rotor mount bolts use heat and direct, even pressure.  The threads have Loc-Tite and it could be easy to round out the head of the bolt.

Yep, happened to me. One, just one, of the bolt heads rounded. I took all the others out without using heat, just using constant pressure until they moved, but one rounded very quickly using the same approach. I had to hammer a bigger torx head bit in to get it to move. Frightening times 😳 Using heat would have kept my blood pressure down.

• Thumbsup 2

3 hours ago, angusmcoz said:

Also finished tail case mount.

Case1.jpg

That looks really good. Is it a Givi quicklock mount on a Peli case?

• Thumbsup 3

7 minutes ago, BBB said:

That looks really good. Is it a Givi quicklock mount on a Peli case?

Yes, the mount is Givi from an unused tank bag but the case is an Apache 3800 from Harbor Freight. They seem to hold up well and the price is good.

• Thumbsup 3