What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Howton said:

Yeah I'm slowly repairing the rust. Can't wait til its done!

I'll be interested in your progress.  The old Z cars sure are enjoying a cult resurgence.  Glad that many are being saved.

I put a Speed Angel's screen protector on my '15.... nice product.

Although my display screen has faired just fine through the years so I'm wondering if it was necessary.... oh well, 1 more farkle to add to the list.

• Haha 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

5 hours ago, duhs10 said:

Although my display screen has faired just fine through the years so I'm wondering if it was necessary.... oh well, 1 more farkle to add to the list.

LOL, this is exactly what I’m doing in the next hour; no idea if needed, but saw it posted here, the farkle reflex kicked in and the screen protector is now in my hand. 🤪

I think millennials call it “fear of missing out”.

• Haha 3

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, duhs10 said:

I might have to give them another chance and try their Nano-Glass version.  I tried the anti-glare a few years ago and hated it but from photos posted here, it looks like the nano -is absolutely crystal clear.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, betoney said:

I might have to give them another chance and try their Nano-Glass version.  I tried the anti-glare a few years ago and hated it but from photos posted here, it looks like the nano -is absolutely crystal clear.

It is very clear. I can't even tell it's there except for the edge of the nano-glass.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Found a use for the unused foot peg mounting holes on the FJ-09 side case brackets on my GT. Never have enough water on the road. Tested it today and doesn't interfere with my heel when I'm on the balls of my feet. 

Bottleholder1.jpg

Bottleholder2.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Clem Fandango said:

Why are you cleaning your chain several times a week?

Was wondering the same thing - Am I missing something with these auto-lubers??  Why.  I spray wax on my chain and good for while.  However, i don't ride in anything but sunshine.

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

2 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

Was wondering the same thing - Am I missing something with these auto-lubers??  Why.  I spray wax on my chain and good for while.  However, i don't ride in anything but sunshine.

I ride a lot, year round.  Commute to work daily on sanded and salted snowy/slushy/wet roads.  Just a couple days take it from freshly cleaned and lubed to fully rust covered and crusty.  The rest of the bike rinses off fine, but the chain needs constant oiling.

Even under normal summer circumstances though I do a bare minimum of 50kms per day, so a 500km interval sees every two weeks.

I've gone through a bunch of chains over the years, and more aggressive lubing is a lot cheaper.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, duhs10 said:

It is very clear. I can't even tell it's there except for the edge of the nano-glass.

I just placed my order. I've been meaning to get a screen protector on mine for, oh, years. So here we go. Thanks guys. 🏍️

• Thumbsup 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...