What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member

Received and installed my new Corbin seat and also installed the GPS mount above my stock display unit. (The GPS install turned out to be much more difficult than I expected)

I think my bike now has all the mods that the one I crashed in late november had. I won't say I'm done, that milestone is never reached, but I can commute, ride for fun, or travel with this bike as it is.

And the nice weather is right around the corner.....

• Like 1

• Premium Member

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member

I took advantage of the internet and my current home office situation to order a bunch of odds & ends for the FJ.  Chain & sprockets, some trick Rizoma handlebar risers, fluids, filters, a few tools...   $500 later, and I have some projects to keep me busy over the next couple of weeks. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

I spotted some corrosion on my mirror stalks, so off they came, sanded, corrosion treated, primer and the only black I had in the garage was a Ford car paint. Turns out it was slightly metallic so now I have twinkly mirror stems 🤪

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, betoney said:

I lubed the chain... and then spent a sunny afternoon up at Mount St. Helens.

image.thumb.png.96c19f1f0768b35a72341608fbfb3ff3.png

image.thumb.png.319a53a6ab9a18b592610af9b0b9bfd2.png

Beautiful.  With such a violent recent (relatively) past!  Still beautiful though 🙂

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

Beautiful.  With such a violent recent (relatively) past!  Still beautiful though 🙂

It is coming up on the 40th anniversary of the eruption, I was 13 years old and remember watching the ash plume shooting up into the sky as it happened.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

It is coming up on the 40th anniversary of the eruption, I was 13 years old and remember watching the ash plume shooting up into the sky as it happened.

I've always been a bit fascinated with the eruption event and have watched several documentaries and you tube footage over the years since.  Truly an awesome event with terrible consequences for some unfortunately.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 3/19/2020 at 2:44 PM, texscottyd said:

I took advantage of the internet and my current home office situation to order a bunch of odds & ends for the FJ.  Chain & sprockets, some trick Rizoma handlebar risers, fluids, filters, a few tools...   $500 later, and I have some projects to keep me busy over the next couple of weeks. 

Quoting yourself seems a bit egotistical, but it’s the easiest way to tie this together...  :)  

Revzilla for the win!    I ordered a random assortment of 14 items yesterday at 2:00 pm (US Central Standard Time), and the entire order was on my doorstep today at 5:00 pm.   I’m impressed... stunned, but impressed.    

I now have project plans for my stay-at-home weekend!  

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Quoting yourself seems a bit egotistical, but it’s the easiest way to tie this together...  :)  

Revzilla for the win!    I ordered a random assortment of 14 items yesterday at 2:00 pm (US Central Standard Time), and the entire order was on my doorstep today at 5:00 pm.   I’m impressed... stunned, but impressed.    

I now have project plans for my stay-at-home weekend!  

Do share what said project plans are! 

• Supporting Member
51 minutes ago, ChadTheFoxFox said:

Do share what said project plans are! 

A handful of little things, mostly:

- Rizoma handlebar risers.   Looking for a slightly more sporting stance, and these should be perfect.  The fact that they’re a work of machined art is an added bonus.  

- Install the Galfer steel brake lines I’ve had sitting on the shelf for far too long.   Today’s delivery included Speed Bleeder bleed screws for the calipers, and plenty of nice new Bel-Ray Super DOT 4 brake fluid.  

- K&N air filter and new plugs.  I’ll do the APS adjustment when I’m in there.   Oil & filter, too.  

- New chain & sprockets are on the agenda, but the new kit hasn’t arrived yet from Sprocket Center.   Maybe tomorrow, but probably showing up early next week.  

If I’m still looking for something to do, my Raptor-Interceptor street fighter build is always waiting in the wings...  there’s no shortage of things to keep me occupied.  

• Like 2