Jump to content
yamaham

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

A handful of little things, mostly:

- Rizoma handlebar risers.   Looking for a slightly more sporting stance, and these should be perfect.  The fact that they’re a work of machined art is an added bonus.  

- Install the Galfer steel brake lines I’ve had sitting on the shelf for far too long.   Today’s delivery included Speed Bleeder bleed screws for the calipers, and plenty of nice new Bel-Ray Super DOT 4 brake fluid.  

- K&N air filter and new plugs.  I’ll do the APS adjustment when I’m in there.   Oil & filter, too.  

- New chain & sprockets are on the agenda, but the new kit hasn’t arrived yet from Sprocket Center.   Maybe tomorrow, but probably showing up early next week.  

If I’m still looking for something to do, my Raptor-Interceptor street fighter build is always waiting in the wings...  there’s no shortage of things to keep me occupied.  

 

Awesome can’t wait to read the write ups.

I just bought my FJ a few weeks ago after 7 years with a 2001 GSXR-750, so I’m sure I’ll have a few projects in the future myself, if the world dosnt end first that is.

  • Thumbsup 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChadTheFoxFox said:

Awesome can’t wait to read the write ups.

I just bought my FJ a few weeks ago after 7 years with a 2001 GSXR-750, so I’m sure I’ll have a few projects in the future myself, if the world dosnt end first that is.

There is a lot of collective experience and knowledge with add-ons and upgrades on this forum.  If you have questions or need help making decisions on purchases, feel free to ask.


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, betoney said:

There is a lot of collective experience and knowledge with add-ons and upgrades on this forum.  If you have questions or need help making decisions on purchases, feel free to ask.

Oh trust me I will haha, I’ve already been thumbing through old threads and write ups on my future upgrades and projects.

i definitely won’t hesitate to ask, you guys have way more knowledge haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betoney said:

There is a lot of collective experience and knowledge with add-ons and upgrades on this forum.  If you have questions or need help making decisions on purchases, feel free to ask.

So, @ChadTheFoxFox - This is secret forum speak for “we will find ways to coerce you into spending money on things that you literally did not know existed before you met us” 

Welcome!   @coachluciano will be your tour guide...  :)  

  • Thumbsup 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

So, @ChadTheFoxFox - This is secret forum speak for “we will find ways to coerce you into spending money on things that you literally did not know existed before you met us” 

Welcome!   @coachluciano will be your tour guide...  :)  

Oh trust me I’m already infected, I already found a set of Yamaha Hard cases and matching Top case that all share a key. Picking those up tomorrow.

Ive got a Radiator guard and Givi Engine Bars ordered, need to find some time to get my ECU Flashed and my Suspension adjusted (upgraded) I’ve already send a Forum member some of my money for a SW-Motech Engage Tank bag and Chain Tensioners.

Ive only had the bike for a few weeks and I’m already hypothetically broke haha.

 

edit: actually I could use some help putting on the Center stand. The P.O took it off and I wanna put it back on, but can’t find any Write ups or videos on how to reinstall or change it.  

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added these little extension pieces to the mirrors.  I've been putting it off for too long.  They add just the right amount of extension, for me at least, to allow better rear view vision without having to lean around the corner to see past your arms/shoulders.

The photo is a generic one (not my bike) but you get the idea.

image.png.e9d91c01b5063702cd56a5bdd4461fff.png

  • Thumbsup 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChadTheFoxFox said:

edit: actually I could use some help putting on the Center stand. The P.O took it off and I wanna put it back on, but can’t find any Write ups or videos on how to reinstall or change it.  

Bolting it on is straight forward, but the springs are a pain. You’ll need a strong hook. I tried making one but ended up buying the correct tool to make it easier.

Something like this

s-l1600.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Genuine...

 

  • Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @dazzler24 you will like those extensions. Unlike some of the extensions out-there they won't interfere with the handle bar switches or wind screen.

  • Like 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChadTheFoxFox said:

edit: actually I could use some help putting on the Center stand. The P.O took it off and I wanna put it back on, but can’t find any Write ups or videos on how to reinstall or change it.  

Install the centerstand bolts and then install the springs last, use a spring puller.

Brake Spring Hook Tool Ampere


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, betoney said:

Install the centerstand bolts and then install the springs last, use a spring puller.

Brake Spring Hook Tool Ampere

Okay, got one of these ordered!

any idea where to find the spring(s)? I’m not sure if the PO gave them to me or not. And all I’m finding on fleabay and amazon are whole center stands or exhaust springs. (Also because this thread isn’t about that) back on topic!

Today I am picking up my Yamaha Side Cases and Top Case all with matching key! I’m installing my Givi short screen after a trip to the hardware store, Installing my Radiator guard, and my Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Will update with pictures later!

  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChadTheFoxFox said:

Okay, got one of these ordered!

any idea where to find the spring(s)? I’m not sure if the PO gave them to me or not. And all I’m finding on fleabay and amazon are whole center stands or exhaust springs. (Also because this thread isn’t about that) back on topic!

Today I am picking up my Yamaha Side Cases and Top Case all with matching key! I’m installing my Givi short screen after a trip to the hardware store, Installing my Radiator guard, and my Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Will update with pictures later!

cdn.partzilla.com

 

Looks like parts 60, 61 and 62.

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My go to source for part numbers and most times the parts. Best online listing I can find.

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, angusmcoz said:

My go to source for part numbers and most times the parts. Best online listing I can find.

@angusmcoz and @texscottyd Have you tried the parts fiche from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC?  The exploded view is interactive, each part highlights when you hover your mouse over it showing you the price, part number, how many you need for a specific assembly (like exhaust gaskets) and allowing you to add it directly to your cart.

 

 

Edited by betoney
  • Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×