What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member

Self isolation at the edge of the Everglades. Broward Country has issued a "shelter in place" order.

Screenshot_20200324-155638_Maps.jpg

20200324_155543.jpg

20200324_155546.jpg

• Sad 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

..and several people have found that the early OEM are too soft and can be damaged when tightening the axle if everything is not aligned perfectly.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

7 hours ago, mkvgti said:

Two sons helped me as a human jack stand to install long thread bolt in order to attach an engine guard to my bike.

IMG-7903.JPG

That’s an unusual engine guard @mkvgti. I don’t recall seeing one that bends downwards like that. How low is it in relation to the footpegs? 

1 hour ago, BBB said:

That’s an unusual engine guard @mkvgti. I don’t recall seeing one that bends downwards like that. How low is it in relation to the footpegs? 

Well, I took this photo from upper angle, so you might feel odd. This is Daytona engine guard, the brand you might not see in overseas.

There's no Tracer photo on the Daytona website, borrowed photos are XSR900 and MT-09, though its the same guard so you can see how it fits and relation to the footpeg/rear brake.

XSR900.jpg

mt09.jpg

Edited by mkvgti
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soullancer said:

Because you don't need to release any bolts in order to adjust it? Just turn on the fly, same amount on each side?

You’ll still need to undo the locknut on the adjuster and release the axle nut.  I can’t see the claimed increase in precision myself, but they sure do look nice.

6 minutes ago, BBB said:

You’ll still need to undo the locknut on the adjuster and release the axle nut.  I can’t see the claimed increase in precision myself, but they sure do look nice.

I installed these as well.. primary reason was due to the axle head digging into the OEM axle block.  I do like the adjustment mechanism of the Gilles Tooling kit but I don't necessarily find it easier or quicker.  I am able to get more precise adjustments because of the included measuring tape (for lack of better word) that you stick to the swingarm. After initially aligning the rear wheel it is easy to see how far you have moved each side.

20200328_100105.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
On 3/12/2020 at 10:08 PM, Trambo said:
On 3/11/2020 at 11:53 PM, duhs10 said:

I put a Speed Angel's screen protector on my '15.... nice product.

Although my display screen has faired just fine through the years so I'm wondering if it was necessary.... oh well, 1 more farkle to add to the list.

I just placed my order. I've been meaning to get a screen protector on mine for, oh, years. So here we go. Thanks guys. 🏍️

My package arrived via Royal Post last week. 🧐 I felt so fancy.

I'm glad they provided an extra protector. As expected I fouled up the first one, despite taking my time and (what I thought was) meticulous pre-fitting for placement. Yeah, right. 😖 The second one applied perfectly. Only a couple small bubbles that worked right out. Nice product, looks really good and no more worries that I'll deface the OEM gauge cluster.

After that, I wheeled her out of the garage and did a nice spring cleaning. Checked fluids, tire pressures, and she fired right up, despite sitting all winter long. Battery Tender FTW. I geared up and took her for a spin and fueled her up with fresh premium. It's been months since I rode, so it was exhilarating to open her up and the glorious sound of the Black Widow exhaust put a big grin back on my face. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...