What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

IMG_7975.thumb.JPG.8df73a9db97ec43a14d5a2e00e730c6c.JPG

And here's the new screw it on till it's tight then break off the bolts Master Link.

5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Lone overdue:  New chain & sprockets at 18k miles.    Wow!   It’s quiet & smooth again.... 

741E1FF3-C640-4155-AD4E-E8CB60AD2FD7.thumb.jpeg.8cfe73f9a07ac9af5a0eab8662caca10.jpeg

He got the pretty gold one! Oh yeah, gotta have pix or it didn't happen, LOL! Here's my new chain!IMG_7977.thumb.JPG.b99dc48f6b1509b25bb8a0c0bfc7d7c2.JPG

Mine's the EK Chain SRX2 Series Xring Sealed Natural Drive Chain

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, tktplz said:

He got the pretty gold one!

It’s actually not gold, but the ‘natural’ DID VX.    I guess it must be the light in that photo, because it looks a lot more silver/grey in person.  

52 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

It’s actually not gold, but the ‘natural’ DID VX.    I guess it must be the light in that photo, because it looks a lot more silver/grey in person.  

Must be the lighting, mine is natural and looks grey. I thought about the gold to go with the red and forks and such but at 79.00 for the natural 110 I stayed with natural. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, tktplz said:

Must be the lighting, mine is natural and looks grey. I thought about the gold to go with the red and forks and such but at 79.00 for the natural 110 I stayed with natural. 

On a COMPLETELY different topic, this is my all-time favorite bottle opener.   It was a gift from a motorcycling friend, who also happens to be a Shreveport cop, about 30 years ago.    I thought you might approve... :) 

CE2508E6-A553-4AB9-A0B3-9F2F64964182.thumb.jpeg.b4f8da07c61e0708e8e3ffd70d2f4dbb.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, texscottyd said:

On a COMPLETELY different topic, this is my all-time favorite bottle opener.

I have the motion pro trail tool under the seat, for you know, absolute emergencies when something breaks and you can only get home if you fix it by the road side. One of those emergencies must be the lack of beer as this stripped-down, ultra-light, essential components only, has a bottle opener built in 😎

85A73FEF-C5DE-4DF0-8681-5856005E159A.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

9 hours ago, texscottyd said:

On a COMPLETELY different topic, this is my all-time favorite bottle opener.   It was a gift from a motorcycling friend, who also happens to be a Shreveport cop, about 30 years ago.    I thought you might approve... :) 

CE2508E6-A553-4AB9-A0B3-9F2F64964182.thumb.jpeg.b4f8da07c61e0708e8e3ffd70d2f4dbb.jpeg

Oh hell yeah! The crawfish farmers are being hit hard this year. The restaurants were selling boiled drive thru but that hasn't been enough. I'm supossed to be in The Hill Country this weekend coming up but that's a no go. Hopefully it will be good the end of May for our Eureka Springs meet. 

• Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, koth442 said:

Survive that tornado yesterday?

Yes I did. It came close but missed us by a whisker! Oh yeah I'm in the Bible Belt so yeah missed us by the grace of GOD!  

• Thumbsup 5

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Yes I did. It came close but missed us by a whisker!

Glad to hear you are OK, the last thing you need is more tragedy in these crazy times.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I'v painted the belly pan in the same colour as the gas tank. :)

O3CHsKj.jpg

l2PCCqa.jpg

in the second picture the sun was very strong and the angle of the bash plate make it show a different colour (like the small part under the seat) but the colour is in fact the same as the OEM colour. 

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tktplz said:

Yes I did. It came close but missed us by a whisker! Oh yeah I'm in the Bible Belt so yeah missed us by the grace of GOD!  

Glad to you guys fared well. Really feel for those not so lucky. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, tktplz said:

Scary stuff.  I have a friend in Chattanooga that had a huge scare last night, too.    He was in the basement with his dogs when the tornado roared by...   his house was ok, but only a few hundred yards away things were heavily damaged.   

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, betoney said:

Glad to hear you are OK, the last thing you need is more tragedy in these crazy times.

Thank you and texscottyd. I read a lot of news and things from all over the world. It was an article that said something like, Islanders "Traumatized"by volcano. WTH? If you are traumatized by the volcano you move. Come hell or high water you find a way to move. Me I live in tornado alley. If I was traumatized by tornado's I'd move. I'd find a place that felt safer to me. I lived in California from 1979 to 1986. Plenty of quakes, a big 1 too I remember. I think 1980? Also the Olympics in 1984. I lived in Venice Beach, The Eternal Carnival. 1/2 a block off the beach on Thornton Ave right across from the RTD station. Nothing like 250 or so buses rumbling/idling from 4 AM. I worked a factory job. Everest and Jennings Wheelchairs. I made the hand-rims to go on wheelchairs. The part you grab with your hands. Didn't care about quakes. Hey it's natural for where you are. Things move and you make sure nothing is above or close to you that can fall on you. Tornado's happen in tornado alley. It's home and it's what I'm used to. I have been in a school room under a desk as the tornado threw a trashcan through the window into the room. Just like it was yesterday. I have a healthy respect for the tornado, just like the bike can kill me. I have a healthy respect for the bike, LOL! And yes I'm getting up right now to get another, the 3rd highball glass with a couple of cubes in it and 2 to 3 oz. of good bourbon. It cures what ales ya! Yes I'm rambling.......  😁

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Me I live in tornado alley. If I was traumatized by tornado's I'd move. I'd find a place that felt safer to me... 

And yes I'm getting up right now to get another, the 3rd highball glass with a couple of cubes in it and 2 to 3 oz. of good bourbon. It cures what ales ya! Yes I'm rambling.......  😁

I get it...  Home Is Home.   I’ve lived along the Texas Gulf Coast for 30 plus years, and the very real threat of hurricanes and flooding is just part of the deal.   You try to prepare (physically and mentally), hope for a little good luck, and then put the pieces back together again if you end up on the bad end of nature’s fury.  

That said, tornados are a different beast.   You know a hurricane is coming, and have time to react to some extent...  generally you either hunker down or you leave.   But tornados happen quickly and only marginally-predictably, and pack incredible violence into a series of dense, short-duration events.   I’m not exactly sure my point, other than the idea that everyone’s perspective of ‘acceptable natural hazards’ is based on the devil you know.   

Enjoy your bourbon!   I think you’ve earned a relaxed evening...  

-Scott

• Thanks 1

What's the diff between a hurricane and a tornado?   Here in the coastal tropics of the South Pacific we see a number of cyclones every year, without fail.   Many are very destructive and deadly.   But I've never heard them referred to as hurricanes?

Is it possibly something to do with where they form and are created - over land or over the sea?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.