What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

13 hours ago, TheBigG said:

I'v painted the belly pan in the same colour as the gas tank. :)

O3CHsKj.jpg

l2PCCqa.jpg

in the second picture the sun was very strong and the angle of the bash plate make it show a different colour (like the small part under the seat) but the colour is in fact the same as the OEM colour. 

I've gotta say (and please don't burst into tears!) that this belly-pan looks hideous on your GT - far too angular when contrasted to the smooth organic lines elsewhere on the bike, looking almost like something from the drawing-board of a design for a stealth aircraft.

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

6 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Is it possibly something to do with where they form and are created - over land or over the sea?

Right you are sir. Tornadoes blow up inside thunderstorms in a circular motion. Hurricanes for us are a storm that starts in Africa, comes across the Atlantic then into the Gulf of Mexico and if we are unlucky it becomes land bound and strikes at the coast then moves inland. Being in Louisiana we have both tornadoes and hurricanes.

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

13 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Scary stuff.  I have a friend in Chattanooga that had a huge scare last night, too.

Huh, didn't know a tornado went through Chattanooga. It's only a hop skip and a jump from me. 

'15 FJ09

11 hours ago, wordsmith said:

I've gotta say (and please don't burst into tears!) that this belly-pan looks hideous on your GT - far too angular when contrasted to the smooth organic lines elsewhere on the bike, looking almost like something from the drawing-board of a design for a stealth aircraft.

I'm not that sensitive!

While I have to admit that my expectations was too high I don't think the belly pan is ugly. 

I thought the look will get much better but it is.... on the same level, just different :)

• Thumbsup 1

18 hours ago, wordsmith said:

What's the diff between a hurricane and a tornado?   Here in the coastal tropics of the South Pacific we see a number of cyclones every year, without fail.   Many are very destructive and deadly.   But I've never heard them referred to as hurricanes?

Is it possibly something to do with where they form and are created - over land or over the sea?

Hurricane=cyclone=typhoon, huge, powerful storms, visible from space. 

Tornadoes are highly localized events - one can tear through a town and destroy a narrow swaft, utterly destroying one house and leaving it's neighbors alone.  Look up aerial views of tornado damage.  It's like Godzilla trampled through a town.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, koth442 said:

Huh, didn't know a tornado went through Chattanooga. It's only a hop skip and a jump from me. 

My friend is in East Brainerd...  I honestly don’t know how it missed him. 

0787C8F2-FD59-4063-8322-4B73BEBF1FFC.jpeg.4a81d267c57caa30f3a45484b4d7e2c4.jpeg

In December 1974 Australia experienced its worst-ever tropical cyclone - named Tracy - which utterly devastated the far northern city of Darwin.   Only 71 deaths were recorded, although there is and was strong belief that the actual death toll was actually much greater due to the many outlying small townships - many largely Indigenous - that were equally hit but casualties never recorded. Almost all of Darwin's civilian population was evacuated to southern towns and cities, and most never returned.

Actual recording of Cyclone Tracy in 1974 - YouTube

Cyclone Tracy survivors struggle with trauma 45 years on from one ...

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

When did this thread get hijacked by weather watchers, woudn't mind if you started by saying you tied your bike down to make sure it didn't end up in the land of Oz.😉

I painted the second hand engine bars for mine today ready to get fitted. Needed to order a length or stainlless steel all thread to fit this should hopefully be here tomorrow and I can get them on the bike.

When did this weather Thread get hijacked by a 'what did you do to your Tracer today' Thread?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, texscottyd said:

My friend is in East Brainerd...  I honestly don’t know how it missed him. 

0787C8F2-FD59-4063-8322-4B73BEBF1FFC.jpeg.4a81d267c57caa30f3a45484b4d7e2c4.jpeg

Wow!! Lucky indeed!

12 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Hurricane=cyclone=typhoon, huge, powerful storms, visible from space. 

Tornadoes are highly localized events - one can tear through a town and destroy a narrow swaft, utterly destroying one house and leaving it's neighbors alone.  Look up aerial views of tornado damage.  It's like Godzilla trampled through a town.

Tornado's kind of remind me of a laser. A narrow path of absolute destruction while most of the surroundings are relatively unharmed (when compared to a hurricane with similar straight line wind speeds)

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09