What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Just out of curiousity - was this in part due to being sick of driving a knee into the pointy bit on mount up?

Looks good BTW.

No, actually it was 100% out of boredom and looking for something to tinker with.  I took them off a few years ago and found them laying on a shelf in the garage and a light bulb went off - "hey, there's something that I can modify...why not?"😎👍

Edited by betoney
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 4/16/2020 at 7:00 PM, Wintersdark said:

Nice price but the shipping is killing me.....

In-Stock

• Shipping Estimate: $92.93
  • Shipping to 71068
  • Please note this is just an estimate - heavier/larger items may incur additional shipping & handling charges. For the actual shipping cost please proceed to Checkout.

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

51 minutes ago, betoney said:

No, actually it was 100% out of boredom and looking for something to tinker with.  I took them off a few years ago and found them laying on a shelf in the garage and a light bulb went off - "hey, there's something that I can modify...why not?"😎👍

I did somewhat the same thing on my master cylinder tops on my 1999 VMax. I put fine sandpaper in a 1X4 and sanded to top down to smooth except for the YAMAHA on the top. Then clear coated the aluminum. Turned out pretty nice for a home modification . Yours looks good too betoney. 

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Yup... these guys are pretty much setup for domestic market (walk-in locations in my area). Industrial supply and surplus items. They will ship to you, but it would be a one-off, and therefore expensive. Harborfreight should have something similar on your side of the fence, no? I bought a MC dolly from them some years back.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

4 hours ago, Coop said:

I washed off the winter bugs yesterday, but today is cold and rainy.  Cold and rainy was fun a long time ago, but now I like a little sunshine.

Same here. It's been beautiful all week till Friday night. It will be raining till Monday when I go back to work. Then it will be beautiful again. Says rain again Wednesday but nice for next weekend. Hate to wish days of my life away but come on Saturday, LOL! 

Almost forgot Coop, bet that FJ looks GOOD!!!! Well sure, it's an FJ.

Edited by tktplz
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tktplz said:

In-Stock

• Shipping Estimate: $92.93
  • Shipping to 71068
  • Please note this is just an estimate - heavier/larger items may incur additional shipping & handling charges. For the actual shipping cost please proceed to Checkout.

Yeah, if you're not in Canada, you miss the "free shipping under $100" deal.... And it's bloody heavy.

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:03 PM, mkvgti said:

Two sons helped me as a human jack stand to install long thread bolt in order to attach an engine guard to my bike.

IMG-7903.JPG

I'm curious as to the bike in the forefront.  Up right forks with well soiled blue fork spongy protector thingies (indicating an older bike) but seemingly  with a newer fender and interestinging headlight and surround.  I'm stumped.  Converted supermotard? 

Edited by roadwarrior
  • Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

I'm curious as to the bike in the forefront.  Up right forks with well soiled blue fork spongy protector thingies (indicating an older bike) but seemingly  with a newer fender and interestinging headlight and surround.  I'm stumped.  Converted supermotard? 

You can see the bike better in this post.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

5 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

That's Yamaha TT-250R Raid. It's a dirt bike TT-250R derivative,  kind of light weight tourer/adventure bike made in 1995.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
On 4/16/2020 at 7:42 PM, foxtrot722 said:

Awesome looking screen, but I have a question, if you were to hold it by the edge with one hand, stick your hand out of your car window at 45 MPH, flat against the wind, I'm betting it would be very difficult or impossible to hold, so considering the wind loading of it, does to compromise the amount of air going through the radiator? I have often wondered about that. 

It has to reduce the amount of air going through the radiator.  A screen in a window can block up to 50% of air going through it.  We're not reading about the bikes of everyone with a screen guard overheating, though.

I'd guess find someone on this forum who lives in a similar climate with similar riding that you do and see if he complains that his temp gauge keeps running high.  If not, buy the same guard he has.

• Thumbsup 1

9 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

It has to reduce the amount of air going through the radiator.  A screen in a window can block up to 50% of air going through it.  We're not reading about the bikes of everyone with a screen guard overheating, though.

I'd guess find someone on this forum who lives in a similar climate with similar riding that you do and see if he complains that his temp gauge keeps running high.  If not, buy the same guard he has.

Thanks for your reply, guess the radiator has the cooling capacity to keep the engine cool with some restricted air flow. That being said, I guess if it doesn't overheat stuck in traffic in 95F temperatures, that says a lot for the cooling system. 

1970 DT-250 / 1972 250MX / 1973 360MX / 1974 250MX & 1974 CZ 400 Red Frame & SC 500 / 1978 YZ 250 / 1979  YZ250 / (2) 1980 YZ 250 / 1986 YZ 490 / 1989 YZ250 WR / 1994 YZ 250 / (2) 2002 YZ 426 / 2007 YZ 450 / 2007 DR 650, 2015 FJ 09 / 2020 YZ 250

Has anyone out there installed an air horn on a 2019 or 2020 Tracer?

I was wondering what "tupperware" has to come off in order to reach battery terminals from the front mount horn position. ( tank, front gas tank panels, etc)

Thanks for any input.

On my last bike, I just fed it through with a "feeder" wire. This bike has a lot more plastic though.