What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Knowing dazzler as well as I do - we are on each other's Christmas cards lists - I suggest pink...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

@dazzler24 - What color next?

@betoney - good question?!  Any suggestions?  Maybe a bronze.  Similar colour to the wheel rims, engine and case cover accents perhaps.  That's if there's a similar/close match in Plastidip.  Or something else...??

EDIT:- What about this?  "Brass Monkey" from Plasti Dip.

image.png.d2992efbecbcc548f23d04982dcc2445.png

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

Knowing dazzler as well as I do - we are on each other's Christmas cards lists - I suggest pink...

@wordsmith - Pink!!!  Perhaps you don't know me as well as you thought.  Looks like you're now off the Christmas card list Wordy.

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

@betoney - good question?!  Any suggestions?  Maybe a bronze.  Similar colour to the wheel rims, engine and case cover accents perhaps.  That's if there's a similar/close match in Plastidip.  Or something else...??

I really like the idea of a bronze to match the engine bits.  Unfortunately we don't have the bronze wheels here in the US but I have considered getting mine painted.

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

13 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

After sporting a red 'hairdo' for a few months I've decided to go back to my natural colour - Grey.

Paint2.thumb.jpg.59ca4809abef78bdfc4475643107acff.jpg

Grey.thumb.jpg.dee44ae3329a643785a44e7159429321.jpg

The beauty of rubber paint - just peel it off when you want a change.  Pretty well came off in one piece.

Plastidip.thumb.jpg.6ef0cc82aeff6a35c366a8cc6241a73a.jpg

Brilliant example of the rubber paint usage. Think I'll be trying something different soon. Just waiting for the paint colour to tug my arm.   👍

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

I really like the look of the true metallic colors.  Lots of possibilities.👍

• Thumbsup 2

I'm not at all sure that I'd be using Plasti Dip on wheels - it is pretty soft even when cured.   Elsewhere I have recently seen some pix of BMW cast wheels that have been powder-coated - brilliant finish, better than new.  FWIW...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

I'm not at all sure that I'd be using Plasti Dip on wheels - it is pretty soft even when cured.   Elsewhere I have recently seen some pix of BMW cast wheels that have been powder-coated - brilliant finish, better than new.  FWIW...

Agreed, I would never use it on wheels but I like all 3 colors in that example.  I'm going to research powder coating colors and finishes for my wheels.

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, koth442 said:

Nice loop around the Cherohala Skyway & 129. 

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I hate you...   :D  

I’ve got to venture a long way from home to find that caliber of riding.   Hope you had a great ride! 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:59 AM, dazzler24 said:

A summary of a few things done while in lockdown: -

1. New HEL braided brake lines - plus hydraulic pressure switch replacing existing mechanical switch.

2. Yamaha DRL/indicators

3. Painted the cargo carrier.

4. Put some reflective stripes on the wheels.

5. Gave her a bath.

@dazzler24, how do you like that seat of yours? 

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

After sporting a red 'hairdo' for a few months I've decided to go back to my natural colour - Grey.

The beauty of rubber paint - just peel it off when you want a change.  Pretty well came off in one piece.

How did it feel gaining that additional 10HP going back to the faster colour?

😄😉

😎

• Haha 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

2 hours ago, koth442 said:

Did a 190 miles door to door. Nice loop around the Cherohala Skyway & 129. No campers, but still trafficy. 129 was crowded, as always. 

You lucky dog you! Cherohala is my favorite. When we go each year we go to Boone, Blowing Rock area first, "Green Eyed Snake"  then leave out Wednesday morning to Deals Gap. Joe my buddy rides on down and I put mine on the trailer, hurry down to be the first to cross the Cherohala.  This pic was last year, sent it to the group just to razz them.IMG_7197.thumb.JPG.22b20e81ad6d3983fe4d9621e3659f17.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I hate you...   :D  

I’ve got to venture a long way from home to find that caliber of riding.   Hope you had a great ride! 

It was pretty good as far as street rides go. I have to go another hour or two before I get to the great stuff in western NC. 

7 minutes ago, tktplz said:

You lucky dog you! Cherohala is my favorite. When we go each year we go to Boone, Blowing Rock area first, "Green Eyed Snake"  then leave out Wednesday morning to Deals Gap. Joe my buddy rides on down and I put mine on the trailer, hurry down to be the first to cross the Cherohala.  This pic was last year, sent it to the group just to razz them.IMG_7197.thumb.JPG.22b20e81ad6d3983fe4d9621e3659f17.JPG

Nice!

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member

5 hours ago, betoney said:

I really like the look of the true metallic colors.  Lots of possibilities.👍

@betoney - Yes, the plastidip range is quite extensive but it's always hard to know how it will really look until you 've got it on.  Again, it's just a matter of peeling it off if you don't like it I guess.

3 hours ago, betoney said:

Agreed, I would never use it on wheels but I like all 3 colors in that example.  I'm going to research powder coating colors and finishes for my wheels.

I too was surprised to see it being used on rims but it seems to be a very popular option that many people use it for?!  I agree though, not something I would attempt for wheels.