What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Touring EU on FJ said:

@dazzler24, how do you like that seat of yours? 

I like it a lot!  Much better than the stock IMHO.  There is plenty of discussion around this seat here in the forum.

Do a search for Bagster in this forum and all the opinions are there for you to dissect.

Enjoy the ride!

• Supporting Member
On 5/1/2020 at 2:58 PM, roadrash83 said:

@betoney you will like that cargo net, I have the same one and it does a great job. It looks as good as new after 5 years of use!

I got it mounted today with a mesh air bag, perfect for carrying emergency rain gear or lunch.  Its stretchable enough to carry at least twice what I have on there now.

image.png.5d2e6d511a91555dbcc1a74e88d25d70.png

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Something as useful is this carry-rack that mounts on top of a hard pannier - I don't have one but have considered it for carrying a rather bulky two-piece wet-weather oversuit.   The cargo net would go well with this, and together leave more space in the box and panniers...

Universal-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Top-Box-Rack-Shelf-Mount-Carry-Extra-Pannier-Case

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member

Yesterday I put on the Givi handguad extension to the GT. Today I got a chance to try them out on the highway at speed. Gone is the head shake I would get following 18 wheelers and passing them in their wake turbulence. I had the bike up to the speed limiter and the front end felt much more planted. I even think the wind noise and helmet buffeting is slightly less, so gone is one of my biggest complaints  with the bike 👍

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

On 5/3/2020 at 7:06 PM, Lazyshade said:

since I’m kinda in the club now. 

Well, we will decide that after your 90 day trial period, LOL! Naw, Welcome to the Club!

Edited by tktplz
duh spelling
  • Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

I bought a set of chinesuim adjustable rear sets to try and get a little more leg room. I have extended the rear nitron shock and have the forks pushed through flush so I have a little lee way to drop them down.

Hopefully the metalurgy is ok on them when they turn up.

I'll be greasing the swingarm and linkage bearing whilst i'm in there. I may even service the nitron rear shock as I have had it on there a while now.

Edited by Buggy Nate

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

I bought a set of chinesuim adjustable rear sets to try and get a little more leg room. I have extended the rear nitron shock and have the forks pushed through flush so I have a little lee way to drop them down.

Hopefully the metalurgy is ok on them when they turn up.

I'll be greasing the swingarm and linkage bearing whilst i'm in there. I may even service the nitron rear shock as I have had it on there a while now.

I also have a Nitron shock. What does extending it do? I've been disappointed with mine. Doesn't feel any better than stock. Can't seem to get it dialed in. It is set up for my weight. Had the forks done. Huge improvement.

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

I also have a Nitron shock. What does extending it do? I've been disappointed with mine. Doesn't feel any better than stock. Can't seem to get it dialed in. It is set up for my weight. Had the forks done. Huge improvement.

Which shock do you have, R1, R2 or R3?  If it is the R1 then the adjuster changes the rebound and compression simultaneously with one knob, the upper tier shocks have individual adjustment.  The custom built shock 'should' be a noticeable improvement in ride quality, however I don't find one adjustment that alters both rebound and compression damping to be ideal, *for my needs*.  I usually get the compression set and then leave it but fine tune rebound a bit more.

The ride height adjustment raises the rear, same as lowering the front, more front weight bias and sharper steering input. 

According to Nitron -

Please include your weight (with any specific requirements you may have regarding whether you want a lower or higher default seat height - i.e. if you are taller or shorter than average) and state how your bike is used (i.e. road solo only, road with pillion, road and track or track only etc.) as we will be building your shock to your specific order with the optimum length, spring rate and damper adjustments pre-set for you. If you need further information or assistance, please call us to discuss your needs.

• Nitron will build your shock to order with the specification based on your individual needs and with all adjustments pre-set (see above)

If it was custom built and they didn't get it set up correctly for you, I would give them a call.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, betoney said:

Which shock do you have, R1, R2 or R3?  If it is the R1 then the adjuster changes the rebound and compression simultaneously with one knob, the upper tier shocks have individual adjustment.  The custom built shock 'should' be a noticeable improvement in ride quality, however I don't find one adjustment that alters both rebound and compression damping to be ideal, *for my needs*.  I usually get the compression set and then leave it but fine tune rebound a bit more.

The ride height adjustment raises the rear, same as lowering the front, more front weight bias and sharper steering input. 

According to Nitron -

Please include your weight (with any specific requirements you may have regarding whether you want a lower or higher default seat height - i.e. if you are taller or shorter than average) and state how your bike is used (i.e. road solo only, road with pillion, road and track or track only etc.) as we will be building your shock to your specific order with the optimum length, spring rate and damper adjustments pre-set for you. If you need further information or assistance, please call us to discuss your needs.

• Nitron will build your shock to order with the specification based on your individual needs and with all adjustments pre-set (see above)

If it was custom built and they didn't get it set up correctly for you, I would give them a call.

I have the R1. I answered all of the question so they could build it to my needs. Bumps are harsh. Forks soak up road imperfections then the shock feels pretty harsh.

Had Dave Moss look at it one day at Cycle Gear before I had the forks done. He did what he could, but basically said the front end was making the shock act the way it is.

Had K-Tech valves and pistons installed along with springs for my weight. Huge difference. No fork dive and soaks up road imperfections pretty good.

I've set the sag and played with rebound. No matter what setting bumps are harsh. I'll call them. Doesn't seem right.

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

I have the R1. I answered all of the question so they could build it to my needs. Bumps are harsh. Forks soak up road imperfections then the shock feels pretty harsh.

Had Dave Moss look at it one day at Cycle Gear before I had the forks done. He did what he could, but basically said the front end was making the shock act the way it is.

Had K-Tech valves and pistons installed along with springs for my weight. Huge difference. No fork dive and soaks up road imperfections pretty good.

I've set the sag and played with rebound. No matter what setting bumps are harsh. I'll call them. Doesn't seem right.

Have you tried the knob 'softer' or 'softest'?  if you lessen the adjuster it 'should' make it less harsh but will also make it slightly more 'springy'.

The best way I can describe the 'one knob does it all' type setup is - think of your home stereo, what if one knob adjusted both bass and treble in unison, when you adjust the bass so its not too booming, now your treble sounds flat or if you set the bass so it shakes the walls then now the treble will shatter glass, if you adjust one then it affects the other.

When you call them tell them exactly what you are experiencing and what you want to achieve.

• Premium Member

Rode it to a lake and smoked a cheap cigar. 

20200504_162802.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Installed a set, front and rear, of 12oClockLabs Programmable Advanced Animated Turn Signals. Boy are these things cool! While I was at it, installed a Blaster-X brake light, but chose NOT to integrate the turn signals into it. And if that wasn't enough, the Madstad and Engage tank bag came in the mail today as well. It was like Christmas! Now I'm just waiting on the GPS mount.

IMG_20200504_182359.jpg

IMG_20200504_191537.jpg

IMG_20200504_191553.jpg

IMG_20200504_191618.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1