What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Same here, dammit!   I have new tires to go break in, but the weather is calling for 90% chance of rain, with a prediction of 4" - 6" over the course of the weekend...   😡

Same here.  We've already gotten 2"+ tonight/this AM.  Got up and started wet vacuuming the basement seepage.  Been putting off having someone in to inject either chemical grout or epoxy...but I think it's finally time.  Next week the forecast is low 50's then warming toward the weekend, and 70+ next Friday and Saturday.  Please! We deserve it.

I've been getting out once a week+ since before this pandemic started.  Wisconsin opened up yesterday after their supreme court over-ruled their gov's restrictions, and people were packing the bars.  Idiotic Cheeseheads!  I'm OK with opening things up but intelligently with reasonable, sensible procedures and cautions.  But to cram into poorly ventilated and lit saloons elbow to elbow is just plain stupid.  Open up retail with curbside pick-up or more if possible safely, etc.  Not sure how hair salons, barbers and mani-peti salons can safely be operated but I suppose...

My oldest is an ER MD and still has not been tested (?) but doesn't want me and SWMBO, being elderly, anywhere near...

20200410_130226.jpg

20200222_160626.jpg

20200513_171936.jpg

20200502_130315.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I've gone to 520 on all my bikes, including the FJ.  Lighter, cheaper, spins up faster with nominally less longevity.  Modern 520 chains can handle 120 RWHP and 75 FP, so why not?!  +1 on Sprocket Center...

20170910_180639.jpg

20170910_180655.jpg

20170910_180743.jpg

20170910_180749.jpg

20191116_181937.jpg

20191116_182504.jpg

20191116_182325.jpg

20191120_164357.jpg

• Supporting Member

@2and3cylinders I'm jealous,  wish I could get ethanol free octane  pump gas where I lived. Buying race gas to store the older bikes for the winter gets expensive, about $40.00 for a 5 gallon can last time I looked.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, BBB said:

Did you have to get a new master link @texscottyd?

On my last chain install, I added a little to much tension and the flare actually split.  I had to order a replacement master link.☹️

• Confused 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, banderso said:

Sweet tirechanger 2and3.

But, clean up the mess!😁

A neat desk is the sign of a sick mind...

It's like when you're baking or cooking a 5 + course meal, things get messy but you clean up spic n span before company arrives.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

@2and3cylinders I'm jealous,  wish I could get ethanol free octane  pump gas where I lived. Buying race gas to store the older bikes for the winter gets expensive, about $40.00 for a 5 gallon can last time I looked.

I actually have to ride 70 miles up to WI for E0, and even then not all counties have it. And when they do it's almost always Premium 90+ octane.  Great for the FJ09 but if an engine does not require Premium, running it is a waste of $ other than the benefit of not sucking ethanol.  My VTR runs very nicely on Regular but I sometimes give it the "juice" so he doesn't feel neglected.

Go to pure-gas.org to find E0.  I think only downstate can you find it here in IL 😣

• Premium Member

I think a couple of the chain manufacturers provide with their master links thin, wire W shaped anti-crush spacers to minimize over peening/flaring but I've found these spacers don't work all that well. It's nerve wracking and a PITA to keep checking so you don't screw it up.  Sometimes a bit tight loosens up, sometimes not.  Invariably if there is a sticky master link in another 15~18k miles other links will begin to follow anyway even with the best chain care; and I also run either an automatic or manual oiler.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I actually have to ride 70 miles up to WI for E0, and even then not all counties have it. And when they do it's almost always Premium 90+ octane.  Great for the FJ09 but if an engine does not require Premium, running it is a waste of $ other than the benefit of not sucking ethanol.  My VTR runs very nicely on Regular but I sometimes give it the "juice" so he doesn't feel neglected.

Go to pure-gas.org to find E0.  I think only downstate can you find it here in IL 😣

I see that E10 regular was $1.19 in your photo, what was the price there for E10 premium? 

Here in Oregon we're still paying ~$2 for E10 regular and $2.30-2.50 for E10 premium. E0 premium is around $4 per gallon, so I only run it in my chainsaw and lawn tools. Not worth the price difference in my FJ-09.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Wisconsin opened up yesterday after their supreme court over-ruled their gov's restrictions, and people were packing the bars.  Idiotic Cheeseheads! 

They had to know it would be impossible to keep Cheeseheads out of the bars for very long. 

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, keithu said:

They had to know it would be impossible to keep Cheeseheads out of the bars for very long. 

It was on a business trip to Eau Claire that I was first introduced to the term "Wisconsin Drunk"

Those Cheeseheads are serious!  :)

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, keithu said:

I see that E10 regular was $1.19 in your photo, what was the price there for E10 premium? 

Here in Oregon we're still paying ~$2 for E10 regular and $2.30-2.50 for E10 premium. E0 premium is around $4 per gallon, so I only run it in my chainsaw and lawn tools. Not worth the price difference in my FJ-09.

E0 91 is back up to 2:59 God knows what it is around me in Illinois

I've only had my Tracer GT for two weeks.  PO had two MRA screens and I've put on Angel GT tires, Givi crash bar, X-Grip for phone, Adventuretech mirror extenders and larger side stand foot, and grip puppies.  Highway pegs to mount on the crash bar should arrive today and Motopumps riser should arrive soon.  Still need a new seat!!

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, texscottyd said:

It was on a business trip to Eau Claire that I was first introduced to the term "Wisconsin Drunk"

Those Cheeseheads are serious!  :)

I've been up to EC a few times for business as well, you ain't kidding man. They make drinking an Olympic sport.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...