What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
15 hours ago, wordsmith said:

I'm shocked that you're shocked, knyte, for there has been a heap of discussion on this very point over the years, with no really good reasons being put forward, tho' plenty of opinions - including from me!   But I note that you are a new member, and you'll surely catch-up sooner or later.   Take a look at these posts: 

How is such a great bike so unpopular!?

By Zach26, April 18 in FJ-09 Tracer 900 General Discussions

Heya, thanks, well aware of that thread.

I can still be shocked!

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Willie17FJ-09 said:

Yes, now I can fit my tool roll and tire repair kit. I made a wall from a piece of plastic. I have attached a print. Next I need to tidy up the wiring a little. 

Does this mean the tool roll is now resting on the plastic panel above the wheel? If so, it might be a good idea to strap the tool roll to the frame member. That plastic panel is only held in place by a couple of cheap plastic clips and the overlapping tail side panels. Strapping the heavy items to the frame member would take some strain off the plastic panel, and probably also keep things from vibrating and bumping around. 

• Thumbsup 2

8 hours ago, keithu said:

Does this mean the tool roll is now resting on the plastic panel above the wheel? If so, it might be a good idea to strap the tool roll to the frame member. That plastic panel is only held in place by a couple of cheap plastic clips and the overlapping tail side panels. Strapping the heavy items to the frame member would take some strain off the plastic panel, and probably also keep things from vibrating and bumping around. 

Yes it is, That is a good idea to use some straps

• Thumbsup 1

After my ride yesterday in the hot Texas weather and my hands cooking for 400 miles I decided to remove the handguards. I wasn't sure I would like the looks but after removing them I think it looks better. I also ordered some cheap bar ends but for now I just put a black washer and screw in until they get here. 

20200523-171057.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

Installed some Grip Puppies.  I've heard a lot about these, but never tried them.  I have a lot of issues with numbness in my right hand (regardless of whether I put pressure on that wrist or not), and I'm hoping the wider diameter solves that problem.  

20200523_165221.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
58 minutes ago, Zach26 said:

After my ride yesterday in the hot Texas weather and my hands cooking for 400 miles I decided to remove the handguards. I wasn't sure I would like the looks but after removing them I think it looks better. I also ordered some cheap bar ends but for now I just put a black washer and screw in until they get here. 

20200523-171057.jpg

I did the same thing on mine, and MUCH prefer the look and riding dynamics without the batwings.   The bike feels lighter & narrower (I know it’s just a visual trick), and on my bike, it was the mod that finally eliminated that pesky high speed weave.   I always suspected it was an aero issue, and this confirmed it for me.   

Factory FZ9 bar ends are a great way to go.  Heavy, black, cheap, and easy to install.  

• Thumbsup 1

4 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

I did the same thing on mine, and MUCH prefer the look and riding dynamics without the batwings.   The bike feels lighter & narrower (I know it’s just a visual trick), and on my bike, it was the mod that finally eliminated that pesky high speed weave.   I always suspected it was an aero issue, and this confirmed it for me.   

Factory FZ9 bar ends are a great way to go.  Heavy, black, cheap, and easy to install.  

Yeah I have heard about the affects the handguards can have on the aerodynamics. The only time it has really bothered me is when following or passing semis. I just bought some cheap bar ends from Amazon for $10. If they don't work out I will go with the factory ones. The reviews for the cheap ones were petty good though. 

• Thumbsup 2

2 minutes ago, Zach26 said:

Yeah I have heard about the affects the handguards can have on the aerodynamics. The only time it has really bothered me is when following or passing semis. I just bought some cheap bar ends from Amazon for $10. If they don't work out I will go with the factory ones. The reviews for the cheap ones were petty good though. 

I ditched mine as well. I put some Acerbis lever guards on mine to give it a little flair.

• Thumbsup 2

22 minutes ago, cwdawson01 said:

Beak was added!

Many mods have been done to my baby, but I think this might be the last one for awhile! I say that now, but im sure i'll see something else i really don't need but will buy anyways.....lol. 

• Premium Member

I put on the KTM Adventure's hand grips almost immediately and never noticed any high speed wobble, aero induced or otherwise over 35k miles but never had it over 120 mph

Can't see doing a beak, no real functionality as I'm totally function over form.

Grip Puppies and R&G nylon bar ends (have to check out how heavy the FZ bar ends really are (anyone weigh them?) but with minimal vibes ever, wanted the larger diameter for my size 11+ mits

Which I could do something about heel clearance even on my 15 but if anything would want my rubber shod pegs a bit lower and forward not more rear set.  Thinking about the MRW Vario pegs or a Chincom clone like I put on my VTR (real Varios on it but they're dear).  Concerned about adequate shifter and brake pedal adjustment though.  Anyone do them?

• Thumbsup 1