What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

2 minutes ago, betoney said:

Exactly.  Stock is 105hp and with an Akrapovich full system, Nels was able to get it tuned to 117hp on his dyno in the video above.

I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time but im 90% sure that what it dyno'd at when I was in the booth with him.

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, cwdawson01 said:

Here is a chart from Akrapovic. I thought it was 8-10 but looks like its 7hp. Still, without any tuning on a bike that is extremely limited by regulations, we are looking at 119.3hp with just the pipe. Throw in some correct fuel mapping and taking the limiter off, dont see why its so crazy. 

Unit Stock Exhaust Akrapovic Max Gain
Maximum Power kW 82.7 at 9900 rpm 87.7 at 9850 rpm + 5.1 at 9850 rpm
  HP (m) 112.4 at 9900 rpm 119.3 at 9850 rpm + 6.9 at 9850 rpm
  HP (i) 110.9 at 9900 rpm 117.7 at 9850 rpm + 6.8 at 9850 rpm
Maximum Torque Nm 88.3 at 8400 rpm 91.9 at 8250 rpm + 6.4 at 5150 rpm
  lb-ft 65.1 at 8400 rpm 67.8 at 8250 rpm + 4.7 at 5150 rpm
Weight kg 8.4 4.6 - 3.8
  lb 18.5 10.1 - 8.4
  % - - - 45.2
Static Noise Level dB 94 at 5000 rpm 102.5 at 5000 rpm + 8.5

Just saying I have watched a lot of Nels tuning videos, as well as other tuners dyno videos, and I have never seen a FJ/FZ with a full exhaust and race software even exceed 120hp.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 minutes ago, betoney said:

Just saying I have watched a lot of Nels tuning videos, as well as other tuners dyno videos, and I have never seen a FJ/FZ with a full exhaust and race software even exceed 120hp.

Again, I could be wrong but that is what i remember. It could be a fishing story that keeps getting bigger and bigger. By honestly to my best recollection, that's what i remember. Maybe i should email him and try to get my dyno results. I got it done in 2016 on my 15.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cwdawson01 said:

Again, I could be wrong but that is what i remember. It could be a fishing story that keeps getting bigger and bigger. By honestly to my best recollection, that's what i remember. Maybe i should email him and try to get my dyno results. I got it done in 2016 on my 15.

24 minutes ago, betoney said:

I have been doing a little research as im wondering if im losing my mind. The 2015 FJ09 has a claimed HP of 115. Just the tune alone is supposed to add 12hp. If you take out the foam by the air box, that adds another 4-5hp. And then you toss is a full akra exhaust, lets say its only 7hp. That puts it at 138hp. Maybe im not losing my mind? Who knows? Lol

3 hours ago, cwdawson01 said:

I have been doing a little research as im wondering if im losing my mind. The 2015 FJ09 has a claimed HP of 115.

Remember that this is the power developed at the crankshaft and with transmition losses will be less at the rear wheel when measured on a dyno setup. Personally I'm not to bothered about upgrading my bike for more top end power, as a road rider I havn't needed to run the bike up to the rev limit. Might be tempted to flash the system to even out throttle action if I felt it was justified or wanted to improve mid range response. 

If you ask yourself "Have I got enough power?" and the answer is yes you are sorted. But, life isn't just about what we need, its also about want and if you want more and you can justify SPEND SPEND SPEND and enjoy the result.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, AlphaMayle said:

Got a few drops of oil out the overflow tube behind the shifter side peg after riding to work yesterday, any thoughts ? 

I have two rubber tubes in front of the peg. These come from the bottom of the fuel tank so should only contain fuel. I think one is to prevent overfilling and one comes from the filler ring itself, for spillage in that area.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Zach26 said:

Yeah I have heard about the affects the handguards can have on the aerodynamics. The only time it has really bothered me is when following or passing semis. I just bought some cheap bar ends from Amazon for $10. If they don't work out I will go with the factory ones. The reviews for the cheap ones were petty good though. 

Have not had a single high speed wobble since dumping the stock hand guards. I’ve hit 133 with zero issues. In fact I hit triple digits whenever the opportunity arises. Have not had one aero issues since. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 4

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

30 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

Have not had a single high speed wobble since dumping the stock hand guards. I’ve hit 133 with zero issues. In fact I hit triple digits whenever the opportunity arises. Have not had one aero issues since. 

Amen brother!!! As long as you pick your spots to do it and are safe about it, give her hell!

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, cwdawson01 said:

Amen brother!!! As long as you pick your spots to do it and are safe about it, give her hell!

I was literally giggling in my helmet yesterday. 3rd gear around 95, this bike has spunk. Lots of it. Just amazes me every time I roll the throttle and the bike just wants to go. 

• Like 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, cwdawson01 said:

I have been doing a little research as im wondering if im losing my mind. The 2015 FJ09 has a claimed HP of 115. Just the tune alone is supposed to add 12hp. If you take out the foam by the air box, that adds another 4-5hp. And then you toss is a full akra exhaust, lets say its only 7hp. That puts it at 138hp. Maybe im not losing my mind? Who knows? Lol

Again, I think those numbers are very optimistic.  Sure, dyno numbers will vary a small percentage based on calibration, weather, elevation, air density etc, but not to the point of getting almost 20hp higher than anyone else has ever achieved.  Even in 2wheeldynoworks own video post they list the results -

"2019 Tracer 900 GT with a full Titanium Akrapovic Exhaust System and our 2WDW Custom ECU Flash spittin' fire on the dyno! 117hp/65tq at the wheel"

Here is a typical result for a stock  FZ or FJ.  104-105hp

Here is a typical result for a tuned FZ/FJ with full Akropovic system  114hp

• Thumbsup 1

Well my ride down to brown county and meet the wife at the inlaws to pick up the daughter didnt go a planed. About 30 miles from the house. On the interstate heard a pop and all of the sudden the bike got wallowey. Pulled over and discovered this. 

Wife had stopped for gas and was a few mins behind me. She saw me and had to turn around to get me. So we are now heading back to the house to get my truck. Fun day

20200524_123020.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Supporting Member

@limpy88 - What could you have possibly run over that would put a huge gash through the tire carcass like that?  Glad to hear you were able to get stopped safely.

On a positive note, virtually any brand name tire you install will be an improvement in traction and handling compared to the stock tires.

• Thumbsup 3

4 hours ago, BBB said:

I have two rubber tubes in front of the peg. These come from the bottom of the fuel tank so should only contain fuel. I think one is to prevent overfilling and one comes from the filler ring itself, for spillage in that area.

This is definitely oil from one of the two hoses I believe it is from the air box will investigate tonight 

• Supporting Member

Well that sucks @limpy88.  Glad you survived unscathed!   

On the positive side, that tire is definitely past its ‘use by’ date.  Fresh rubber will make a big improvement in how it rides & handles.  

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1