What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

2 hours ago, betoney said:

@limpy88 - What could you have possibly run over that would put a huge gash through the tire carcass like that?  Glad to hear you were able to get stopped safely.

On a positive note, virtually any brand name tire you install will be an improvement in traction and handling compared to the stock tires.

2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Well that sucks @limpy88.  Glad you survived unscathed!   

On the positive side, that tire is definitely past its ‘use by’ date.  Fresh rubber will make a big improvement in how it rides & handles.  

I was going to order tires this week. I had planned on commuting this coming week though. Im at 8400 miles on stock tires. Not much left they hit the wear bars this week comuting. Doing 120 miles in a day.

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, AlphaMayle said:

This is definitely oil from one of the two hoses I believe it is from the air box will investigate tonight 

Ah, okay. There is a drain at the bottom of the airbox. A small amount of oil is okay as it comes up from the AIS system which can scavenge gases from the top of the engine.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

21 hours ago, cwdawson01 said:

My Day One Mod would be having the bike flashed on the dyno @ 2wheeldynoworks! Nels is the man! Totally different bike once that was done.

Nels is awesome, and 2WDW does good work - had one of their flashes on the old MT07.  I don't see it being very important on a new GT, though.  The fueling is just fine.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Oil and Filter change this morning then I had to say to My wife that I needed a short 50 mile ride to break in the new oil to make sure all the air bubbles had blead out of the system. 

That's a good idea, but in my experience it takes at least 100-150 miles to properly bleed the oil. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, keithu said:

That's a good idea, but in my experience it takes at least 100-150 miles to properly bleed the oil. 

Brilliant, why didn't I think of this.

• Premium Member

Walked right by it for the third day in a row. 😭

radar_flanim.gif

• Sad 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

@betoney - What can I say, except.. 

wow GIF

What a spectacular ride.   Thanks for the photos 

Ive said it before, our winters absolutely SUCK in the Pacific Northwest but late Spring through early-mid Fall can be unbelievable.  The variety of terrain for riding is amazing, from lush coastal forests to mountain passes to rocky canyons and dry higher elevation desert.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Some great pics coming out of this forum recently,  brilliant.  But I ask, how do you manage these miles in a day. ?  I'm done by 250. Shoulders ache, arse ache, happy to get home ache.  I suppose it depends on the roads, but 250 can take me 6/7 hrs, with stops and chat, maybe too much chat.  🙂👍

4 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Some great pics coming out of this forum recently,  brilliant.  But I ask, how do you manage these miles in a day. ?  I'm done by 250. Shoulders ache, arse ache, happy to get home ache.  I suppose it depends on the roads, but 250 can take me 6/7 hrs, with stops and chat, maybe too much chat.  🙂👍

If you do it frequently enough you build up a tolerance. Plus quality twisty roads tends to keep your mind distracted from the body aches. 

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Not sure how old you are but building up a "tolerance", I'd call it distance resistance training, requires repeated, frequent "practice".  Now age slows you down and lessens your resistance, accelerating the weariness and fatigue that brings with it the aches and pains.  What counteracts these negatives are comfort mods like a saddle, screen, taller bars or risers, cruise control or throttle lock, grip puppies, ear plugs, suspension, lighting, etc.  However, besides age, injuries that become dibilitating, disabling maladies cut significantly into your range.  I know riders older than me who are not only faster but have more endurance because they've stayed / gotten in/into better shape and have not been injured; which is the Catch 22.  As it's very hard to stay/get in/into shape when you are hurting and in significant protracted, disabling pain.

Now road conditions, traffic, weather and above all, attitude can effect your stamina, sharpness, focus, concentration and pain level.  And it's hard to maintain a positive outlook and long haul aptitude when it's hot and worse, humid, or cold and windy, and you have to slog through heavy traffic over coarse, bumpy, pot hole strewn roads through seemingly endless miles of straight or convuluted, taxing/boring slab just to get to and from the twisty, scenic, fun, enjoyable stuff for less than half of the total miles traveled.

I speak from almost 50 years of experience.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1