What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 6/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, 1moreroad said:

Took a nice 250 mile ride Saturday and helped a friend get his Ninja 650 past the break-in mileage. 

Grabbed a photo at work with a coworker's Yamaha Raider. Motorcycles get premium parking spots. :)

It's raining now and for the next 2 days, so I'm taking the opportunity to wash all of my textile jackets. They were getting pretty grimy. 

20200607_084135.jpg

Hello! 

What screen is that?

200 miles from New Hampshire into Vermont on a beautiful Spring day.  Twisties all the way.

I love this bike!

ride.JPG

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 2
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

On 6/6/2020 at 11:34 AM, betoney said:

Save the money for gas and tires.

When I was 17 I had a 1968 GTO convertible. GTO = Gas, Tires, Oil

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

On 6/8/2020 at 9:53 AM, 1moreroad said:

It's raining now and for the next 2 days, so I'm taking the opportunity to wash all of my textile jackets. They were getting pretty grimy. 

Yeah, living in the country and riding further out when I do makes for a buggy jacket, bike and helmet. Make sure you pull the CE Armor from the jacket. It crumbles after a wash and hang dry. Don't ask me how I know this.......🤪

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, TheBigG said:

What screen is that?

Givi tall. Quietest windscreen I've found when in the high position. Requires an extra bracket. See the pix. 

1 hour ago, tktplz said:

Make sure you pull the CE Armor from the jacket. It crumbles after a wash and hang dry.

Ouch! Yes, I did. Put the armor back in the Klim and probably just hung it in the closet for the next 2 - 3 months. The mesh jacket is washed and ready to go.

To maximize airflow, I swapped the bar ends for FZ09 ones. It will be 90 all week and I'll be commuting. 

Also adjusted brakes and replaced a chain... on other 2 wheelers. :)

20200613_145259.jpg

20200613_145439.jpg

20200613_145500.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

To maximize airflow, I swapped the bar ends for FZ09 ones. It will be 90 all week and I'll be commuting.

20200613_145500.jpg

How does that touring screen feel at 90+ degrees?  do you have a summer sport screen?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

How does that touring screen feel at 90+ degrees?  do you have a summer sport screen?

I keep it high because of the lack of buffeting and relative quiet.  

Once temps push past 90 (and they're supposed to all next week) lots of wind doesn't really help me - it just feels like a hair dryer. I still get some airflow coming under and around the screen. But it's hot. 

Maybe I'll pull the whole screen off next week and see what it feels like. I've only ridden screen less in the Fall.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

I keep it high because of the lack of buffeting and relative quiet.  

Once temps push past 90 (and they're supposed to all next week) lots of wind doesn't really help me - it just feels like a hair dryer. I still get some airflow coming under and around the screen. But it's hot. 

Maybe I'll pull the whole screen off next week and see what it feels like. I've only ridden screen less in the Fall.

I recently switched to a small flyscreen and cant believe how much I enjoy it, even at 80-85 mph on the interstate.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, betoney said:

I recently switched to a small flyscreen and cant believe how much I enjoy it, even at 80-85 mph on the interstate.

I switched back to my intermediate screen from my GV tour with the spoiler on top when we had our first 90 degree day. But today I wish I had it today, by the Lake Michigan it was 58° outwest it got up to maybe 66 and I was wearing my Revit without the liner and even put my grips on.

But  the Givi is unbearable  in hot weather, I almost pass out 

when it's consistently hot I put my opaque black bikini screen

20200613_151956.thumb.jpg.d21dd7971aba40e95d91cf139241e0ce.jpg

Got my usual order at Adrian's Frozen Custard in Burlington Wisconsin, a Coke float and two Johnsonville hot dogs but they've gone up in price it used to be five bucks now it's $5.72 Oy Veh!

20200613_145342.thumb.jpg.ff5c646368680df54944ebe08366ffff.jpg

Turned over 39,000 today

Not terrible for 4 years but sadly no long tours, 90% cheesehead land day trips

20200517_170516.jpg

20200613_180539.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, betoney said:

Yup. I run a small flyscreen in summer as well for maximium airflow. It's glorious. :D 

IMG_20180226_183721.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

1 hour ago, 1moreroad said:

I use this, works well and it's cheap too!

s-l400.jpg

The windshield can protect motorcycle enthusiasts from the...

IMG_6648.thumb.JPG.e5b02dacd0bd03da30e55fe94ebacef2.JPG