• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, trevinator said:

<snip>

IMG_20200622_163458.jpg

i still get just a bit of turbulent air on the top of my helmet @ 6'1", so i ordered one of these for it as well. windscreen spoiler

I'm 6'; same screen.  Thanks for the link.

Edited by knyte
' not "
  • Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member

installed my new v-stream touring windscreen today! i also re-installed my beak. i had to dremel out a slot for the crashbars into the beak in order for everything to fit.

IMG_20200622_163424.jpg

IMG_20200622_163439.jpg

IMG_20200622_163458.jpg

IMG_20200622_163514.jpg

IMG_20200622_163535.jpg

still plenty of room at full lock with the larger handguards with bar risers.

i still get just a bit of turbulent air on the top of my helmet @ 6'1", so i ordered one of these for it as well. windscreen spoiler

Whose case guards are those.  I have the Givi and the little clamp on block looks like the Givi block?  

4 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Whose case guards are those.  I have the Givi and the little clamp on block looks like the Givi block?  

they are as3 performance crashbars. basically a clone of the src crash bars, except these are 1/3rd the cost of the src and 7/8" instead of the src 1".

as3 crash bars

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, trevinator said:

they are as3 performance crashbars. basically a clone of the src crash bars, except these are 1/3rd the cost of the src and 7/8" instead of the src 1".

as3 crash bars

Interesting, aluminum instead of steel but alloy or treatment other than 3 mm thickness is not indicated.  Seems decent quality.  And you're right, the SRC units are pricey!

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice fastest RED 15, I have mine set up very similar.  Can't tell whose case guards you have,  I have the Givi's and Pyramid clear PC headlight protectors and the rubber pegs too.  But whose hand guards are those, the look ginormous, BarkBusters?  I have the usual KTM Adventurer units.

The panniers are from a Yamaha FJR1200.  The hand guards are Puig covers over the stock frame.  Looking to change them out for Barkbusters, similar to the ones I have on an XSR700.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09 and 2018 Yamaha XSR700

today i got my t-rex racing highway pegs and got them installed, after a bit of custom work to make them not rotate though!

i had to use my dremel to put some grooves on the inside. they came with thin rubber glued to them, but it would just squeeze out and need to be re-tightened in 5 minutes, not even of use, just sitting there! i also used my belt sander to take material off the cap so that it would actually grab the bar. without the rubber, they would not clamp tightly to the bar. with the modifications, they are tight as can be now!

IMG_20200623_145250.jpg

IMG_20200623_145836.jpg

IMG_20200623_145855.jpg

IMG_20200623_145908.jpg

IMG_20200623_145916.jpg

Edited by trevinator
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

EASY RIDER!  Those are way out there.  Hope they won't spin into your tire or bike if you unfortunately dump it...

when i leaned the bike over to check clearance, they were about one inch closer to the ground than the normal pegs, so more than enough lean angle. there is plenty of clearance from the tire as well. i would be more worried about them wrecking the radiator since the mounting points are so close to it, but i dont have any plans on dropping her (knocks on wood).

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

today i got my t-rex racing highway pegs and got them installed

Awesome!  they make a long ride or road trip so much more comfortable. 👍

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Had a little run over some hills near the English/Welsh border. Wales still out of bounds for us from England due to their tighter restrictions over covid. Very happy with the new tail bag, plenty of room and liking the looks. Bit trickier getting on and off bike now though. 🤷‍♂️

Nice views from Clee hill today, getting very warm at the moment.  Quite happy to get home and back in shorts,  t shirt and a beer or 3. 🍻

20200623_143853.thumb.jpg.3bbe0633657faa9333ce20d40bc03a9b.jpg

IMG-20200623-WA0003.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

1 hour ago, Stew said:

Very smart, looks like it was designed with the tracer sort of look to it.

thank you Stew.  Its made by Kappa which is a cousin to Givi.  I liked that it came with the universal hardware and able to fit 2 helmets.

• Thumbsup 1

16 hours ago, Samaha said:

thank you Stew.  Its made by Kappa which is a cousin to Givi.  I liked that it came with the universal hardware and able to fit 2 helmets.

I'm really curious what the Kappa/Givi relationship is.  Kappa has basically a matching part lineup (with the same part numbers, just different letters) and is just branded differently but otherwise seemingly identical.  I strongly suspect they are in fact the same company, just with a "premium" label and higher prices.  

The alternative would be that they're just straight up copying Givi products *exactly*, but I'd think they'd run into legal issues there.  After all, even the included instructions in their products aren't "just like" the Givi instructions, but they are *exactly* the same instructions.